Not Today

The Perfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
This chapter is for all 2Min shippers before I leave for Mallorca. I'll be back next week and I won't bring my laptop with me, so I won't be online. Spam me with comments pleaseeee. I'd love to read them when I get back.

", how could I forget that?" Taemin mumbled as he held the last clean boxer shorts in his hand. All those stresses had made him forget that he had left the airport without his suitcases. Now he was glad he'd listened to his mother. She'd taught him to always have extra luggage in his backpack, just in case something went missing. The thought of her broke his heart. He hadn't realized how much he missed her, until he noticed his tears.

He hopped in the shower and the water. In his mind, he was working on an imaginary to-do list. First, he'd call his mother to tell her that he was fine. He would have to lie, but if he knew something for sure, then it was that he was not worrying her. Not again and not under any circumstances. Then, he urgently had to go shopping and buy a few things to wear. He wouldn't need much, since he didn't plan to stay here very long. Boxers, socks, some pair of jeans and some T-shirts, which were easily to combine together. Those were all he needed. Then he had to find out Minho's interests somehow. Maybe that way he might find an opportunity to come closer to the other boy.

When he came out of the bathroom, it was already after 10 pm. Minho usually got home early. That might be an advantage to be your own boss. Taemin heard the door bell and for a millisecond, he thought it were Minho. Then he took in, why would Minho ring the bell? But who was so important to show up at Minho's house this late? His instinct warned of a possible danger. But he knew Minho's security guards wouldn't let anybody through the gate, and certainly not a crazed killer. What was the worst that could happen, he thought, and finally went downstairs to open the door. To his relief it wasn't Hannibal Lecter, but a harmless-looking man.

"Hello Beauty," said the stranger when he saw Taemin.

"Hello?" Taemin replied.

"You must be Kim Kibum."

"Yes," Taemin lied.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" He asked.

"Oh, excuse me. I'm Woo Bin, Minho's big brother." Taemin was doubting the man since the two had absolutely no similarities, except for their heights. And this man had nothing gangster-like on him. He looked more like a businessman.

"We don't look alike, I know," as if he could read Taemin's thoughts.

"Can I come in?"

"Of course, excuse me. I was just a little surprised." Taemin apologized and invited his new acquaintance in.

"You're much cuter than I had imagined." Woo Bin said as Taemin brought him a drink.

"Thank you," Taemin said. "I'm sorry, did we meet at the wedding? I actually have a very good memory, but ... "

"No don't worry. I wasn't there. "

"Oh ok."

"I was unable to attend the wedding. But I heard that it was a very beautiful ceremony." Woo Bin explained by his own accord.

"Minho seems to work late today but he should be home soon."

"That's no problem. I'm here because of you. "

"Because of me?"

"Well, actually I just wanted to introduce myself. Since I missed your wedding, I feel very guilty. "

"Oh, please don't." It was difficult to believe that this man was related to Minho. They had absolute different personalities. Woo Bin was charming and polite. He appeared to be a considerate person. Minho, however, was impulsive and furious. He was a bad listener and he barely spoke as well. Minho was a loner.

Taemin felt like it had been a while since he could normally chat with another person than Jinki. Woo Bin told him some funny and embarrassing stories of Minho, just like how parents usually did when they met their children's girl- or boyfriend. A few hours ago, Taemin wouldn't think it were impossible, but he laughed again.

"Did you know that you were supposed to marry me initially?"

"What?"

"Well, it's a long story. But in the end Minho got the Beauty."

"I'm confused." Woo Bin was talking about Kibum, not him. And yet, he felt offended. He was a human being, not something people could hand over to whomever they wanted.

"It's late. I'll tell you the story another time. But honestly, now that I know you, I am really jealous of him. I hope he treats you well. He can be rough sometimes, but basically he is not a bad person."

"He surely isn't."

"You don't sound very convincing."

"Well... so far we haven't done much together?"

"You can't be serious. You two are a couple now. You should spend time together. That's why people have invented honeymoon ... Oh no, the blockhead ignores you, right?" Woo Bin interrupted himself as he remembered how stubborn Minho could be. Taemin said nothing. But his silence confirmed Woo Bin's assumption.

"Please don't tell me you're ok with that. You do know that divorce isn't an option until our old men are dead, right? You can't stay in a loveless marriage for years. That could drive everybody crazy." Woo Bin protested.

I won't tell you anything. I'll leave soon. Then Minho can ignore himself. Taemin thought.

"It doesn't bother me. You can't force feelings, can you?" Taemin answered after a short pause.

"No, but you can lend Minho a hand to understand his feelings. And I didn't only mean it literally." Taemin knew it was a joke and still, he blushed like a .

"You guys are hopeless. I guess I'll have to give you two some extra lessons." Woo Bin sighed.

"I don't understand what you mean. What extra lessons? "Taemin asked confused.

"Lessons about dating, of course."

"I don't think it's a good idea."

"Believe me, your life would be much easier if the stubborn Minho loves you." Little did he know how right he was. Taemin's whole plan was depended on it. But love? That wasn't necessary. The day was long and Taemin was tired. But he didn't even need a sober mind to know that it was impossible. Woo Bin would need a super power, because Minho and him and love? These were words which didn't belong in the same sentence.

"You'll see that Minho also has his adorable side." Woo Bin said and at the same moment Minho came home.

"Speaking of the devil," he said, turning to his brother.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Minho asked angrily, as if Woo Bin's present was enough to make him mad. Taemin thought he was imagining it, because no one could dislike a family member that way. But what did an only child know of sibling relationships.

"That's how you welcomed your brother after 9 months not seeing each other?"

"What do you want?"

"Do you have to be so rude? I just wanted to say hello to Kibum. He is now my brother too. And besides, I wanted to tell you that father wants to have dinner with us tomorrow. "

"If so, then you can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter