♡ Before the storm

The Perfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you still mad, hyung?" Taemin asked, looking out the window. He didn't even dare to look at Jinki since he knew the answer to his question already.

"I'm not mad. I'm disappointed," replied Onew. That was the answer Taemin hated the most. That was what his mom used to say when he made a mistake. She was never "mad", she was "just disappointed". That was even worst.

The car stopped as they arrived at the Choi's resident where Minho's father and his third wife lived.

"It's just three more days. I'm going back to America as you wanted. What's so bad about that?"

"It's three days of you being with Choi Minho," Onew explained.

"You know he's not going to hurt me."

"Not physically." That got Taemin. Onew was right. When those three days passed, he was going to get hurt. They both were going to get hurt. And it was his fault. On his first day arrived at the airport, he should never have pretended to be Kim Kibum. He should never have said "I do" to a stranger. He should never have fallen in love with Minho.

Taemin whispered another "Sorry" to his friend as he got out of the car.

He barely reached the front door as it opened automatically and soon after an old man in a butler uniform appeared. It was a weird situation to be here. He hadn't visited Minho's father at his home yet. He felt like they made a secret of this place. Therefore, it felt like he was about to discover a mystery.

"Welcome, Mr. Kim. Mr. Choi, the senior isn't home, but the young master is waiting for you already." The man said, bowing down and as a reflex Taemin bowed back. He might have grown up overseas, but he was raised with every Korean custom. Before he could ask, whether the butler meant Minho by "young master", the older came across the corner.

"You're here," Minho greeted with a wide smile.
"Come on, I have someone I want to introduce to you," Minho added. Taemin wondered who it could be. Minho barely visited his father. He hated this place. So, who could made him go home and even asked Taemin to join him? For one second Taemin thought it could be his mother. Yet, as he entered the living room, he realized he was wrong.

On the couch sat a little boy. He might be about five or six. He had big eyes that remind Taemin so much of Minho's. But it wasn't only his eyes. This boy was a splitting image of Minho. Noticing Taemin, the little boy ran to Minho, hiding behind the tall man while holding tight on Minho's leg.

"If he's telling me the kid is his. I'm going back to America right away." Taemin thought. Why was he even mad? He was leaving anyway.

"Kibum, this is Yoogeun. My..."

"Brother". Minho and Taemin said at the same time. Taemin was feeling like an idiot at that moment. How could he think so low of Minho? He totally forgot that Minho had a younger brother who went to a boarding school. He started to question whether his IQ lowered since he "got married."

"Yes," Minho replied to Taemin before turning to his baby brother, getting down to the young boy's level. Then, he started to signal something with his hands. Yoogeun only nodded before bowing to Taemin.

"Minho, can I?" Taemin asked as he came closer, also getting down. Minho was about to explain that his brother couldn't hear. Yoogeun was born without his hearing, so he hadn't said a word since birth either.

"Kibum, he can't..." Minho interrupted himself the moment he saw Taemin using his hands to talk to Yoogeun as well. After a split second of shock, he realized Taemin was saying "Hello, I'm Kibum" by using sign language.

"Nice to meet you, Kibum-ssi," Yoogeun replied with his small hands.

"Nice to meet you too, Yoogeunnie. You can call me hyung too."

"Ok. Kibum hyung, are you Minho hyung's wife?"

"No, I'm his husband."

"Can a man have a husband too?"

"Of course, Yoogeunnie. As long as you love each other."

"So, you love Minho hyung?"

Minho could see Taemin having a hard time to answer that innocent question of his baby brother. After all, they haven't used the L-word yet.

"You can't ask him that." Minho signed to the little boy.

"Why not? You're married. So, you love each other, right?"

"You're too young for that. We'll talk again in a few years, ok?"

"I'm not a baby."

"Yoogeunnie," Taemin interrupted. "We'll talk about this once you have someone you like, ok? I tell you about my love and you tell me about yours."

"Deal," Yoogeun signed with a smile.

"Deal."

Minho automatically smiled as well, seeing the two people who meant the most to him "talking" and getting along. Yoogeun was usually shy around strangers because of his disorder. Normally it took him a while to get comfortable with them. But Taemin was different. Taemin knew exactl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter