Another Promise

Please Remember (editing)

"Well... someone has a crush on Hyorin." Ailee mumbled, looking at the ground. She didn't know how Bora would react so it was better not to look at all.

Bora's eyes lit up and grew big. "Are you serious?" She asked, feeling her breath quicken.

"Yes..."

"Oh My Gosh! This is so cool!" Bora exclaimed in excitement, making Ailee relieved that she didn't reacted badly. "Hyojung doesn't get crushes by other idol stars often, which is really upsetting if you think about it. Wait..." Bora paused. "He is an idol, right?"

"Yes..."

"Ah!!! Idol star love! It's so romantic!" Bora squealed at the thought. Ailee chuckled a little, finding her sunbae's overreaction extremely cute. "But who is it then?" Bora asked.

"Do you know who infinite is?"

"Duh! Who wouldn't know? Wait... He's one of them?"

"He's Myungsoo." Ailee answered, finally feeling the burden of a secret left her shoulders. She let the silence from the two of them hang for a short while, so that Bora could process what she just said.

 

"Myungsoo..." Bora felt the word rolled around in . She broke off into a big smile. "That was pretty expectable from him."

"Why?"

"Didn't you see how L always reacted when he's talking to Hyorin? He looks so awkward around her. Not to mention how red his face becomes."

"Well, he has never been good at hiding his emotions." Ailee admitted. L once failed to give Ailee a surprise birthday present because he kept avoiding eye contact with her during her birthday. "But he's still going to kill me for telling you this."

"Don't worry," Bora said, snuggling even closer to Ailee. "I won't let him. Besides, I'm glad that you had told me. It makes me feel better to know that someone else does care about Hyorin."

"But you still can't tell her this, okay? don't think that she is ready yet."

"Sure!" They kept close to each other for a little longer before going home.

 

 

"So that's what happened." L said, after listening to the whole story from Bora. He did get a little angry with Ailee for leaking his secret.

"Don't be mad at her," Bora told him, reading his thoughts. "It's hard to keep a secret as big as that one. Besides, it's even more burdensome with what Hyorin's going through now."

"Did something happen to her?" He asked worryingly. "I've only heard that she was hospitalised."

"That's true in some sense... Myungsoo?"

"Yes noona?"

"Let's make a deal." She looked at L with genuine seriousness. "I won't tell Hyorin about your crush with her, but you must promise me something."

"Okay..."

"Promise me that even if she doesn't like you, you will still care and protect her." Bora looked towards the ground sadly. "She's going through a lot more than you think she is."

L grew quite worried at that proposal. The last time he made a promise like that ended up with the girl getting into a car accident. But in actual fact, he really does care about Hyorin. Even during the time when he left in frustration after Ailee had told him about Hyorin, he thought about her throughout the day, and only felt better when he saw her during a music show, laughing away with her other members.

"I promise." He replied, smiling as he thought about Hyorin.

 


 

"Had any of you guys seen Bora?" Hyorin asked, taking a seat by the dining table. She was quite worried when she woke up to find Bora not at her bed. Then again, she was always the last one to wake up, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

"Nope, but I think she went out." Soyou answered, flipping the pancake. "Her bag was gone from the couch." She placed the golden brown pancake on the plate on the middle of the table, only to get it devoured by Dasom in a matter of seconds. "Seriously, somie. We're going to run out of batter if you just keep eating the pancakes like that."

"But your pancakes taste so good!" Dasom exclaimed, covered with maple syrup. Hyorin laughed. Nobody can ever stop Dasom when it comes to food, especially sweets.

"Still, neither Bora unnie or Hyorin unnie have eaten these yet." Soyou took the plate out of Dasom's reach despite the maknae's whines. "No more pancakes for you!"

"Unnie!" Dasom continued to whine, giving her best puppy face.

"Just give Dasom my share." Hyorin told Soyou, giving in to Dasom's whining. "I'll have some cereal instead."

"Are you sure, unnie?" Soyou asked, making another batch. "I can give her some of my share too, you know."

"It's fine. I'll go wash up first then." Hyorin said, getting up from her seat. As she left, Soyou gave the evil eye to Dasom, who just shrugged and continued stuffing with the pancakes she managed to get back from Soyou happily.

 

Hyorin walked out of the bathroom, combing her long brown hair. She was already wearing her performance clothes, the usual extremely short dresses that most girl groups would wear. She really didn't like being in that kind of attire, feeling that pants are a lot more comfortable and less revealing. Placing the comb down onto the living room table, she looked at the wall clock above their television. It's almost 11.30. Our manager's coming at noon. I wonder where Bora is. Hyorin flopped onto the couch, and got up instantly when she felt something under her bum. Looking at the couch, she realised that she accidentally sat on Bora's handphone. "Opps." She mouthed, picking up her unnie's phone. Thankfully, she didn't do any damage to it. Hyorin unlocked Bora's phone, half-surprised that she knew her password. Maybe it's because she had always unlock her phone in front of me, she thought. The screen showed the conversation between Myungsoo and Bora. Curious, she read through the messages.

To Myungsoo(L):

Hey. Can we meet up? I need to ask you about something.

From Myungsoo(L):

Sure noona!^^ When?

To Myungsoo(L):

Today, at around 10.

From Myungsoo(L):

10? Today? That's pretty sudden, not to mention early too. But if you want to, we can still meet up.

To Myungsoo(L):

Okay then. Meet me at the park near your dorm. Don't keep me waiting!

From Myungsoo(L):

Okay!

 

"So that's where she went." Hyorin told herself. She did not know why her unnie and L would meet up this early either, but decided to leave them to their own privacy. She was about to lock the screen when a new message showed, from a friend who she was very close to:

From Yejin:

Hihi!^^ Are you awake yet? Sorry for keeping you up last night regarding rinrin. Remember not to tell her!

Rinrin? Ailee would only use that nickname when she's talking about me. Why did she meet Bora last night to talk about me. And what must unnie not tell me? Hyorin grew very suspicious. It's definitely still a long way from her birthday. She was going to look at their conversation when she heard the door unlock. Fearing whom it might be, Hyorin locked the screen, just in time to find Bora entering their living room.

"Hi Hyo!" Bora beamed, walking towards the tan girl. She brightened when she saw her phone in Hyorin's hands. "I was looking for that! Looks like I did leave it at home."

"Where did you go, unnie?" Hyorin asked, wondering if she'll tell the truth.

"I went to see L. I had to ask him something." Bora unlocked her phone and saw the message. "I'm going to change." She told Hyorin after looking at the message. "Manager oppa is coming at twelve right?"

"Yupp." Bora smiled and walked away, texting back a reply. Hyorin was once again left alone in the room. Sitting back onto the couch, she smoothed out the dress, pondering at what she saw. She wasn't sure if she really saw that, but she thought that Bora actually stiffened after reading the message. And the answer she gave her, it felt like an excuse to get away... from her.

Bora can't lie, after all.

What are you hiding from me?

 

================================

Hello! Just another weekly chapter. Comment and subscribe! ^^