~ Wave 06. ~ Secret Keeper

Monsters: The Vortex

She groaned as she felt the sun on her face, she reached for her pillow, covering her eyes. She just wanted a few more minutes of sleep, just a few more. Her mind had wandered last night and she couldn’t sleep until it calmed.

A hand grabbed her leg and she had to fight the urge to kick involuntarily. “Yah, Hana wake up.” Asia said, shaking her, “It’s time for the morning shift to start.” 

“How do you know I’m the morning shift.” Hana grumbled, pulling the blankets over her some more. She just wanted that extra bit of time to sleep.

“It says on the board, you silly . Now get up you’re on duty on the far west side with Chansung.” Asia said, ripping the blanket off and running away. Hana’s eyes opened wide as she processed what Asia had just told her.

This was perfect, now she had the chance to get rid of her problems by complaining that stupid idiot for what he did. She was worried he had been caught for once and it was his own fault that he had been so gutsy with his close call.

She jumped up and got dressed for the day as she got ready to ambush Chansung with all of her questions. He was already there waiting, watching the people play in the water. He had to rain cloud hanging over his head and Hana could tell right away something was wrong. But she wasn’t going to let that stop her.

“Yah, you idiot. You almost got caught last night, I had to cover for you.” She said, sitting down next to him and facing the water.

He looked up at her and muttered an agreement, before turning back to face the water again.

“You went out right before curfew and people were rushing back, they could have seen you.” She said, trying to get him to answer her.

“Yeah, thanks.” He said, his hand up holding his head. He didn’t even glance at her when she spoke. He continued to watch the waves move in and out off the shore.

“You could have gotten in trouble.” She emphasized. The least he could have done was say thank you to her, but in a more grateful way. He didn’t seem to care what words left right now.

He sighed and finally turned to face her. “What do you want, Hana? Thank you? Thank you for covering for me. Happy?” He said, his tone harsh. He glared at her as she stood her ground. “I won’t be doing it ever again so you don’t need to worry about me, worry about yourself.” 

“Did someone hurt your feelings or something?” She countered, “I’m just saying you could have been grateful, since you know even you aren’t above the rules my uncle set.” She rolled her eyes at him and continued to watch the water.

He said nothing and they sat in brooding silence for the next two hours. The tension in the air was making Hana suffocate with frustration and anger. All of that worry she had put herself through last night was for nothing. He was an ungrateful little prick and he deserved to get caught.

“Hana!” She heard Asia call for her and she looked up and saw another girl running with her. She moved to join them when Chansung finally let out a grunt.

“You’re on duty.” He said warningly.

“Yeah, well so are you.” Hana replied, moving out of the hut and greeting the two girls outside. “Hey, Asia, what are you doing here?” She asked her.

Asia smiled, as she caught her breath, “This is my friend Ami.” She said, introducing the girl next to her.

“Hi, Ami.” Hana greeted politely, “You go to the beach a lot?” She asked her.

“Somewhat. I have to provide moral support to Asia that’s why.” Ami said, giggling. Asia nudged her hard and glared.

“Yah, don’t say anything his friend is right there.” Asia scolded her and she moved away from the hut slightly leading the others so that they were out of hearing range.

“Moral support, eh?” Hana said, smiling wide, “For who?” 

“Junho.” Ami answered quickly before Asia clasped her hand on Ami’s mouth. Ami her friend’s hand and Asia pulled away, wiping the saliva on her suit, disgusted.

“Yah.” Asia said, making a gag noise and glaring at Ami again.

Ami looked at her innocently, “What? You said none of them can go for this girl anyway so what does it matter if she knows? Besides, she could help.” She said, shrugging her shoulders and skipping off.

Hana grinned, “Junho huh?” 

Asia sighed in defeat, “Fine. Yes. Junho. Don’t tell anyone, okay? I know that he probably has someone else in mind anyway.” She said, pointing her finger at Hana, “Tell no one.” She said before running off. Hana smiled to herself before walking back into the hut where Chansung was even grumpier than before.

“You’re lucky nothing happened.” He said as she sat down.

“I was watching the waters the whole time I was outside, so I would have been ready regardless.” She fired back, and then their crushing silence continued.

~

There was a knock at his door and he put his cup of coffee down, “Come in.” He said and he watched one of his most favored lifeguards walk in.

“What did you want to talk about, Junho?” He asked him.

“I wanted to talk about your niece, sir. And how to improve her progress.” Junho said, sitting down across from Jin Young at his desk.

“I do not want you to pressure her. I’ve already said this, Junho. No pressuring.” Jin Young said sternly to him, “I will not have you break her before she is ready to handle the truth."

“But we need her to discover the truth faster.” Junho said, “We both know that she is the only one that can find out what happened to him.” 

“If she remembers, then we will know. You’re right she was the last one to be seen with him, but you will not ruin my niece. She’s managed to lock up the bitter memories somehow, and if it’ll crush her to remember them, then I will not have her remember at all.” Jin Young told him.

“Fine. But you know that you gave me leeway on this for her to find out for herself.” Junho said, “I could give her a clue to start trying to get the memories back.” 

Jin Young pounded his fist on the table making Junho jump, “Do not force what you want on her. Just because you want to know happened, doesn’t mean she wants. Just wait it out. She will come around I’m sure. My niece is not naive, just young.” He said, unfolding the paper and opening it. The dismissiveness of it showing Junho that their meeting was over.

He sighed, before walking out of the office. He needed to know what happened to his friend and Hana was the only one with the answers. He had to make her remember without Jin Young finding out.

If he gets paired with her on duty again, then he would ask her about it. His friend was more important than Jin Young’s overprotective worries.


Author's Note;;
Yo~ Hana unni when you read this :D
Let me know what you think, okay? :) 
As for the rest of you, let me know how it is so far. :o 
We will be seeing Khun soon I promise :D