~ Wave 14. ~ The Truth

Monsters: The Vortex

She tossed and turned as she found her mind going into overdrive, she remembered that story that Taecyeon had told her. She remembered every detail of it, but he was missing a piece of the puzzle and she had to know what it was.

She needed to find out what it was, she felt her mind drift back into those memories of that day and she fell into place. She was on shore, like she thought, but she was sitting in one of the lifeguard huts. But she had never worked for her uncle until that day, there was no way she had been a lifeguard before.

She turned to her side and saw the man from the cave, he was smiling widely at her. He spoke to her, reaching for her hand and kissed the back of it. She felt blood rush to her face in embarrassment. 

“Khun!” Someone shouted and they both turned to see that it was Chansung waving at them. Hana looked puzzled as she watched it play out and how Khun waved Chansung over. They spoke for a bit while Hana waited for them.

They didn’t talk for long and she simply waved when Chansung left and they moved back into the lifeguard hut. “You didn’t really talk to him.” Khun told her sadly.

“He was here to see you. Besides, he always thinks I’m taking you away from him.” She felt move to reply.

“He’s just jealous he hasn’t found anyone yet.” Khun told her cheesily and he kissed her hand again. A high-pitched scream interrupted them and Hana jumped up, grabbing gear and swimming out into the water.

She didn’t bother checking if Khun was behind her and she looked for the source. There was a girl that was all the way out past Whale Cave, her arms struggling to keep afloat and Hana propelled herself towards her. 

When she got there, she noticed another girl was trying to pull the victim down into the water and Hana grabbed her to keep her afloat. The other girl tried hard to get her but failed when Hana set the girl off.

They met eyes and the other girl glared at Hana, reaching for Hana this time, trying to take her down. Hana struggled, noticing that the girl didn’t even have legs. She pushed hard to keep herself afloat, managing well, until the girl grabbed onto her legs and pulled her down.

Hana held her breath as they moved down the depths, she stopped fighting to save her energy for when she needed to swim back to the surface.

A strong hand reached down for her and she looked to see that Khun was there again. He pulled her up out of the other girl’s reach and Hana pushed herself to the surface. She was almost there, her lungs were crushing against her rib cage, dying without oxygen. 

But she couldn’t remember after that, she had out or something. Her memory from that point on was simply gone. She waddled through the darkness, following the stairs that would take her to the next point. Each step lit up and she waited for something to change.

No longer paying attention, the next step didn’t come and she jerked, falling down into blackness, causing her to wake up in the infirmary cabin.

She let out a deep breath as she fell back down into the pillow, the sun was going down as its rays hit her from the window. She had been out for that long, and now she really had all the answers she needed.

She was the lover, which made more sense as to why he couldn’t tell her. She knew his name was Khun. They had known each other before anything happened. She knew the girl was the mermaid princess, before she had the monster she had been doing the duties herself. She had been trying to save another girl which was the missing piece of Taecyeon’s story. She didn’t know why she couldn’t remember him. She didn’t know why she left him behind. 

What she did know was that she could finally confront Khun about it, knowing all the answers. She could finally go toe to toe with his mysterious roundabout way of answering her questions. She just had to wait for night to fall before she could swim out and ask him again.

She wondered why she had forgotten about him, she knew she loved him too. She remembered the love she had for him, or else she wouldn’t have been able to answer Asia that time she had asked.

But she had forgotten him, she didn’t remember any part of him. The others did, Taecyeon, Junho, Chansung they all remembered him. No one else remembered him either probably.

So how was she special to remember the girls and yet, she couldn’t even remember Khun? 

She sighed, there had to be greater forces at work. But at least that book she read had been right. The lovers would be reunited again, she would make sure she could make the swim out tonight. She had to tell him and trick him tonight for all the times he had been cryptic with her.

~

He walked into the room just when she broke a dish angrily. “I’m guessing I told you so would be inappropriate.” He said.

She threw him a serious glare and he defensively held his arms up at her. “Do not think I did not know about your little plan. How did your book get in there?” She asked him.

“I actually have no idea what you’re referring to.” He told her in deep shock. “I don’t have a book."

“Do not lie to me.” She said, touching the screen to go back to the moment in the library. She paused when the book came up, “This is not your doing?” She demanded of him.

His jaw dropped and he turned to her, “I have never seen that in my life.” He said. “I’m being honest, I have no idea what that is."

“Then how did she get it? It has all the results of everything. She didn’t read all of it so I don’t know but it knows what’s happening next.” She screamed at him.

“It can’t possibly have the results, it’s happening as we speak. It probably has the basis of the story but it doesn’t have an ending yet.” He told her.

“It doesn’t matter, how did it get there if you didn’t write it? It clearly has your touch all over it.” She said, pointing at the screen.

“Stop whining, you’re too pretty for that.” He said, “But I really have no idea how it got there. I would never write a book about it, but after all, there’s more than one version of the universe. Maybe someone else knows your plans.” He said, giving her a wave as he excused himself out.


Author's Note;;
UPDATE AGAIN :D hehe :3
I got my take-home midterm today. 
So no spam writing tonight :( I think.
Idk I'll try. ><