6. Close yet so very far

A thousand times over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you mean?” I asked turning my chair to face my manager.

 

“The photographer canceled on us suddenly, apparently his wife is in Labor and we’d already rented out the venue, the stylists brought in the clothes. Everything is there, all but a photographer.” He sighed. “ I think we’re just going to have to cancel the shoot.”  I looked at Manager oppa and felt sorry because he’d  booked this a month in advance and things were not going his way lately. Then I remembered  what Hyuk said to me last time.

 

“Oppa, Chankaman, don’t cancel anything. I’m gonna make a phone call.” I said taking my phone and stepping out. After waiting 20 minutes Hyuk came to the rescue with his crew that brought in his equipment.

 

“Hyukjae, thank you for coming on short notice.” Manager Oppa walked over and gave him a friendly hug as they used to do before.

 

“Oppa,” I scolded him, he looked at me confused and when he finally got the message he nodded and backed away. “Mianhe, Hyuk Manager Oppa forgot you’ve lost your memories.” Me including people in my life excluding Yeon Hee and the others were also people Hyuk couldn’t remember.

 

“Ani,It’s alright” He shook his head. “I’m happy that you invited me to be the photographer for this shoot.” He smiled that gummy smile of his I hadn’t seen in awhile. I admit I kinda miss it.

 

****

I was a bit surprised when BoA called out of the blue, but at the same time I felt it was good, kind of like fate was bringing us together somehow not that I believe in that kind of stuff. But by chance today I had no clients because normally I’d have 1 or 2 shoots even 3 everyday but today there was none at least until she called. She mentioned that her supposed photographer bailed last minute because his wife was in Labor and that she remembered me saying I had my own agency here so I drove out to their venue with my crew.

 

“Chua,” I said making an ok sign with my fingers as I zoomed in with the camera to capture her laying on her stomach wearing a military type outfit and heels with her head resting on top of her hands almost hugging the pillow, eyes closed as if she were sleeping . It was a natural feeling, she didn’t need to put much effort into her pose because her beauty balanced out what was missing. She looked like an angel. What am I thinking? “Ok, I think we can move on to the next outfit.” I said taking a look at the monitor.

 

“What do you think?” I asked BoA who came back dressed in the next outfit, she wore a black tank top with jean jacket decked with a high waist pair of shorts and some black heels..

 

“You really are great with the camera.” She praised. “Always have been.”

 

“Hmm, Let’s try utilizing the stool and put it  in front of this wall” I said taking the stool and positioning it at an angle. Unlike the models I’ve worked with in the past BoA didn’t need any instruction, she just went with it. she truly acted like a professional. “Tell me, BoA have you done modeling before?” I asked.snap snap.

 

“Ani, unless doing CFs and magazine shoots count, but professionally no.” She said positioning herself again.snap snap. “Wae? Am I that bad?” she smiled at me sheepishly

 

“Ani, you’re actually a natural.” I said truthfully. “ The camera loves you.”

 

she laughed.snap snap. “Ani.”

 

“I’m serious.” I smiled.

 

“Hyuk,” I heard BoA’s manager call my name.

 

“Yes sir?” I turned around.

 

He chuckled, “ Call me Hyung, sir makes me feel like we’re in the military or something.”

 

I nodded shyly, “ne, Hyung?”

 

“I was thinking of adding a few photos with y, mysterious concept for the photobook,for the fans”

 

“Ne,” I nodded feeling a bit awkward. “Ok, umm for the fanboys hyung wants to add a y mysterious concept, so if you could wear your jacket over only one shoulder usi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter