~ Wave 10. ~ The Story

Monsters: The Vortex

Hana looked at the book before her, it felt ancient, like it had witnessed many lifetimes of changing hands and being on the shelf. The leather was still taut from being unopened. The spine had no creases in it as no one had ever read it.

She opened it to the first page, which listed out a table of contents in beautiful cursive letters. She noticed that many of the stories had princesses in them, but not all did. All of them sounded similar though.

She flipped the pages and saw that there was always a girl who fell in love with a monster, she overcame the physical aspect and the monster had actually been a human underneath. She turned to the one that sounded like what that mysterious man had told her at Whale Cave.

Once upon a time there was a young woman, she had beauty and brains far beyond anyone’s imagination. Whenever a question popped up in her head, she couldn’t rest until she found the answer. A young man adored this trait about her and soon, they fell in love.

The couple began to do everything together. They spent all of their time together, but others would become jealous of their love.

A young girl, a princess, she lived beneath the surface and she envied the love that he gave the woman. The princess wanted that love for herself, and she had no other way but to take the man and keep him forever.

But the young couple had already promised each other eternity, they had determined that no matter where they went, their spot in the ocean was just for them. An empty cave in the middle of the open sea.

The young couple spent their last possible moments there before the spoiled princess took the man from the woman. She could not remember anything about him as the princess put a spell over her. So that she would never come looking for the man ever again.

But their love was destined, she would find him again. He would be different, but their spot in the ocean was theirs for eternity. Their love was forever and she would not stop until she was reunited with her soulmate once again.

Hana stopped there as she remembered the story behind Whale Cave, how it sounded exactly like this. The heroine had managed to save her lover from the spoiled princess and they found each other once again. The only thing she couldn’t remember was how the couple reunited with each other.

She flipped the page and saw another passage that had a different story.

Once upon a time there was a princess, her kingdom had been doomed because of her lack of action. A dark formidable force had forced her to submit their wishes and every day at sunset, it demanded a human sacrifice from her.

She was unable to fulfill this request at first, but then she was able to recruit help from the monster she created. She used that monster to pull girls from the surface and bring them down to the depths to appease the darkness that threatened to crush her kingdom in one blow.

She had no remorse, for her kingdom was too important to her for her to care about the lives of others. She had the power to make them disappear, erase their entire histories from the surface. Because then she wouldn’t be suspected of any crimes by her people.

She had saved them. And that’s all that mattered.

Hana shut the book loudly, she had taken a lot of notes, in her messy scribble from rushing but she had found all of the answers she needed. She had to go and talk to the mysterious guy at the cave again.

Now she had some questions and answers that would counter his elusive ways. She rushed downstairs, carrying the heavy book with her and handing it to Wooyoung before she rushed away. He waved goodbye with a smile on his face and she just ran out the door.

She looked around and saw that the streets were empty and dark, she had let herself get carried away in her reading again that she forgot to pay attention to the time. She took off towards the beach and back to the cabins where the lights were all out.

She muttered a soft curse to herself, she had managed to miss dinner and stay out past curfew. She climbed through the small window and found herself, stuck when she saw someone else sneaking out.

“I won’t tell if you don’t.” The dark shadow whispered to her and she recognized the voice at once. 

“No problem.” Hana replied, going over by the door to fix the made up bed before heading back to her own. She sighed to herself, changing back into her swim clothes. She had to run out to the beach before anyone else managed to catch her.

She got to the water’s edge, looking out as the waves rolled over. She squinted to try and catch a glimpse of the guy sneaking into the cave but it was too dark to see much of anything.

“Hana!” She turned at the sound of her name and gasped, falling quickly.


Author's Note;;
Another update :D hehe :3
I'll try to get this done.. soon :o lol. <3
Enjoy :D and we shall Khunnie again I promise ;)