~ Wave 03. ~ Nightfall

Monsters: The Vortex

The sun set in the waves of Aqua Bay and the tourists all left the area after the sun set. Hana saw that none of the beach-goers stayed behind and she looked out and tried to catch a flicker of a fin. She couldn't catch one and she sighed to herself. The beach had gone dark and she followed the other girls to the cabins where they would sleep. It was easier for them to sleep close to to the beach in case of anything so they had to move when they got the job.

Uncle Jin Young bought the cabins and kept it furnished, it was up to them to keep it clean. She saw that it was bunk beds and she saw the girl who had been close with Myungsoo earlier that afternoon. She gave Hana a dirty look before approaching her.

“I heard about what you did today.” She told her. “The word has been going around.” 

“Not sure what you’re talking about. There was no one to save today.” Hana replied, “There can’t have been anything to say.”

“Junho said you went out farther than Whale Cave. No one has done that before. They’re too scared to go out farther because of the sharks and stuff.” The girl explained, “My name is Ri Ah. Sorry my boyfriend was upset with you.” She said, holding out her hand to shake.

Hana took it and smiled, “I’m not sure why you’re so friendly now. But I’ll take it. And I’m sorry I got Uncle Jin Young mad at everyone." Hana said. 

"It's okay, we understand why he was concerned for you, you're his niece." Ri Ah acquiesced, “It’s just that he’s kept his family business a secret so you being here, is weird."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I'll be getting any favoritism. I swam to Whale Cave for my challenge in the past." Hana told her indignantly. “Besides, all you guys assume I’m his favorite niece."

"Yeah, yeah. Swimming champion, we get it. We have a curfew too just so you know." Ri Ah told her, "Lights off by 11.” She took her towel with her and looked to see if the bathroom was open.

"Yeah, I know." Hana replied, "Get a good night's sleep." She said, leaving the girl behind to do other things.

The sun had already gone down, Hana wanted to go out and look at the stars, maybe catch a glimpse of her friend from before. The water was pitch black without the moon shining over it and there was no way she could see all the way out. 

She walked up to where the tide hit the sand and let the water wash over her feet. She couldn’t feel the presence in the water, it was always odd to her that her friend was never around at night.

But she also wondered what Junho had meant about disappearances, she did not know everyone that went to the beach yet, so she couldn’t have noticed. But if people were disappearing how come no one else was noticing? She needed to find out what Junho knew and what else his friends knew too. They were different, separate from the rest of the guards, she was well aware that they were keeping a secret, 

She was also aware that her uncle was giving them leeway on it, and she didn’t understand why. She sighed to herself, lying in the sand on the beach. Her mind wouldn’t stop whirring even though she couldn’t remember everything.

She knew she was missing bits and pieces of the last three year. That’s why her uncle was having him work for him. He was looking out for her. She had no idea what was wrong with her, but she had to figure out while she was working for him. She looked around and saw that the girls’ cabin’s lights were going out. 

That meant she had to start going back soon but she had a bit of time left before 11. She sighed, trying to relax her mind. She needed to do this in order to sleep, or else she wouldn’t get any rest tonight.

She just needed to remember what was wrong with her.

~

Across the way, in the boys cabin, one of them escaped the curfew and swam out into the water. He had been doing it frequently over the past two weeks, it had freaked him out at first but the reward was worth it.

He swam out to Whale Cave and pulled himself into it. He smiled when he saw that someone was already waiting for him. The Cave was not as beautiful as it usually was during the day.

"Hyung." He greeted as they sat down to talk for the night.

~

Hana had gone out to the beach to look at the stars and without any sense of time, she had lost track of it.

When she finally checked her phone, it was 2AM. She was disappointed, but she had gone out to look at the stars before. Only this time, she was alone.

But not for long, she saw someone climbing out of the water from swimming.

She walked over to him and recognized him as one of Junho's friends. "Chansung right?" She said loudly, catching him off guard.

"Oh. Umm. What are you doing here?" He stammered.

"I could say the same to you." Hana replied.

"I won't tell anyone you were out past curfew if you won't tell anyone I was." Chansung bargained with her.

Hana thought about it a moment, he had a point. If Uncle Jin Young found out that she was out past curfew, he would flip out even more than he did when Myungsoo dared her to swim to Whale Cave. "Fine. You have a deal." She agreed.

"Good. Now go to bed. You'll have a long day of work tomorrow." Chansung told her, walking to the showers.

Hana sighed, walking back to her own cabin. Sleeping would be a challenge as her curiosity would get the best of her. Just when she finally calmed her mind, Chansung presented a new challenge.


Author's Note;;
new update :D lol. 
It's kinda filler but hehe :3 <3
We shall see what happens :3 But hopefully I don't rush this >< 
but ugh Khun not really feeling you XD