Unique

The Perfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun noticed the increasing pressure in his lungs as he held his breath. Trying not to move wasn't easy when he could feel Key's lips on his own. He knew it was Key's farewell... their last kiss.

"Goodbye, Jonghyun," whispered Key.

As the door slammed behind Key, Jonghyun gasped for air like a drowned man whose head was just above the water. Every muscle in his body signaled him to catch up with Key and hold on to the younger with all his might. Yet he had never been that type of man who listened to his heart. It has always been his rationality that ruled over him. He had promised not to hinder Key from leaving if it was Key's wish. He had to keep his word.

For fear of one single move might lead him to run after Key, Jonghyun froze. Just then he literally jumped up as someone rang the bell. The more motionless his body was before, the faster he sprinted to the front door now, hoping for the person on the other side to be Key who had returned.

Doubtlessly Jonghyun's disappointment was huge when he found his father behind the door.

"I have to discuss something with you before going to the office."

"Good morning to you too, father." Jonghyun greeted and stepped aside.

Mr. Kim looked around as he entered the living room.

"Is Taemin still sleeping?"

"He is ... going out," replied Jonghyun.

"It is convenient. I have a confidential job for you."

Mr. Kim handed his son a sealed packet and continued.

"Please test these two DNA samples for relationship."

"What is it for? You have your own staff for such investigations."

"It's a delicate issue. It's about the Black Lotus. I just need someone I can trust unquestionably." Jonghyun understood the situation. When it comes to the three criminal organizations of the underworld, his father can behave very paranoidly.

"Black Lotus? Since when do you get involved in an investigation of the South? "

"The bastards do not just operate only in the South anymore. They have a deal with the White Snake. Apparently, these bastards work together."

"And whose DNAs are this? How did you get them? "

"Just examine them as soon as possible, please. You are the only one I can assign to this task. And act discreetly."

This answer did not satisfy Jonghyun, but he knew his father very well. Each tries to elicit something from him would be in vain.

"Fine, but it might take a while if no one should get wind of it."

"Do whatever is necessary and call me as soon as you get the result."

"Ok, I'll go to the lab right away." Jonghyun was happy about the extra task. Work is exactly what he needed now to take his mind off Key.

"Say hello to Taemin for me. What's he doing outside so early? " Mr. Kim stood up, ready to leave.

For a moment, Jonghyun. hesitated. Just then he realized that a lie has no legs.

"He's gone," admitted Jonghyun.

"Where did he go?"

"He left ..." Before Jonghyun could finish his sentence, the doorbell rang once again in this hectic morning.

Jonghyun opened the front door and couldn't believe his eyes. There Key stood, within one's reach.

"Ah, sorry. I wanted to go for a walk and forgot my keys." The younger explained with a shy smile. Confused but overjoyed, Jonghyun pulled Key in his arms. Only when he felt Key's warmth, he knew it wasn't a dream.

"Jonghyun, your dad is here," Key refer to Mr. Kim.

"Nice to see you, Taemin. You started your day very early." Mr. Kim greeted.

"Good morning, Mr. K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter