Under the Maple Tree

Please Remember (editing)

Bora got home to find the floor of their bedroom covered in glass shards and blood.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Hyorin sat by the corner of the room, her knees kept close to her chest, her head resting on her knees, and her bloodstained hands cupping over her head. Blood was still seeping through the cuts on her arms and legs. Tears ran down her face as she constantly repeated those words to herself:

"This can't be happening... this can't be happening..."

 

Bora ran towards Hyorin's side, carefully avoiding the remnants of the soju bottles that were flung in despair. She knew that Hyorin was struggling to bring herself back to reality, and wrapped her arms around Hyorin. She could feel Hyorin trembling as she accepted Bora's embrace and cried in her arms.

"It's okay, Hyojung. It's okay..."

 

Bora wanted know what had happened, but seeing Hyorin in such a sorry state made her focus on the important thing to do first. Bora let go of Hyorin after seeing that she had calm down, and got out the first aid kit. She also made a mental note to also call Soyou and Dasom, both whom were still caught in the middle of filming a variety show together. As she sat down and clean Hyorin's wounds, she wondered whether she should take Hyorin to the hospital, and was just about to leave when Hyorin grabbed her arm.

"Don't leave me." Hyorin pleaded. "Please don't leave me..."

"I won't." Bora assured her, as she got down and brought Hyorin closer to her, carefully avoiding the cuts that were all over Hyorin.

"I will never leave you."

 

 

Ailee sighed as she looked at Hyorin and Bora. The tension from 3 days ago was still there. "Seriously! You guys should make up now!"

 

Soyou called Ailee over to their dorm, in hopes that she would be able to fix the problem. Ailee sat on one of the chairs in Hyorin's and Bora's bedroom, while the two girls sat on Hyorin's bed. Soyou and Dasom were told to wait in the living room.

 

Seeing that both Hyorin and Bora still refused to look at each other, Ailee told them, "Okay, tell you what. Bora, why not tell me what happened first, before I try to settle this."

Bora shrugged. "I don't think either of us are okay about doing that," she said, finally taking a quick glance at Hyorin.

"Okay then. You don't have to tell. But can you please try to make up? I can't bear to see you two like this." Ailee asked her sunbae-deul, pouting.

Bora, feeling that she was the one to blame for starting this tension, decided to go first. "Mianhae, Hyorin."

"..."

"Hyorin sunbae..."

"Okay! Mianhae, Bora unnie."

 

Ailee could finally smile as she saw the two girls making up. She got hold of the two girls' hands and led them out of the bedroom. Seeing that the situation has cooled down, Soyou was also relieved. Soyou made lunch for everyone, so the girls sat down and ate their food.

Throughout the meal, Bora kept thinking about Hyorin. She was worried ever since the soju bottle incident, and every other just brought her more worry. The most recent one with the pills terrified her, and she knew that Hyorin might do something worse.

 

I should have asked her. Bora thought to herself. I should have asked her during the soju bottle incident.

It's too late now.  

 


 

"Infinite! You're on next!"

 

"Come on guys! Hurry up!" Sunggyu shouted. He looked at the five members who were getting ready... Wait, Five?!

"Where's L?" Sunggyu asked.

"I think he's with Yejin noona again." Sungjong replied, as he fixed his hair.

 

Oh. He's with Ailee again. Sunggyu thought. He knew that L really like Ailee, in a noona-dongseng kind of way. Ailee had always had that motherly air around her. Sunggyu sighed as he got out of infinite's dressing room and ran towards Ailee's. Sure enough, L was there having a conversation with Ailee.

"Ya! Our number is next! We need to go, now!" Sunggyu shouted.

L looked at Sunggyu with that very 'mong' expression as he registered Sunggyu words, before realising the situation. "Oh shoot!" he exclaimed, jumping out of his seat. "I've got to go now. Bye noona!"

"Bye!" Ailee said, laughing. Sunggyu grabbed the boy and ran towards the door leading to the backstage, barely reaching just in time for their performance.

 

 

"Seriously! You should have checked the time! We could have been late!" The leader said, as he scolded the young boy standing in front of him, as the five other members looked at them in amusement.

"Sorry?" L replied sheepishly.

Sunggyu gave a sharp knock on L's head, before siting down on his chair in frustration. L still kept that sheepish grin of his as he rubbed the part of his head that got hit.

 

"Chill, hyung. At least you made it in time." Dongwoo cooed, patting Sunggyu's back.

"Is sleep getting into you?" Hoya asked, as he looked out of the window towards the moonlighted night.

"Nah! He's just angry." Sungyeol replied amusedly. 

 

"Um..." L mumbled. The members all looked at him. "If you'll excuse me..." he said, carefully making his way towards the door.

"... I'll be at Ailee's."

L bolted out of the door, ignoring the members who were desperately holding Sunggyu down to prevent him from lashing out at L.

 

"MYUNGSOO!!!!!"

 


 

Hyorin circled around the maple tree, tenderly feeling its bark. Ailee may have cleared the wall between her and Bora, but she still felt uneasy being near her. As it was a rest day, she decided to go back and pay that maple tree a visit.

The afternoon sun hanged high above the branches. The mid-autumn leaves swayed loosely to the wind. A few fell gracefully by her side. She smiled. It was just the way she that had remembered it, during the time when she had met him.

 

I wonder where he is now. She thought. He had always been her source of comfort whenever she felt down. She wished she could remember his name or his face. Memories would only show a fuzzy vision, enough to guess his age now, but not enough to give a more direct pinpoint to who he was.

 

Maybe. Maybe if that accident didn't happen, I could still remember who he is. Hyorin couldn't remember anything about him since the accident. She could only remember as far as seeing him leave with the note still in her hand, and that was years after. The last memory before was finding herself in a hospital bed with her head bandaged. The doctor told her that her brain most likely removed the memories that hurt the most, everything about him. Since then, small bits and pieces slowly came back to her, especially when she was beside the maple tree. The meeting under the maple tree was her first memory, and she hold onto that memory dearly.

 

Hyorin gave the tree a last pat before picking up her bag she left on the ground so that she could leave. Before she could take a step, she heard a rustling sound coming from behind her. Turning around, she saw a young man appearing from the bushes. It took a while for both of them to process the face in front of them. More than puzzled, Hyorin spoke.

 

"L?!"

 

===============================

Hope you guys enjoy this update. Sorry about the update sign you guys might had seen earlier this week. I was in the midst of writing the draft when I forgot to press the 'hide chapter' button, causing my unfinished draft to get posted the moment I saved it. I had also make a few spelling corrections which might had triggered that as well. Sorry again! X3 I hope this chapter might compensate. Thanks and love ya guys! <3