~ Wave 07. ~ Late Night

Monsters: The Vortex

Hana couldn't stand the thought of being around Chansung again and she requested that her uncle not pair her with him again. Her uncle obliged, seeing as how he didn't want her fraternizing with the male lifeguards to begin with and the next day she was partnered up with Asia.

"Where do you need me today?" Hana asked Asia as they walked side by side, she followed her lead as Asia had checked the board for their location whereas Hana didn't.

"Ri Ah and Myungsoo are covering the other side so we get Whale Cave." Asia answered directly, their feet sank into the soft sand but as they moved further along, their muscles burning from the workout, Hana saw the opportunity in silence.

"So you see Junho yesterday?" Hana asked teasingly, nudging the girl’s arm over and over again. They walked to their booth and Asia moved away from Hana to stop her, but Hana continued on relentlessly.

“No I didn’t, okay? He had a meeting with the boss all day, so he didn’t even come to dinner.” Asia whined, stomping her foot down repeatedly. “Hana unni, will you ask your uncle what happened? Is Junho in trouble? Did he get fired?” She looked at Hana with big, pleading eyes.

Hana grinned, “Nah. My uncle wouldn’t tell me anything, but I’m sure Junho isn’t fired. They probably had to talk about something, maybe my uncle wants Junho to take over when he retires.” Hana said, shrugging her shoulders. They finally reached their booth and sat inside.

Asia pouted, kicking her feet up and looking out at the water. Hana looked over at her every so often and smiled, she was so immature about her feelings. Hana knew that Asia was jealous of the times Hana got paired with Junho, but it wasn’t her fault, her uncle did the pairings.

She looked out at the water and noticed that she was in the same section she was yesterday. The same people were there again, but there was something off. She looked over at the group she saw yesterday after Asia introduced them.

"Hey, what happened to your moral support?" Hana asked her pointedly, she gestured at the group of friends building sand castles.

Asia threw her a look, "My what?" She said angrily, as Hana was distracting her from watching the ocean. She found it very rude that Hana was being negligent on the job right now, and she had no problems letting her know.

"Your best friend, Asia. Ami? You introduced me to her yesterday, how come she's not with your other friends like Naomi and the guys?" Hana asked her explicitly this time. She turned back to the ocean and saw that no one was really swimming at the moment and they all stayed on the sand.

"I have no idea who you're talking about. And I already know that you know about Junho, do you want him to think I'm crazy or something, and I don't have a best friend named Ami." Asia sassed as she moved away from Hana and stared straight ahead.

Hana sighed, there was nothing she could do about it if Asia honestly didn't remember, this must be what Chansung felt like every time no one noticed. She just shook her head and went back to watching the ocean. She glanced over every now and then at Naomi's group to see what they were doing but nothing happened. They stayed on shore for now, still trying to make prettier sand castles than each other.

She could feel her brain wanting to shut off, she had to stop thinking about everything while lying in bed at night. It caused her to lose sleep and she needed all the focus she could get with this job. She had to ready at any second for any emergency, and lack of sleep would wreak havoc on her senses.

She watched as Naomi's group moved towards the water and Hana stood up following after them, leaving Asia to mope alone. "Naomi!" Hana called to her and Naomi immediately turned around.

Naomi smiled at Hana and gave her a small bow, "Hana unni, how are you?" She asked her. "Been a while." She joked.

"Yes it has." Hana said, playing along. "But work is work. What are you going to do?" She asked her, Naomi's friends had entered the water except for her but they waited politely.

"We are going to swim to Whale Cave to see the crystals." Naomi said excitedly, "Takuya said that when the sun sets, it looks really beautiful so we are all going together." She clapped her hands together before adding a jump to her step.

"Be careful, okay?" Hana said, "I don't know how strong of a swimmer you are, but always stay with the group." She said, with authority. Naomi just nodded at her, giving her two thumbs up.

"I will, I'll be with the boys, nothing will happen." Naomi assured her, waving goodbye and running off to the boys who splashed her as she entered the water.

Hana sighed, watching them swim out to the cave. She watched as they became four tiny specks and they disappeared because they climbed into the cave. She went back into the hut and Asia had moved her chair back closer to hers. She smiled, "Got bored of moping?" She asked her.

"I wasn't moping." Asia said indignantly, "It just doesn't make any sense why you get paired with Junho if your uncle already sent out the warning about you. I wanna get paired up with Junho." She whined again.

"No, you don't. He's very focused at his job. You won't be able to seduce him while he's at work. You should to convince him to hang out after shift's over." Hana suggested, still watching the beach.

There was a new couple sunbathing, as they reapplied lotion on each other. She shook her head at them before looking away, she really needed to make sure Naomi made it back okay. Maybe then her mind would be at ease and that maybe Ami just didn't feel like going to the beach today. As long as that would be the case, she would have no worries. 

She was also curious as to why Chansung gave up on his late night swims, when he was so anxious for to keep it a secret. It didn't make any sense since he was trynf for to get info, of course, but on what?

Maybe she needed to swim to Whale Cave herself and see what the fuss was about. It had been years since she walked into Whale Cave, and she was worried it wouldn't look the same as the first time.

But she needed her answers.

Several hours and lunch passed as Hana and Asia stayed on Whale Cave's side, no one really wanted the other hut once Ri Ah and Myungsoo were paired up in it. She continued to suggest to Asia that Junho would hang out after work shift if she just asked. But the girl was too chicken to even try.

"You know I'm right, I've been paired up with him twice and he had no time for that fussy drama when Myungsoo was mad at me when he got in trouble." Hana explained, grinning ear to ear. It wouldn't take long for Asia to cave, they always did. Her logic was flawless when she knew her subject well.

"Maybe next week or something, not this week." Asia said, sighing. She waved her hand in front of her to get Hana to stop bugging her and they reached their little hut.

Hana noticed that the group of friends Naomi was with were just getting back to shore and she approached them, "Hey, where's Naomi?" She asked, looking around but she only saw the boys and some girls from earlier.

They all turned to each other confused before turning back to Hana, "Naomi? Who's Naomi?" They all chimed, before heading to the showers. Hana stared at them as they walked away, another one already, how could Naomi just vanish like that?

She just saw her this morning, swimming to Whale Cave. What happened between morning and just now? And why wasn't she back? She groaned as she realized her answer was right in front of her. She would have to swim to Whale Cave tonight, and maybe then she would see what Chansung was doing.

The disappearances had something to do with Whale Cave and that had to be where Chansung was going in his late night adventures, she just knew it. Something was up with Whale Cave and she had to find out what.

~

She waited for curfew to pass and laid in bed, silently listening to all the quiet snores around her. She was glad that she picked the bottom bunk when she could, pulling off the covers, she tiptoed out of there. The cabin door luckily didn't squeak and she managed to escape without a stir. She kept her swimsuit on and ran out into the water by Whale Cave. It was dangerous to be doing this, especially at night when she couldn't see beneath the surface but she had to find out what was going on. She needed to find some answers.

Why was it that only some people noticed the disappearances? Why was it that people disappeared around Whale Cave? Why was it only girls? What was special about Whale Cave? All of these questions raced through her mind as more and more connections led to more questions.

She couldn't help but swim faster to reach Whale Cave before anything happened. After all, her giant friend wasn't there to protect her, she couldn't even see if he was there to begin with.

She made it to the rocks that surrounded it and watched as the waves clashed over it. She could feel an ominous aura surrounded it at that very moment. Then she wondered if it felt like this during the day time, she swam towards the cave and used her strength to pull herself up onto the rocks.

She rested for a bit, catching her breath before noticing a silhouette had been standing there watching her. She jumped on her feet and stared, his back was to her for now, but he was staring up at the multi-colored crystals on the walls.

He turned to face her and she could tell that there was something off about him. Her fight or flight response wasn't kicking in though, so there was something else. He didn't seem harmful, but then again, isn't that how it alway goes?

She sighed to herself and he stayed in place just staring at her. She could feel her instinct to run at that moment, so he was dangerous. But she couldn't just leave, she also had the intuition that he knew all the answers to her questions.

She just needed to ask. 


Author's Note;;
OMG. It's cominggg~
Khun x Hana interaction lol. XD
FINALLY :D okay enjoy :3