♡ Counting seconds

The Perfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, who are you?”

Taemin panicked yet keeping his poker face, he asked back.

“What do mean?”

“Who was it? That person you met today.” At that moment Taemin realized he misheard. His mind must be playing with him.

“Would you believe me, if I say it was really my mother,” Taemin told the truth. He was tired of lying the whole day. How much of the truth can he tell Minho?

“You mean you’ve been in touch with your mom behind your dad’s back?” Taemin was sure Minho was amused.

“I have never lost contact with my mom, except for that one time when I was young. It was for a short time though.” Taemin explained, meaning that time he was kidnapped.

“Your dad knows nothing, even though he has been looking for her for so long?” Minho laughed.

“I surely don’t tell my father everything,” Taemin answered the question indirectly, letting Minho interpret the statement. By that Minho pulled Taemin in for a passionate kiss.

“I just love you even more, Kim Kibum.” The gang leader confessed unknowingly.

“Did you just say you love me?” Taemin repeated the L word, causing Minho to notice what he just said. Luckily, he wasn’t one of those people who couldn’t hide their blush.

After a moment of silence, Taemin saved Minho from the struggle of finding the right words.

“Forget it. Say it to me again, when you know you mean it.” Minho literally imagined a weight falling off his mind. Taemin was understanding and sweet… and y. Minho was aware of his fortune to have such a person on his side. Little did he knew his luck had an expiration day.

Seven days from now on.

Because seven days was all Onew gave Taemin. Seven days to straighten things out. Seven days to settle his heart. Seven days to say goodbye. Seven days to leave Minho for good.

Taemin snuggled into Minho’s embrace, mouthing “I’m sorry” as he was sure Minho wouldn’t see his face. He felt guilty he made Minho believe those things about Kibum. Yet theoretically Taemin didn’t lie. He was sick of pretending to be Kim Kibum. He was sick of being someone else. He hated the idea of leaving Minho when the older wouldn’t know a thing about his real person. Minho wouldn’t even know his name once he had left.

Seven days to make Minho learn about Lee Taemin, not the person he pretended to be.

Seven days to make memories.

 

Key laid down next to Jonghyun who was leaning against the bed, reading an e-book. Jonghyun immediately put away his iPad as Key got under the blanket.

“You don’t look happy. Wasn’t it nice to see your mom again?” Jonghyun asked, playing with Key’s hair since he knew that relaxed the younger boy.

“It was more than nice. I missed her. But it was a weird situation.” Key answered.

“You mean her sudden visit?”

“Yeah you could say, I wasn’t expecting to see her”

…”ever again.” Key kept the last past to himself.

“I talked to my father. He won’t come up with surprises anymore. That was rude to unexpectedly drop in on you like that.” Jonghyun said.

Key grabbed Jonghyun’s free hand. “Thank you,” he said. The feeling of Jonghyun’s fingers going through his hair was so comfortable. Shortly after, Key fell asleep.

Yet, even in his dreams, he couldn’t escape reality. Pieces of his conversation with his mom kept repeating in his mind.

“How long can you lie to him?”

“Are you sure he isn’t feeling that way because of the marriage?”

“He doesn’t even know your name.”

 “He might think he loves you, but is he?”

Key woke up with a worse headache than all the hangovers he ever had.

“Does Jonghyun love him or did he love the Lee Taemin he played?” Key wondered.

 

It had been almost a week since Key reunited with his mom. Ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter