Chapter 11

Unexpected Joy

Whoever was behind me grabbed me and covered my mouth with a rag, to shut me up. I wasn't screaming to their surprise. I was focused on bracing myself. If my best friend had gone through this and I hadn't been aware, I wished nothing but the same fate for me. I was responsible for all the hurt they had inflicted upon them. I was, however, involuntarily kicking and figetting. They dragged me into an alleyway and layed me down. I wondered if they were the same guys who abused of Rina.

It made me sick.

Two grabbed my arms, and two grabbed my legs. The free one got down to my level and harshly opened my shirt, breaking the buttons off. he did the same with my shorts, leaving me exposed and vulnerable. 

"Not bad," one of them muttered. I stared at him in pure disgust. He noticed and slapped me. I bit my lip in pain. The spot where he had slapped me stung. It seemed like they gained pleasure from looking at me in pain. They wanted to hear me yelp out in pain by hitting me and kicking me repeatedly. I thought I could handle it closed mouthed, but the last kick made cry in pain. They seemed satisfied and started to move on to their assigned job.

One of the angrily crushed my mouth onto mine, and I struggled in deep detest. In an attempt to break free, I kneed him in the crotch and tried to get away, but the others holding me down didn't release their grip. I took this oppurtunity of their flustered reactions to scream out a plea for help, earning me another slap. I didn't expect anyone to answer. I heard footsteps a long ways away, and I prayed that they had heard me. 

I struggled more , to try to buy me some time, but still no one appeared. I stopped struggling and braced myself for what was coming. I  closed my eyes and thought of what had led up to this. As soon as I closed my eyes, they had stopped. Instead you could hear grunts and bodies falling against the floor. My eyes were still closed , so I didn't know what was happening. I felt something like a coat get put over me, and then the person who had put it on me took me in his arms. I looked up to see what was going on. I looked up to see the most unexpected person.

Jaehyo was clutching me tightly in his arms, my uniform was in one of his hands.

". You're really badly hurt. Don't worry. We'll be at Zico's soon" He began to sprint towards Zico's house.

"T-thank y-you" I said with a shaky and unfarmiliar voice. A tear slowly fell from my eye. I was happy to have been saved, but I didn't deserve it. I desevred the pain that was recieved by the others.

He set me down and told me to close the large coat he had let me borrow.  He also handed me my uniform. He swiftly walked up to Zico's door and knocked, more like banged, loudly. Zico came out, his long hair tangled and his eyes swollen.

“Man, what do you want, it’s 4 in the morning!” He said, his voice sounding sleepy. Jaehyo didn’t say a word. Instead he just moved aside, exposing me. At first Zico looked from me to Jaehyo. It seemed as though the first thing that crossed his mind was that I had gotten with Jaehyo, because he immediately launched himself at him. I rushed forward, trying to pull Zico off, but he elbowed me, telling me to go away. Seeing as though I was momentarily fragile, I fell to the floor.

“­Yah. What’s wrong with you?” Jaehyo finally fought back. “She just got beaten.” He pushed. “And almost .” And again. “And you’re treating her like this?” He pushed Zico into the wall of his home. He took the opportunity to help me up. Zico didn’t move.

“SunMi-ah…” He whispered. His eyes filled with tears when he saw me. Really saw me. “Is it..” His voice came out different, a sad tone I had never heard.

I nodded.

He launched himself towards me. I thought he was going to hurt me, since the aggression he had displayed before, but he tightly hugged me.

“Who did it.” He growled. “I’ll kill them” He let me go and looked me in the eye before silently repeating “I’ll kill them” I shook my head.

“Its cold. Take her inside” Jaehyo whispered. Zico nodded and opened the door.

“Thanks.” He looked back at Jaehyo. Jaehyo smiled.

“She’s my honey. I had to save her.” Zico smiled slightly.

“Still making jokes.” Zico said, waving bye to Jaehyo. I stepped inside and Zico led me to the couch. “What happened?” He whispered.

“I don’t know.” I whispered.

“What do you mean you d-“ He said, practically yelling. I flinched. He sighed and continued. “What do you mean you don’t know.” He said, putting his hands on my shoulders. “you have to know.” His piercing stare burned.

I started to cry.

“Everything’s so messed up. Today. It started out so perfect. Everything felt right. But things. They just got bad.

“Rina. She got . She got her innocence taken away. Without her wanting it. Without her being able to enjoy it. The feeling of being loved. She’ll never be able to feel that for the first time. All because of me!

 

“And James. He got jumped. His face was beaten so badly I didn’t even recognize him. He could barely talk. And it was all my fault. Two of the most important people in my life got hurt and it’s all because of me. All of it.

“You should’ve seen Rina’s brother Junho. Or James’ parents. They were both crushed. Heartbroken. And it was all my fault. If they hadn’t met me, nothing would have happened.” I was openly crying. The look on his face was so blank.

“And those guys. Their hands on me. Their dirty intentions staining me.” I breathed in air, so I wouldn’t sound too hysterical. “And the worst part. It wasn’t you who saved me. It was Jaehyo.” He looked truly hurt.

“Zico? Are you crying?” A very pretty girl came yawning down the stairs. Zico stood up.

“Noona. This is my girlfriend.” Her eyes opened wide.

“What happened to her.” She said, looking horrified. I told her what I had told Zico, and she embraced me. “come with me. I’ll fix your uniform and get you cleaned up. I’m Zico’s sister, Chaerin.” I nodded. She took me to shower and clean my wounds.

I couldn’t than her enough. A complete stranger helping me out. “I’ll take you home.” She said once I looked presentable. Zico knocked and pulled me into the hallway.

“I’m so sorry.” He whispered and kissed my cheek. I shook my head.

“I’ll be okay.” With that, Chaerin drove me home. No one was awake, so I could avoid questions. I soon fell into a much needed sleep.

The next morning, I met Zico while walking, and he looked rather sulky.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as he ignored my “Good Morning”

He sighed and looked at me. His eyes were red and swollen.

“We should stop talking.” He whispered.

I stood there, shocked.

He walked away. 

______________________________________________________________________________

Why did you leave? Why weren't you strong? 

15 cranes left. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey little dubus. 

I'm sorry if this chapter is terrible, I really wasn't in the mood for anything today, BUT THE SHOW MUST GO ON!

 

Comment and subscribe. It'll make me happy :D