Envy

Please Remember (editing)

It was a rather unexpected sight for L as he left Ailee's dressing room, finding his leader crouching by the wall in front of him in a fetal position. Concerned, he walked swiftly and squatted by Sunggyu, placing his hands and his hard shoulders. "Hyung, you okay?" He asked worryingly.

"I'm fine!" Sunggyu growled, pushing L off him. L landed first on the tiled floor, stunned at his hyung's reaction. He watched at his leader got up slowly, panting heavily as he walked away form him. "Hurry up, we're going to be late for another performance."

"O-Okay!" He stuttered, getting up quickly and following his leader. He found it bizarre to see his hyung so agitated and cold towards him. And he could have sworn he saw tears in his eyes when he looked at him. By the time they returned to their group's dressing room, Sunggyu seemed more composed, though still giving him the cold shoulder. The members could only stare at the two and wondered what was going on.

"Ya L." Dongwoo called him, grabbing L's wrist and pulling him closer till their sides touched. "Did something happen just now?"

"To be frank, I have absolutely no idea what had happened to him." L sighed. The two looked at the leader, who was walking far ahead of the group with his hands in the pockets of his blue jeans. Sunggyu's face was more than gloomy, and the clothes that he was wearing made him look even more depressing. "He was crouching on the floor when I came out of Yejin's room."

"This is so weird. Hyung's never been this upset before. Think of anything that might have tick him off?"

"Maybe he's having a really bad headache." Myungsoo replied after careful consideration. "I mean everyone gets a little under the weather when they're having a headache right?"

"I hope you're right L." Dongwoo said, checking his attire once more before they have to go on stage.

"Because he looks a lot worse whenever he's with you."

 

Poor, young, innocent L. How would he had known of his leader's thoughts being all about him throughout the day. Sunggyu hated the confession with a passion. It's not like he truly hates L for the matter, but even just by seeing the young man made him remember about the incident, making his blood boil unintentionally.

And that's never a good thing.

Sunggyu wondered if there was any way for him to totally remove all of what he had heard from his head, to leave him once again naive and head over heels in love with Hyorin, and not some guy that's green with envy. Picking up his pace, he walked ahead of his fellow group members, hoping that a little more room around him would give him space to breathe and calm down, maybe even lose his memory if he was that fortunate. But of course, that memory remained deeply imprinted in his head.

"Hyung, you okay?" Sunggyu turned to see the maknae walking by his side.

"Wow. Didn't see you there."

"What can I say," Sungjong said cheekily. "I'm a ninja." Sunggyu let out a small laugh. As much as the maknae loved to doll himself like a girl, he's still a really fun dude to hang out with. "But seriously, is something bothering you?"

"It nothing, really." He lied, tapping his fingers against the fabric of his jeans.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Maybe it's the change in season. I mean winter is famous for being a sad season right?"

"But that's only because people tend to break up... wait," Sungjong turned to Sunggyu with a curious expression. "Are you having girl trouble?"

"What?! N-No! How can I have girl trouble when our manager forbids us to date?"

Sungjong clicked his tongue in distrust. "C'mon hyung! There are so many idols who are dating behind their managers' backs these days. So who the lucky girl?"

"I really don't have a girlfriend! By the way," Sunggyu said, looking closely at Sungjong's hair. "Aren't your bangs out of place?"

"Really?!" Sungjong cried, quickly moving to his stylist to check his hair. Sunggyu giggled, glad that he managed to divert the maknae's attention. As he checked his outfit once more before getting on stage to perform, he put on his best poker face, hoping that no one would notice the mixed up feelings within him.

Especially Myungsoo.

 


 

"Are you sure she's hiding something from you?"

"I'm positive Myungsoo!" Hyorin grumbled from the other end of the line, causing L to chuckle. "She and Ailee are hiding something from me."

"How can you be so sure?" L asked, twirling the cord between his fingers. He was speaking through one of the phones placed around Infinite's dorm, the one that was situated inside his and Woohyun's room. "I mean, maybe their just having a bad day." L remembered to be careful when touching this special topic, especially since it's about him in the first place.

"I saw Bora's phone." She replied. "There was Yejin's message telling her not to tell me something. Eh! I'm so curious to know what it is, it's driving me nuts!"

L could imagine Hyorin pouting cutely at the other end and laughed again, though he was a little angry that Bora and Ailee led their guard down. "Chill noona. I'm sure it's nothing."

"I hope so, then I'll be able to relax again."

"By the way, noona. Why are you telling me this?" L asked curiously. "I mean, don't girls usually tell this to other girl friends or write it in their diary or something along that line?"

L could hear the hearty laughter coming from his crush. "That's so stereotyping! I feel comfortable sharing this with you." L turned red with this comment. Luckily his was the only one in the room since the infinite members were outside buying random things for themselves, except Sunggyu, who decide to remain at home as well. "Besides, I think that you are able to help me with this issue."

"Me? How?"

"You are close to Ailee, right? Can't you just ask her to tell you then tell me what it is?"

"I don't think I can do that." L lied. After all, it came from him.

"Aw please?" Hyorin pleaded, trying to make her husky voice sound cute, though it wasn't very effective.

"All right. I'll try. But I can't guarantee anything, okay?"

"Thanks Myungie!" Hyorin chirped, bringing a smile on Myungsoo's face. Oh rinrin. "Didn't you have something to discuss as well."

"Yeah. It's regarding Sunggyu."

"Oppa? What's wrong with him?" Concern could clearly be heard in the young woman's voice.

"He's been a little down lately. He isn't as cheerful as before and won't talk much to us either."

"Sounds like he's on the same boat as I am in." Hyorin commented. "You should find out what's bothering him so much."

"You don't think we have tried?" Over the past few days, the members had been trying to get their leader to talk to them, from pleading to bribing and even to downright asking. Of course, they were all futile attempts.

"Well, maybe you should just let him be. He'll feel better with time."

"I hope so." The two stay quiet for a while, letting the silent hang over them.

"L?"

"Yeah noona?"

"Want to come over to my dorm today?"

"Today? Why so sudden?"

"Just feel like it."

"Won't the girls mind?"

"Nope. Both Dasom and Soyou have schedules to follow, and Bora unnie is going out to get something that she needs."

"So you'll be alone?"

"Yupp. That's why I would really like your company now."

"Man, you girls really like to set up sudden meetups, don't you?"

"Why say that?"

"Well, Bora once meet up with me suddenly as well."

"Oh..." What L didn't know was that Hyorin did know about that meeting, but decided to just keep it to herself. She didn't feel that it would make much of a difference anyway. "So, you are coming?"

"Yupp! Let me tell my members first so that they won't get worried."

"Okay, see you here later!" L waited for the telephone to start beeping before putting the receiver. Smiling like a big idiot to himself, he put on his best coat for the chilly weather.

He decided that if there were a better time to confess, it would have to be now.

 

What neither Hyorin or Myungsoo knew was that someone had been listening to their entire conversation through another phone situated in his room, whose heart melt for the husky voice he heard, and whose blood boiled for the familiar men's voice. His heart did soften a little hearing the member care so much about him, but it soon harden again knowing that L was going to visit Hyorin at her dorm.

He wondered why Hyorin didn't choose to talk to him instead. Maybe it was because that their friendship wasn't of an intimate level to be sharing such personal topics to each other. He usually stayed away from Hyorin in the beginning in case she might recognise him and push him out of her life, no pun intended. But when he realised that Hyorin didn't know, he thought of it as a second chance, a way for him to make up to his mistake and finally get the chance to be with the girl he admired for such a long time. But fate always had a way to prevent past hurts from hurting the people again, adding a new person between them and letting their love grow for each other instead of him.

One might think that it's really sad for him, but Sunggyu knew that this was bound to happen. He couldn't bear the thought of him hurting Hyojung in the past and he couldn't imagine him doing it again, so giving up Hyorin might be the best thing to do after all. But his heart ached for her whenever he saw her. His mind thought of her smile and his ears enjoyed hearing her husky voice and hearty laugh.

He loved her, and wanted her to be his, period.

So when he knew that L was going to Hyorin house, he made up his mind as well, that he would do everything in his power to prevent the two from being together, even though he knew that he might not only break L's heart but Hyorin's as well. It was a selfish love but what could he say.

It wasn't just plain jealousy.

It was pure, greedy envy.

 

===========================

Hey guys! Sorry this took so long again. X( Had my hair rebonded thanks to my mum and that took away most of my time and energy for the afternoon. I wrote most of this tonight, and I'm surprised that it managed to flow pretty well when I would usually have a writer's block in the middle of writting. Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

By the way, is anyone willing to make a poster for this? I'm not good with posters so I don't make my own, and I realised that many people get their posters from graphic shops but I don't really know how it works, if anyone is willing to help me, please leave a message on my wall. I would really appreciate the help. Or recommend a good graphic shop for me to go to. That would be helpful too.

Subscribe and comment! :D