Pixar's

Office Romance (?)

“You wanted a next time, right?” Sehun suddenly looked up from his laptop.

“What?” My head hurt from all the numbers in my own screen.

“It’s time to pay you back for what happened two weeks ago.” He wiggled his eyebrows. I don’t know what it is with this kid, but he gets flirty and teasing when he talks about that encounter.

“Stop that!”

“Stop what? I’m just clocking in for the rain check I took the last time.” He smiled innocently.

Well. I’m never one to say no to food.

“This lunch?”

“Nope. Have work to finish up. What do you say to movie and dinner tonight?” He went on smoothly.

That sounds like a date. Doesn’t it? “Wolverine’s showing, and I really want to watch it with someone.”

I do want to watch the movie. Still. It seems like he’s being a bit personal. “Don’t you have other friends to watch it with?”

“Hey, this is a one-time deal. Movie and eating come in a package. Take it or leave it.”

Wow. He’s smooth.

He’s fun to hang out with, so why not? “Just so we’re clear, this isn’t a date, right?”

“I don’t see what’s so wrong if it is.”

I cleared my throat. Oh my.

“I don’t date co-workers.” He probably already knew about Chanyeol, anyway.

His features softened. “I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.”

I couldn’t help but smile. “How many times have you used Finding Nemo to scoop up girls?”

“You’re the first. Probably the only one I’ll ever use it to,” he his lips in embarrassment. I fought a blush.

My brain was going haywire from overstimulation—his words, his lips, the slight embarrassment, and his sheer drop-dead-gorgeousness in that blue dress shirt. I couldn’t find the words to speak.

“So, yes or no?” he recovered quickly.

“Um.” Hold on while I try to find my tongue.

“What if Andy gets another dinosaur? A mean one? I just don’t think I can handle that kind of rejection!” His face was set to a comical expression, but I saw nervousness veiled behind his eyes.

Something about his need to use Pixar references to ask me out melted me like putty. It felt more sincere for some reason. “No, Rex, Andy won’t get another dinosaur. At least, not today.”

He brightened up considerably. “Great! Should I pick you up at six thirty?”

“Yeah. Here’s my address.” I quickly scribbled it down in the post-it closest at hand.

“Great!” he repeated before walking backwards out of the office.

-

Not gonna lie, I’m a nervous wreck waiting to happen. It’s been a long time since I went on a date, and it’s scary. I run around in the house, picking up my house keys from the kitchen countertop before shoving it into my purse. I look at the mirror one last time, checking for runny mascara or misplaced hair.

Is it right, what I’m doing? I swore off dating co-workers, but here I am, doing the same exact thing I vowed not to do.

“Fish are friends, not food.”

How could I resist that?

Six-thirty on the dot, he rang the doorbell.

For a few seconds, I think we just stared at each other. Instead of his crisp dress shirt and slacks, he was dressed in a simple baseball shirt and skinny jeans. It made his shoulders look broader. It made him look like a teenager. It made him look y. I don’t even know what I’m saying right now.

“Whoa. You look…different.” He saw my face. “Good different.”

“Of course I have a secret identity. Can you see me in suit pants at the, at the supermarket? Come on! Who’d want to go shopping as Elastigirl, know what I mean?”

He laughed at my modification. “Okay, Helen. I’ll be your Bob, and tonight, let’s forget I’m Mr. Incredible.”

I slapped his arm. “You’re such a smooth talker, Sehun. Elastigirl doesn’t need a Mr. Incredible.”

“But she will,” he winked at me. “And that’s Bob for you, Helen.”

He’s such a tease. I laughed as I locked the door. I missed being treated like this. I missed this kind of companionship.

Sehun makes me forget. Sehun makes it simple. Sehun makes it fun.

--

I know I'm updating so frequently to the point of being annoying. Still, I'll continue doing double updates and such. Because the thing is, I actually have an announcement to make: I'm leaving for a hiatus very, very soon. When school starts, I won't be writing anymore. (I only started writing fanfics this summer because I wanted something stimulating to do.) I don't want to leave you guys hanging, so I'm trying to get in as many chapters as I can before I have to leave. I hate leaving unfinished work, so I sometimes wonder if I should've just left this story untold. But nah. It's been awesome with you guys so far. Haha Don't forget to comment. I haven't been hearing as much from you guys lately. That makes me sad. :( Think of it this way, just as you guys wait for updates from your favorite fanfics, I wait for your comments. Like seriously, that's exactly how it feels. I get withdrawal symptoms when I see a quiet notification bar in here. T.T