Chapter 2: Delusional

First Impressions, Permanent or Not?

 

~ Delusional ~
 
“Sora! I swear it was!” Jenny chased after her friend who chuckled and waved at her in playful annoyance.
 
“It couldn’t have been! Just drop it, okay?” Sora laughed as she stopped and stole an apple out of a bowl of fruit on the kitchen counter.
 
“I’m not lying,” Jenny mumbled as she leaned on the counter tiredly. 
 
“Neither am I,” Sora chuckled.
 
“But you weren’t there!” Jenny pointed out before standing up straight.
 
Sora lazily waddled over to the living room to recollect her stuff. “Well, better get going. Who knows, I might just meet my bias!” 
 
“Why do you do that?” Jenny asked annoyed. “I wouldn’t lie to you about something like that!”
 
“Neither would I!”
 
“Then?”
 
“Then~ it’s a very mean joke you’re playing.”
 
“It’s no joke!” Jenny refused to drop the subject.
 
“Fine! Fine!” Sora responded, now really annoyed. “And you know who I met while babysitting Mina? Mblaq’s Joon.” Sora smirked. “He just magically walked in and started talking to me.”
 
“Sora,” Jenny whined tiredly. “Stop it-”
 
“Ah!” Sora stopped her by waving her hand in the air. “I’m out.”
 
“So-”
 
“Ah! Don’t want to hear it- bye!” Before Jenny could open to say anything more Sora loudly slammed the door. Sora had a strong attitude. She was quite stubborn and always had to be right which always led her to have the last word. Jenny, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. She often gave in, well often anyways. Today she was being persistent, but in the end Sora had the last word.
 
“I’m not a liar,” she grumbled to herself as she wearily made it to Mina’s room. 
 
There her sweet little daughter woke up and sat up. “You’re still up?” she asked mostly to herself. Her daughter was quite young and still couldn’t talk. “Mommy was being loud wasn’t she?” She gently picked Mina up and walked over to a seat beside her crib and sat down with Mina on her lap. 
 
Mina, now fully awake, pulled on her mommy’s curls while her wide eyes wandered over to her tired mother’s face, curiously asking what was all the commotion about.
 
“I met someone,” Jenny smiled widely at the memory. “My day was ugly, but he made it better.” She gave a little frown at the bad things that had happened, but the thought of him quickly made her smile again. 
 
“Do you want mommy to tell you what happened?” she asked as Mina laid her head on her mother’s bosom. “Alright,” Jenny giggled as she positioned Mina into a more comfortable position and then pulled a small blanket over her.
 
**Flashback**
 
“Your welcome,” an angelic voice chuckled. 
 
Jenny was at a lost of words as a very good looking man stood before her. She knew him! She did. He was- 
 
“Are you-” his voice brought her back from maelstrom of thoughts. He motioned to the buttons where each floor number was located.
 
“Ah, sorry, yes,” Jenny had whispered in a dark shade of red as she timidly passed before him and clicked on a ‘10’. She had been at such a loss of words that she hadn’t even felt herself get inside the elevator. *How dumb of me! How odd must I’ve looked just standing inside the elevator without pressin-*
 
“What is wrong?” He asked as he walked over to the ‘menu of buttons’.
 
“Eh?” Jenny babbled as yet again he brought her back to reality. The elevator had stopped. *Why hadn’t I noticed that?*
 
“Oh, there we go,” he chuckled as he stared straight into her auburn eyes. She simply smiled a bit goofily as she tried to understand what was going on. The elevator had continued once more and well, an awkward silence enveloped the room.
 
*Why is the elevator going so slow?* Jenny’s eyebrows furrowed in worry, in anxiousness. *Why is it so hot in here?* She nervously pulled on the collar of her blouse. *I can’t breathe. Omo. Is the person beside me who I think it is?*
 
“Hey,” he called her attention.
 
“Wha-?” she asked as her eyes widened as she stared straight into his eyes, causing her blush to deepen. “Oh!” she exclaimed as she followed his gaze and saw papers falling from her file.
 
She quickly bent down to collect her papers in a haste, but her nerves were only making things worse and- Her eyes began to feel teary as all her worries were coming back to her. She had been having a very stressful week and only to add to her troubles she was now making a fool of herself in front of-
 
“Here you go,” he smiled sweetly as he passed her a couple of papers. “Hey~” his voice softened as she looked up and saw her sorrowful expression. 
 
“Ah, thank you,” she quickly took them and brushed a loose curl away. She forced a smile, but quickly avoided his gaze and thank God the elevator had finally arrived at her destination. She quickly got up and just as she was about to take a step a soft hand grabbed her wrist. 
 
“I’m Kim Jaejoong by the way,” he said. *I know* she felt herself think, but she only managed to smile and nod. And once again she tried to take a step, but his hold on her pulled her back again. “May I know your name?” 
 
“Jenny,” she smiled genuinely, for a moment forgetting all her troubles. He smiled and nodded sweetly as he committed her name to his memory. He finally released his hold on her and she began to walk away when he called out, “Hey!”
 
She quickly spun around, “Everything is going to be alright,” he assured with a timid smile. Jenny felt so surprised, but at that moment she was filled with inner joy. It had been a while since anyone had comforted her and she would’ve never imagined that her kpop bias would be the one to break that record. 
 
“Ah thank you!” she managed to respond, but she had been a bit late and the elevator doors had already closed. She mentally slapped herself and was left wondering if he had heard her. Part of her hoped so, but another part of her wished for the opposite, feeling that she had made fool of herself enough. 
 
**End of flashback**
 
“But Sora unnie won’t believe me,” she complained. Mina stirred from her sleep a bit, catching Jenny’s attention. “He’s so sweet, Mina.” 
 
Jenny, as gently as possible, lifted Mina up and walked over to her crib and placed her inside. “You would like him. He’s perfect,” Jenny smiled as she leaned on the crib’s edge. “I think I’m in love with him,” she paused before giggling, “even more than before.”
 
*~NOTE~*
ivylicious18 and zyrenahre_14 thank you so much for your lovely comments and also thank you so much to my new subscribers, CindyNguyen and xtinamaria and of course my old ones too! (gosh i hope i didn't leave anyone out...i sure hope i didn't!) haha ;D ya'll know who u are!! :D This chapter is up cause of you guys! haha ^^ Ah~~So hope you liked this chapter and well if you care to comment...comment! :D I love to read what you guys think! You all motivate me!!!
 
P.S. Doesn't Jaejoong just look beautiful in above picture? keke....Its from his Nature Republic photoshoot....hehehe couldn't help but feel that was the reassuring smile he'd give when comforting someone! In this case, my OC, Jenny! 
 
P.S.S.
Once again thank you to all those reading! Well...bye for now!~~~