First Move

Please Remember (editing)

"Hyung I'm going out for a while!" Sunggyu quickly slammed down the receiver just in time to see L opening the door to look at his leader. L walked in and leaned on the walk beside the door.

"W-Where?" Sunggyu stammered, trying to make himself look presentable on his bed. So much for keeping my cool.

"To Hyorin noona's house." L replied, not noticing the strange reactions from Sunggyu at all. He was still in the bliss from the phone call that he just had. L had already worn his grey coat, along with a small brown sling bag. He swung the bag to and fro in front of him, glancing at it occasionally as he talked with Sunggyu.

 

"Oh... can I come?" Sunggyu asked cautiously, sitting upright on his bed..

"You want to come along? Why?" Myungsoo asked, a little puzzled. "You don't usually follow me when I go out."

"Just feel like doing it today." He replied as casually as possible. "It's those days where you don't feel like staying at home alone. I mean, we all have those days, right?"

"I guess so..." L answered uncertainly.

"So let me tag along. I won't disturb you two." Lie...

"But won't you be really bored then?"

"I'll be going out to mainly get some fresh air. Don't worry." Another lie...

"If you say so..." L swung the bag back onto his shoulders and walked towards the door. "I'll give you five minutes," he said, walking out of the room and leaving Sunggyu alone again. Sunggyu groaned as he got up from his bed.

"Last chance Sunggyu," he mumbled to himself, rummaging through his closet for something acceptable.

"It's your last chance."

 


 

"Are you sure that you want to stay at home Hyo?" Bora asked, putting on a light purple coat. "I could always stay at home you know." She was worried about leaving Hyorin home alone, since most of those times were used to try and kill herself.

"I'm sure unnie." Hyorin assured her, picking up Bora's red leather purse on the living room table and passing it to the older woman, earning a 'thanks'. "You'll need that thing if you want to do well for your variety show. Besides, L's coming over."

"L?" Bora said, a little surprised. "Why is L coming here?"

"I invited him for company. He agreed, so don't get any wrong ideas." Hyorin replied, opening the front door and shoving Bora through the doorway. "Now quickly go before the shop closes!"

"Okay! Bye Hyo!" Bora took off, the sound of heels clicking against the tiled floor echoed along the empty corridor. In the inside, Bora couldn't be more excited. 

About time, Myungsoo, she thought, pressing the 'down' button at the lift lobby.

 

Hyorin closed the door and walked towards her room, fumbling with her messy bun along the way. Considering the distance between her's and L's dorm, it would still take a while even on car, giving her ample time to make herself a lot more presentable than a oversized white t-shirt and shorts, plus the bun, of course.

"Well, better get ready since L's coming." she spoke to herself, releasing the bun and allowing her hair to fall against her upper back and shoulders. L, the thought about him made Hyorin blushed a crimson red. She couldn't understand the feeling that swirl around her whenever she's with him. It could be love. It should be love. She never felt like that for anyone except when she's with him...

Don't think about him, Hyo, she told herself, he's history. He's never ever gonna hurt you again.

 

It took her a while to realise that her hands were shaking.

 

Hyorin brought her hands to her heart and took in deep breaths, feeling her own racing heartbeat slowed. When she finally calmed down, she lay face first on her bed, using her pillow the wipe of her new formed tears. It frightened her to even think about that good-for-nothing dude. After some time, she decided that the best thing she could do at the moment was to rest here on her little comfort zone. Getting ready could wait for now. She hummed to herself, letting her own voice enveloped her pain. "No one's going to hurt you again." she reassured herself, snuggling her face against the soft fabric of her pillow.

"No one."

 


 

"Are we there yet?" Sunggyu asked, a little extremely breathless from all the jogging that they did.

"About five more minutes, hyung." L replied, slowing down his pace. "We can walk now." Sunggyu just stopped and took in huge gulps of sweet air.

"Remind me again why I had to go through this torture." He told him, when he finally regained a normal breathing rate and started walking again.

"You agreed to the idea of getting there on foot." L answered, giving him his signature smirk under his frames.

"When you said that we're going for a ride, I didn't know you meant on foot!"

"Hey, it's a lot less suspicious than going their on our company's car, don't you think? Besides, you wanted to get some fresh air, remember."

Probably shouldn't have said that. "I wanted fresh air, not HALF AN HOUR OF EXERCISE!"

"Well, exercising does have its benefits. We're here." L commented, stopping in front of a familiar apartment. After entering the lift and pressing the right floor number, the two leaned against the walls as the elevator rose.

"L?"

"Ya?"

"How did you know where Sistar lives, from the place to even the floor number?"

"Oh. I've actually been here pretty often." Pretty often?!

"How often?"

"About once a week, since the Runningman filming." Dang it! He's in the lead! C'mon Sunggyu, no pressure.

 

"I see..." By then, it elevator had already stopped. Walking out, L took a left, and Sunggyu followed behind him. Upon reaching the door. L rang the doorbell, receiving a response a few seconds later.

"Who is it?" A husky yet feminine voice asked.

"It's Myungsoo."

"Hi L! I'll get the door open." A chime came out of the door as it unlocked itself. Hyorin opened the door, smiling widely at L, before seeing the man behind him. "Sunggyu?" She said, a little bewildered.

"Hello." Sunggyu greeted, feeling rather awkward being a third wheel.

"Why did you come?" Hyorin asked politely.

"He wanted to tag along, since it'll be boring staying at home," L replied. "Do you mind, noona?"

"Not at all. Come in, you guys must be thirsty." she widened the gap to allow the two to enter. "Water, or juice."

"Deodorant. You have no idea what L put me through." Sunggyu exclaimed, flopping onto the couch in exhaustion. L laughed, getting both of them cold water, which the older one drank gladly.

"Oppa, do you mind staying here for a while?" Hyorin asked Sunggyu. "L has something to tell me."

Sunggyu looked at Hyorin, finding her pink top and denim shorts extremely cute. "Why can't you do it here?"

"He says it's personal." Oh no.

"Sure." he lied, earning a small smile from Hyorin. After she left, Sunggyu tapped his fingers together in uneasiness. He didn't know what L would want to discuss with Hyorin, but for a man to share something personal with a girl, it could only mean one thing. Getting up, Sunggyu silently tiptoed to Hyorin room, pressing his ear against the wooden door.

 

"So, what do you have to tell me?" He heard Hyorin asked.

"If you promise me that you won't freak out then I'll tell you." Myungsoo replied.

"Freak out? Why?" 

"It's not that bad, but I need you to promise me, noona."

"Okay. I promise I won't freak out. So, what is it?" There was a long pause before L spoke again.

 

"How would you feel if I say that I love you?"

 

No way... L really did it. Now what? Sunggyu just stood by the door, resting his head against the door as the thoughts circulating his head were making him a little dizzy. Hyorin still hadn't voiced out her reply, which he still expected since she would likely be shocked.

"Too late Sunggyu. It's too late." He mumbled to himself. Something clicked in his mind. "Or maybe not..." Placing his hand on the doorknob, he took a deep breath and opened the door.

It's now or never.

He was greeted with the sight of L's and Hyorin's surprised expressions, but all he could care about at the moment was her.

Last chance Sunggyu.

"Sunggyu? What are you do-" Sunggyu rammed his lips straight into hers, cutting off her words.

You will be mine.

And mine alone.

 

================================

So sorry for the late update! I was in Japan last week and had to prepare a lot since it's freezing there. Part of this was actually written in Japan. :P I finally have a poster for this too! :D Thanks again darkangel189! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Comment and subscribe!