~ Wave 11. ~ Another One

Monsters: The Vortex

The two of them stood over her as she lay unconscious in their makeshift infirmary cabin. She laid there peacefully, as they waited for her body to rest up so she would wake up for some questions.

"I told you not to push her." His tone of voice revealing the seething anger in his heart.

"I didn't do anything. She did all of this on her own, I didn't even realize that she knew something until she ran off." He said innocently. 

"I knew this would happen, Junho, this is why I was worried about her coming here as well." He said, shaking his head with a sigh.

“I don’t know what to tell you, sir. All I know is one moment I was helping a kid from drowning and the next she disappeared. But she did tell me that she needed to find answers to her questions.” Junho said, they watched toss and turn once before she fell back into a peaceful sleep.

“What questions does she have? And do you know the truth?” Jin Young asked him. “What does she really know?” 

“I don’t know that much. She was asking me about a fairy tale and I do not know the truth about what happened in the past. I know she ran somewhere in the afternoon. And if it’s about a fairy tale, I’m sure she ended up at the library. As far as why she was on the beach past curfew, I honestly have no idea.” Junho answered as clearly as he could.

“Does that mean she found her answers?” Jin Young asked, “I wish she wouldn’t do this but she never really changes. She’s been the same since before the accident."

“I know, that’s why I was trying to keep an eye on her. But I think that she knows more than I do and I have no way of getting it out of her if she refuses to share with me.” Junho said sadly.

“Do you know if any of the others have been able to talk to her?” Jin Young asked, “Chansung? Taecyeon?"

Junho shook his head, “No I don’t know if they’ve spoken to her. I’ll ask when I can. But we just have to wait for her to wake up?” He asked.

“Yes, she’s probably fainted from lack of sleep, whenever she has questions, she never sleeps. She always has to resolve the issue before she can go to bed.” Jin Young told him, “Go do your job. I’ll stay."

Junho gave a curt nod and a small bow, exiting the room quickly to leave the family together. He went straight for his friends’ cabin to get some of his own questions answered.

~

“Yah! I told you, not today. I already got caught last night.” Ri Ah shouted loudly, pushing Myungsoo away from her. All the beachgoers had gone home already and the two lifeguards were left alone to mess around.

Chansung walked over to them, watching closely and they felt his presence, stopping their public affection and gave him a low blow. “Good afternoon.” They greeted him politely.

He gave them a tight smile and nodded his head, “How was it today?” He asked them. They walked up in their red uniforms and walked towards the cabins where dinner was being served.

“Nothing much happened, really. I don’t know why we never get the side with Whale Cave.” Ri Ah answered, the obliviousness in her voice was evident. Myungsoo nudged her for her insensitivity to Hana’s well-being and she glared at him.

“It’s okay.” Chansung said, assuring Myungsoo that they were safe from the boss’ wrath for their lack of manners. “Nothing happened?” he asked pointedly to them.

Both of them shook their heads, “Everyone was playing by themselves in the sand, a group of people went out and came from Whale Cave, they didn’t listen to us.” Myungsoo answered, “Nothing out of the ordinary happened."

Chansung frowned slightly, “You don’t remember the girl named Aly that was here?” He asked them. “She was in the group that swam out to Whale Cave. She and her friends went together.” 

Ri Ah and Myungsoo looked at each other with confused expressions on their faces, “Aly? I don’t think so. No one by that name came up to us. Only Daniel, Ben and Yuki talked to us about swimming out.” Ri Ah said. “Why? Did something happened to this girl?” She emphasized with air quotes.

This time Myungsoo hit her harder, shutting her up effectively, and leaving her with a bruise on her arm. “It’s nothing.” Chansung assured him, “Don’t worry about it. Thank you for doing your duty today.” He said, sending them off to the dinner cabin.

He looked out to the ocean and stared as the waves rolled over each other. He had so many questions but he wasn’t the one who would get the answers. He wondered if Hana would be the one who would, after all, his hyung said it would be a girl who know the truth.

“Chansung!” Junho said, calling him over. Chansung looked and waved to Junho, meeting him halfway.

“Yes?” Chansung said, as they met in the middle. “Is there something wrong?” He asked.

Junho looked at him questioningly, “Have you spoken to Hana?” He asked him.

Chansung shook his head, “No, I only talked to her once really. That time we had shift duty together.” He said. “She doesn’t talk much.” He said, lying through his teeth.

He couldn’t let Junho know about what he was doing late at night, no one really knew. Except Hana and she had managed to keep it a secret for him.

Junho sighed, looking exasperated, “I would have thought it was you.” He said.

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Chansung asked him, “Did something happen?” 

Junho shook his head and held his hands up, “No, it’s just that Hana knows something about what happened. And I would have thought it was you that she told. Because she didn’t tell me and god knows she hasn’t been partnered with Taec before so there’s no way that happened.” He said.

“She knows something about hyung?” Chansung asked him carefully.

“That’s why I don’t know! But someone has to know, there was no way she didn’t confide in anybody.” Junho exclaimed, walking away before he could pull out any more hair.

Chansung eyed the infirmary cabin carefully, that girl knew something he didn’t. Maybe she was the girl that would get all the answers. He would wait for the right opportunity to ask her about it. It would come soon enough.


Author's Note;;
Double update! haha~ :D
I'm on a roll :3
Anyway ;) There's a missing piece of the puzzle, and guess who's gonna find out ;) 
ENJOY :D