Ailee says...

Please Remember (editing)

Of course, like many other idols, the news of Hyorin's hospitalisation spread faster than a forest fire. Starship, the company that Sistar works for, countered the issue with just stating that Hyorin had a lack of sleep and proper nutrition. Bora didn't like it when their company makes untruthful statements like that. She knew that Hyorin didn't like to lie, besides the usual bright and joyful facade that they all have to show to the camera. She could already imagine Hyojung cringing slightly as the spotlight is turned to her for more insight on the incident during a talk show. Hyorin was busy putting on her makeup for a concert that they had to do for the day. Bora looked as the young girl finished her lip-gloss, smiling sweetly at the dressing room mirror. She could never understand how someone as sweet as Hyorin had to go through so much, from the car accident to the anxiety disorders, and even the recent suicide attempts. Maybe, if she knew what was going on, she wouldn't have been so worried. But since Hyorin hadn't decided to tell her yet, Bora decided to just think positively, the best thing she could do for her fellow sister-like member.

 

She leaned back on her chair, playing and twisting her purple highlights when her smartphone vibrated. Picking it up from the table beside her, Bora looked through the messages, finding the recent one labeled under a much-loved friend:

From: Yejin

Hey Bora!^^ Do you mind meeting me after your schedule? I've got something to discuss with you.

"Who was it?" Soyou asked, looking at her unnie.

"Ailee," She said, preparing to sent back a reply. "What time does our schedule end?"

"Um... around 11, I think. We don't have much to do today thankfully."

"Okay!" Bora went on to type the message and sent it:

To: Yejin

Sure! I'll come at around 12. Usual place?

She held onto her phone, waiting for the reply. Sure enough, it came:

From: Yejin

Okay! See you there!^^

 

Bora wondered what Ailee would want to tell her. Usually, she would tell her through messages like these. So, to want to meet with Bora physically could only mean that Ailee had something important to tell her.

"Unnie!" She heard a familiar husky voice called her. "It's time to perform!"

"Okay!" She got out of her seat and went to Hyorin, wrapping her arm around hers. The girls all walked towards the backstage, as Bora still wondered till the performance began.

 


 

Ailee blew into her hands, letting the warm air caress her slim fingers. Winter's approaching, and the temperatures are falling even more nowadays. Though she had a warm fur coat on and a scarf around her neck, she forgot to wear a pair of gloves, leaving her hands victims to the cold weather. She checked the time on her phone, seeing that it was going to be midnight soon. Bora would be coming soon, she told herself, placing her hands in her coat pockets, hoping that it'll be better than blowing.

She too wondered if she's during the right thing. Telling Hyorin didn't seem like a good idea after what had happened a few days ago. But Bora... would it help? To her, it would have be nice to have the secret burden off her shoulders, to have someone else know what she knew. But was it really the best choice? She knew she had to think quickly as it was nearing twelve.

Bora's rarely late.

 

Bora walked along the quiet streets of Seoul. For some people, being out this late at night by themselves is not very safe, much less if you were a girl; even worse if you are a girl Idol. But since Korea's generally safe nowadays, she's willing to take the chance. The late night breeze blew rapidly, causing a sharp cold to spread across her face, as if Jack Frost was placing his ice dagger on her. Bora shivered, bringing her thick, woolen scarf over her face. Night winds are awfully chilly.

She took a turn to one of Seoul's neighbourhood parks, to the quiet and lonely place where her friend was waiting. It was Ailee whom first discovered the place, a small plot of land surrounded by big trees at the far side of the park, with a small but sturdy wooden bench big enough for two people to sit on comfortably. It was near a large forest, which was a rare sight in a modern city like Seoul. Few people had noticed it, and even fewer had went to it. Ailee had made it a little hideout for the girls to hang out together. Even when there is more than two people, the ground, with its moist rich earth and dry brown leaves, acted pretty well as a seat, if someone brings a mat. The leaves of the overhead branches provide a much-liked shade from the burning sun as well. It became a place of frequent picnics and get-togethers, along with small privates talks between the five girls. Walking a little further, she finally saw her unnie, sitting on the bench by the trees.

 

Ailee saw Bora coming, her face illuminated by the moonlight. She was using her phone's torchlight to navigate her way through the grass and roots, since the light were already switched off at the park. Ailee smiled at her dongseng. "Hello."

"Hi unnie." Bora sat beside Ailee, cuddling close to her as the wind continued to blow. The two enjoyed the semi-darkness together for some time. Though the roaring of cars along the streets could still be heard, Ailee had always felt that this place was far from Seoul, far from Korea even. It was just a tiny world of their own, and she like it that way.

"Don't you have something to tell me?" Bora asked, breaking the short silence between them. Ailee cringed. She wanted to avoid that issue for a while, as she hadn't fully made up her mind yet. Bora fixed her eyes at Ailee, wondering what was taking her so long to respond. "Well? What is it?"

"Promise me you won't tell Hyorin?" Ailee asked, looking seriously at Bora. "At least not now."

Bora furrowed her brow at the strange request. Why is Hyorin included in this? "Sure. I won't tell."

Ailee wasn't sure if she could completely trust her on it. But since she's here, maybe I should just say it. Ailee took in a deep breath, hoping that what she was going to say weren't shock her too much.

"Well..."

 


 

Myungsoo strode quickly out of his house and to the nearby park, keeping his face hidden with a cold mask and glasses, along with a cap to cast a shadow over his eyes, which were the easiest thing to recognise that it's him. The sun shone on his face as the wind danced around him, leaving him both warm and cool at the same. He didn't know why she could want to meet him at 8am in the morning, though he knew that neither infinite nor sistar had a schedule in the morning. It was still really sudden though, so he quickened his speed, making sure that he won't make his noona wait for long.

He arrived at the place, a little breathless for running around to find her. She looked at him with a rather blank expression, making him feel uncomfortable. It's not normal to see her look so serious.

"Good morning, Bora noona."

"Come and sit here, L." She told him, the usual cheerful tone absent in her voice. L sat slowly and gently beside her. He found it worrying enough that she wasn't smiling. L looked into her eyes, eyes that clearly lost their sparkle, covered by her shades. It was certain that Bora must have done a lot of thinking lately, but about what? That thought made L really uneasy.

"Is something wrong, noona?"

Bora looked at Myungsoo, giving him a weak smile. They were sitting on one of the park benches. Lots of old folk were about the place during morning exercise or just having the usual gossip. Some had taken interest in the two adults, but only for a short time, as their disguises worked well, leaving the people thinking that they were just another couple with relationship issues.

"I'm fine. It just that I have something to ask you."

"Okay... Shoot." He answered, a little cautiously.

"Do you..." She said with a low voice, a cheeky smile slowly spreading across her face. "Do you like Hyorin?"

Shoot.

"N-No!" L stammered, his breathing quickened. Stop reacting, Myungsoo!

"Don't deny it, I know." Bora chuckled, her eyes twinkling again. L was relieved to see her bubbly self, but he got quite pissed as well. She was acting! All this time she was acting!

"But how did you know?" He asked, finding it quite weird that she knew.

Her smile got wider at his question.

"Ailee told me."

 

================================

Hey guys! Back with probably the most predictable plot ever. :P I hope you still like it though. My exams and school are over, so I'll be able to update regularly. But, it will still be a weekly thing, since the holiday homework left for me is undeniably crazy. Comment and subscribe! :D