12. Nostalgia

A thousand times over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was going down, getting darker and rain trickled.I did all possible to crawl on my knees trying to get out of the small ditch. I made it out but couldn’t move any further because the crawl took most of my strength away. So I what any person would do I called for help. “Tasukete! Dareka! Tasukete!” My voice was going hoarse because of the cold air and the rain wasn’t helping at all. I shouted out his name, I don’t know why,  it wasn’t like he’d come but he was the only person that came to mind. “Hyukjae!” I cried. “Tasukete!” My head hanging low as I looked at the ground. “Hyukjae.” with my head hanging and my hand against the ground for support I heard  the crunching of leaves and looked up. It can’t be.

 

It was, standing a few meters away was Hyukjae. “BoA?!?” He called out running toward her.

 

BoA struggled using the strength she has left to stand up and limped towards him meeting him halfway she hugged him crashing into his arms crying really hard.

 

Hyuk brought her into his arms hugging her tightly they stood like that for a while as the rain started to pick up harder, “What happened to you?” He looked down and saw her leaning on one foot and knew already it was her ankle that was giving her a problem. He swept her off her feet and carried her bridal style startling BoA at first. “Kwenchana, I’m here now.” He said. “ I’ll get us out of here.” BoA nodded wrapping her arms around his neck and He started walking. BoA watched Hyuk take command as he walked carrying her. It was nostalgia. He had come to her rescue yet again. “Saw Smoke coming up ahead when I made my way towards you maybe someone can help us there.” Hyuk said looking at her.

 

Surprisingly when they arrived it stopped raining,  Hyuk helped BoA sit down on the bench and went up to the counter to ring the bell, it looked like a business place, “Suimasen, (excuse me)”

 

“Takaragawa Onsen” BoA read the sign. “It can’t be...” Then an old lady came out from the back to greet them.

 

“Irashaimasen,” the old woman said he smiled changed became brighter when she looked up at Hyuk, “Areh, You’re back!” I looked at the woman confused. “And you came with your girlfriend!” she smiled looking over at BoA.

 

“Um, we’d like to use the spring,” Hyuk says brushing her comment aside. “Also I was wondering if you had a first aid kit and a change of clothes. She sprained her ankle.”

 

“Hai,One second.” She left and came back with a pair of shorts and shirts. “Just leave your clothes in the hamper and I’ll have them cleaned.I’ll come with the first aid kit later.” The old woman smiled and he smiled back.

He took the clothes and handed them to BoA for them to hold and carried her to the women’s changing area which fortunately was empty.

 

“Get changed 1st and  I’ll come back for you.” He said placing his hand on hers and couldn’t help but feel an electrifying  attraction. BoA nodded, gave him the change of clothes and left.

Hyuk didn’t have much trouble changing he changed as quickly as he could actually because he was too worried about if BoA would be able to change by herself. “BoA? Kwenchanayo?” he asked outside of the changing area.

 

“Ne,” she called back. “You can come in already.” Hyuk nodded and walked in, BoA was already changed and had one of her legs propped on the bench. He smiled seeing she’d managed on her own. He went down and picked her up bridal style only to have some protest from BoA. “You really don’t need to carry me like this.”

 

“You really think I’d let you walk on your own?” He chuckled. “Besides we wouldn’t want you to put too much pressure on your  ankle.” He said and BoA nodded, he had said the same exact thing the first time he saved her and brought her here. Hyuk proceeded to head towards the exit and walked over to the spring.

   

When they got there there was the First Aid kit that Hyuk asked for and 2 robes as well. So Before letting BoA go into the water he gently set her down on the side. Like Hyuk had predicted there were some acupuncture needles there. He  sat down facing her and  propped her ankle gently against his leg and took out the needles.


“What are you going to do with those?” BoA asked. she expected him to wrap her ankle in a bandage like before but instead he had acupuncture needles in his hand.


“Acupuncture. Now hold still.” He said gently taking the area above her ankle.


“Wae?” BoA actually hated needles.


He chuckled, “So it’ll heal faster. It’ll make you feel better too,” He said. “I promise it’ll be like an ant bite.” he said looking into her eyes. “You don’t have to look if you don’t want to.” She nodded and looked away but as he started to do it she moved her head and watched Hyuk as he intently placed the needles on her.


He took out a lighter looked up at BoA for approval, “This might feel hot but it’ll help. Do you trust me?” BoA looked up at him creating eye contact and nodded. She watched as he put the lighter over the top of the needles. “There,” He said, he used the gloves in the first aid kit to take off the needles and returned everything back and helped BoA get up slowly. “Try walking.” BoA looked at Hyuk who assured her she was alright. She slowly walked on her foot still holding Hyuk for support. “Oute?”


“It feels fine.” She smiled in amazement.


“That’s great now we can finally get in the water.” Hyuk went in first leading BoA and helped guide her in until she sat down the water  up to her neck.


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter