Prologue - Freedom

Please Remember (editing)

She had ten minutes. Ten minutes left.

The young girl sat still on her bed, the pale moonlight shining from her open window falling softly on her tanned face. Her dark brown eyes stared into thin air, as she continuously rolled the small container back and fro between her two hands, the small white tablets bouncing about inside.

9 minutes.

Sleeping pills they were, given by the doctor who tended to her days ago. Bora told her to go there after seeing the dark rims under her eyes, to her a clear sign of insomnia. The truth, however, was that she wasn't not able to sleep, but simply didn't want to. She had a lot on her mind, things that many people won't think about.

She thought of dying.

"8 minutes," she told herself. She choosed to do it today, at exactly 10 o'clock. She wanted it to be quiet and peaceful. None of the girls were home tonight, overloaded with their packed schedules. It was perfect.

7 minutes.

As a person who isn't going to live much longer, one would probably ring up their friends and say their goodbyes. Hyorin did none of these. She didn't want anyone to know, especially her members. Maybe she should thank Bora for the pills. It was the best way to leave this world unnoticed. They won't find her smashed on the pavement floor below their dorm, or hanging above the floor with a rope around her neck. They would find her peacefully sleeping on her bed, never to wake up again. Ever

6 minutes.

She began to empty the container, filling her palm with the medicine. They were about twenty pills left, more than sufficient. Honestly, that amount could kill an elephant. There was a cup of water beside her, filled to the brim with water and some ice cubes. If she was going to die, might as well do it well.

5 minutes.

Tilting her head backwards, she let the pills fall into , a few at a time. There was no way she could cram all that into her small mouth. Taking a sip of the chilled water, she continued until there were none left. She left the empty bottle on the floor, and climbed onto the bed, resting her head onto her pillow. Now, all she needs to do is wait.

4 minutes.

She would never expect to start crying now. Maybe the pain was too much to bear or hide. She felt the droplets slipped down her face, making its suicide punge on to the pillow. With one hand, Hyorin wiped the remainder of her face. The last thing she need is to be a sobbing mess, to appear red faced on her death bed. She didn't want that at all.

3 minutes.

The pills were starting to take effect. She felt a little drowsy, but dare not close her eyes. Maybe she shouldn't have taken them do early. She needs to make it to ten. She must.

2 minutes.

"Hyorin!" The cheerful voice chirped, as she opened the door. Hyorin gasped. No way could she be here. Her schedule isn't suppose to end yet! "I'm home..." Bora's dark orbs looked at Hyorin, who quickly shut her eyes at the presence of the older woman. "Are you asleep?" She asked, walking towards her leader. She felt something beneath her foot, something circular, but not quite. Looking down, she found the bottle, opened, emptied, and discarded on their floor.

One minute.

"H-Hyorin..." She stammered, reaching for her phone in her side pocket. "Hang on! I'm calling the ambulance!" Pulling out the device, she quickly dial the numbers with her shaky hands, as the young woman could only lay and watch. She wished she could go up there and slap that phone out of her unnie's hands, but she already lost the sensation in her limbs. Bora, she thought to herself, as her consciousness slips away from her. Please Bora.

Please don't take my freedom away.

And the world slips through her fingers.