Forbidden Love

Please Remember (editing)

Hyorin ran from the children. Her back hurt, but she didn't care. She just wanted to get as far away from them as possible. She ran through the bright autumn leaves as they gracefully fall beside her dirt stained white dress. Eventually, she nested under a big maple tree, hugged her knees to her chest and cried. She didn't know how long she cried, but she stopped crying after a while. Hyorin smoothed out her wet dress over her knees and brought her head to her knees. She listened to the soft chirping of the swallows, to the quiet crunch the leaves make as they embraced the ground, to the rustling of the leaves on the tree. She was listening to autumn's melody.

Hyorin felt better. Even the tiniest trace of music around her delights her. She enjoyed the sounds around her before adding one more. Hyorin sang softly, letting her voice resonated in her mind. She loved singing. People had always told her she sound too old for her age, but she didn't care. She just wanted to sing. After a couple of lines, Hyorin suddenly noticed a presence in front of her. Lifting her head, she saw a boy standing and looking a her with big, soft eyes. She guessed that he was around her age, and before she could say anything the boy spoke.

"Let-let's be friends!"

 

The members were relieved to see Hyorin eating again. They were worried that her depression might serverely affect her appetite. At least she's eating. Hyorin was quite good at hiding her emotions under a mask, but now the members could trace a little sadness in her voice, not enough for the fans to doubt, but enough for Bora, Soyou, and Dasom to pick up. Ailee also caught it, but decided that confronting Hyorin in her state head-on wasn't such a good idea.

Instead, she decided to go for second-best.

 

"Hyorin isn't feeling good lately. You should go see her." Ailee told L.

L was busy reading a book when she said that to him. They were all gathered together again for another music program.

"Why should I? I'm not even her boyfriend," he said as he picked up his cup of coffee and drank it, keeping his eyes on the book and not on Ailee.

"But, you like her, don't you?"

L almost spilled his coffee all over his performance clothes.

"I don't like her okay!!!" L screamed, before sharply looking around, suddenly remembering that he was at a public place. Lucky for him, the dressing room was empty, and near the end of the corridor.

"Lol! Chill dude. I was just asking you." Ailee said between a smile. She took a seat beside L, cross her arms and legs, leaned forward and looked at him with an intensed and interested stare which L didn't feel quite comfortable about. She let the slience lie for about thirty seconds before letting out another bomb.

"Why not?"

This time, Myungsoo choked on the coffee. He placed the cup down, deciding that it was a much safer choice, and looked up at Ailee.

"Because... I kinda like someone else."

"Oh my gosh! Who?"

"Some girl I met in the past... why am I telling you this?!" L got up and shouted at her, "Go away noona!"

"Woah. Okay, I'll go." Ailee got up and walked towards the door. She soon stopped at the doorway.

"You know, if you don't like her, I'm still available!" Ailee said, grinning.

"Oh please! Just leave!"

"Arasso, bye!"

"Bye."

Ailee left, still grinning as she left behind a very frustrated idol to continue reading his book.

 


 

"Do you think Hyorin would like this?" Bora asked, as she lifted up a cute red shirt for Soyou to see.

 

The members were already done with their promotions for the day, and were spending their remaining time on shopping and food.

Except Hyorin, who wanted to go home and rest, and Dasom, who wanted to stay with Hyorin in case anything happen.

 

"I think she would. Let's add this as well," Soyou commented, picking up a white cap and passing it to Bora. Find the combination good, Bora decided to also add a black cap along with it.

"Remember, Soyou, we still have to buy dinner for the girls."

"Before that, I want to ask you something, unnie." Soyou said, as they walk towards the supermarket. Soyou was planing on making -watering kimchi omu-rice, and for that, she would need ingredients.

"Yes?" Bora replied with a smile.

"Do you... do you think Hyorin unnie will ever get better?"

Bora's smile dropped. "... I don't know."

Soyou felt sorry as she saw Bora's downcast face. They walked into the supermarket, and as Soyou picked the ingredients, and Bora pushed the cart, Bora slowly recollected her memories.

 

Bora felt refreshed as she got out of the toilet, and walked towards the bedroom as she dried her hair with her towel. They were done with their 'Loving U' promotions and were given a week off. As the members had all the time to themselves, they went to beaches, theme parks, shopping malls and spas. They all managed while skillfully disguising themselves, though there was the occasional fan that managed to recognise, whom they silenced by autographs and pictures.

Bora checked the time. It was already past midnight. Knowing Soyou and Dasom, Bora guessed that they were already in dreamland, so she wondered what Hyorin was doing now in their room. As she approached the room, she could see light shining out from the bottom of the door. Bora opened the door to find Hyorin laying on her bed and listening to music. Bora noticed that Hyorin looked more downcast than usual.

"Can't sleep?" Bora asked, as she hanged her towel to dry.

Hyorin looked up and took off her headphones. "Not tired," she replied.

"Why? Having a lot on your mind?"

"More or less." Bora climbed onto the bed and cuddled herself beside Hyorin. She could sense that something was wrong.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" Hyorin asked.

"I want to sleep with you tonight!" Bora replied cutely and looked at Hyorin with her large, innocent eyes.

"Oh please! Go back to your bed." Hyorin said as she attempted to push Bora off the bed.

"Okay! But you must sing to me a lullaby, pleaseee?"

"Fine." Bora got off Hyorin's bed, switched off the lights, and climbed onto her bed. She closed her eyes and listened to Hyorin's sweet lullaby.

It was beautiful, but for the first time, Bora thought it sounded so sad.

 

"Bora unnie, you okay there?" Soyou asked, pulling Bora out of her subconsciousness. 

"Ya. Got the ingredients?"

"Yupp." Soyou pointed to the cart, and Bora realised that it was full.

"Woah! How much are you going to cook?!"

"This is for tomorrow also, unnie. Can we go now?"

"Sure!" Bora cheerfully replied, grabbing Soyou's hand. As they walked off, Bora could stop thinking of Hyorin, of that sorrow in her voice.

Something's definitely going on.

 


 

"Hey guys! Sistar's on!"

The members quickly squeezed themselves into the three-seater couch. "Hey, hey! Give me some space! I didn't call you guys to get squashed!" Dongwoo shouted. Some of the members went onto the floor and sat down.

"We should get a bigger couch." Hoya commented, as he took a pillow beside him and sat on it.

"Yeah, like we can easily find a seven-seater couch in Korea." Woohyun said, still trying to find a comfortable spot on the couch.

"I think a bigger couch is enough. Anyways, focus on the program." Dongwoo went back to watching. Together, they watched the girls perform.

"They sure are doing well." Sungyeol commented. "I can still remember how we have spent our debut days together. Always fighting on the kcharts."

"By the way, where is L and Sunggyu hyung?" Hoya asked.

"L hyung went to sleep. Sunggyu hyung is in his bedroom," the maknae, Sungjong, replied.

 

Sunggyu lay down on his bed, resting his head against his arms. He could heard the members chatter and the music coming from the television.

They must be watching Sistar again.

Sungkyu closed his eyes. Sistar had always made his heart race. Especially her...

 

Sunggyu watched the girl sing. He was walking to class when he heard a voice as sweet as a nightingale. He followed the voice to the school garden. It was during recess time so he had time to spare. As he approached the garden, he could make out the appearance of a girl in front of him. He hid behind the bushes and looked at her. He thought she was beautiful, but familiar. Her tan skin, her long honey-brown hair, her fringe which hang over her forehead, and that husky voice...

Hyojung, Sunggyu. It's Hyojung.

Sunggyu couldn't believe how beautiful she had become, and how wonderful she sounded. He also couldn't expect to see Hyojung in his middle school. As he listened to her crystal clear voice, he knew that he was begining to like her. He wanted so badly to be friends with her again. But he knew he couldn't, after what he had done to her. So he just continued to look at her from afar.

 

You still feel guilty now, don't you, Sunggyu.

Sunggyu could still remember. That dirt-stained dress, that tear-stained face, those sorrow-filled eyes...

 

After all, you pushed her.

 

=============================================================

Ahh!!!!! So much for loving her. This, my friends, is where it gets complicated. I hope you have enjoyed the fanfic so far. Keep supporting it! Thanks and love ya guys! <3