5. Oremanyo

A thousand times over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been over a year since their breakup, and the last time they  saw each other was during Yeon Hee’s engagement party to Seunghyun her boyfriend of 4 years. Everyone always thought it would be Hyukjae and BoA to get married first and not a break up. They weren’t a public couple, but it was known by many of their friends and some people in the entertainment business. A lot were quite shocked but not many knew the reasons why and abstained from talking about the matter. Since their break up BoA made herself busy with work, she was actually gearing up for her comeback which would happen in a couple months. She hadn’t heard from Hyukjae and was almost sure he hadn’t gained his memories of her still. Today though was a special day,finally the wedding of Yeon Hee and Seunghyun. Much of their close friends and family attended the event along with business partners of Seunghyun and colleagues of Yeon Hee at the elementary school where she worked, and of course their star studded friend BoA.

 

The girls,the maid of honor, bridesmaids and flower girl were all gathered in the room making touch ups for the big event. BoA slipped inside the Bride’s room where Yeon Hee was getting her makeup done.

 

“Waa, Yeppuda.” BoA said looking at Yeon Hee from Head to toe.

 

“Unnie!” the make up artist finished up and left the girls to themselves. They both squealed as BoA walked over to give Yeon Hee a big hug.

 

When they parted Yeon Hee couldn’t help it when tears started forming, “Yah, don’t cry.Your makeup will smear.” BoA took a tissue and  lightly dried her tears making sure not to mess up her make up.

 

“How is the maid of honor feeling? Unnie you look gorgeous.” Yeon Hee hugged BoA once again.

 

“I should be asking you that.” BoA laughed. “How are you?Don’t tell me you’re getting cold feet.”

 

“Ani,” she smiled. “But he better not have any or i’ll kill him.” She joked as both girls laughed.

 

“He’s fine, I saw him earlier, he looked just as nervous as you right now.” From outside there were voices of women calling out picture time.

 

That’s when Yeon Hee realized she’d forgot to mention something, “Unnie, did you see Hyuk Oppa?”

 

“Ani, I haven’t seen him since the engagement party last year, wae?”

 

“He’s the-” Suddenly the door opened and standing in the doorway was none other than Lee HyukJae.

 

“We’re taking pictures with all the women in the other room,” Hyukjae said holding up his camera.

 

****

He’s back. It’s been over a year since I last saw him at the Engagement Party. Apparently Yeon Hee forgot to mention that the Wedding Photographer would be Hyukjae, but then again they were cousins so it would make sense that he’d attend the wedding.

 

“BoA? Earth to BoA?” I snapped out of my daze and shifted my attention towards Donghae. “You haven’t touched your food.”

 

I looked down at my untouched plate then at Donghae, “Did you know he was going to be here?” I asked referring to Hyukjae.

 

“Ani, I’m just as surprised as you.” He replied. “ Like you I hadn’t heard from him since the engagement party.” I watched HyukJae running around taking pictures of people at the reception as well as the newlyweds. He looks more handsome than I remember.

 

****

“Oppa, go on and eat first. I think you have more than enough pictures.” Yeon Hee said pushing me towards the table where Donghae was. “Guys,Hyuk Oppa is going to join you,”

 

“Hey bro long time no see.” Donghae got up to give me a brotherly hug. We hadn’t seen each other in a while partly because I was busy with work.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” the girl who sat next to Donghae stood up face to fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter