Chapter 1: Solid Beginnings

First Impressions, Permanent or Not?

 

Solid Beginnings

 
“Sora! You promised you would be here an hour ago! Ah, I know but- okay, just come up already I’m going to be late,” Jenny responded into her cellphone before flipping it close. She sighed heavily as she folded the last pair of clothes from the dryer. “She’s never punctual. Why do I even bother?”
 
“I’m here~” Sora announced in a sing song voice as she walked in with large shopping bags.
 
“What is all this?” Jenny asked in surprise as Sora lazily plopped down on the sofa. 
 
“Shopping bags silly!” 
 
*Why do I even bother?* “Alright, alright. Mina’s lunch is already prepared-”
 
“-Thank God, you know me too well. I hate cooking-”
 
*What don’t you hate?* “-Mina is sound asleep so please don’t make too much noise?” she begged as she put on her sweater and grabbed her bag.
 
“What? Me! Jenny! When do I?” Sora replied in the greatest shock. Truth was she was a scandalous young adult, but truth also was that she disliked others commenting on her attitude.
 
“Well, just don’t put very loud music or talk on the phone too loud-”
 
“Jen! I’m shocked and appalled! I never-”
 
“-I know, I know,” Jenny sighed tiredly. “Just, please?” she begged before hugging her friend. “Be good.”
 
“I a-”
 
“You are, I know,” she winked at her before leaving. 
 
 
“Please- I know, I know. I’m almost there I just- alright, I understand,” Jenny felt like crying at how her day was going, to be honest how her whole week was going. *It can’t get any worse* she tried to convince herself. *could it?*
 
Her boss was scolding her again, via phone at least, but she was nonetheless hurt. True, it was her fault. She had just been promoted and there she was, getting to work late, misplacing important documents, he had reason to reconsider his actions, but it wasn’t like Jenny to be so clumsy, so forgetful, and irresponsible. In fact, she wasn’t all these, she simply had a lot of things on her head and more kept piling up day by day.
 
“Thank you,” she responded to the taxi driver as she paid him and walked into a large building in the center of LA. 
 
She was currently working as a secretary to an important music producer. She was good with papers, or at least was. Her job consisted of keeping record of who was doing what and what was going on, basically configuring and handing out schedules. She rarely got to meet with all the famous people that walked into the building, but she didn’t mind and even if she did she couldn’t really do anything about it.
 
*Ok, coffee- check. Papers- check. Oh no!* A file had slipped out of her hands and as she reached down to get it she spilled coffee on her white blouse. “Ah!” she exclaimed. “Why does that always happen to me?” she reprimanded herself as she tried to clean her shirt. Hopeless. It was going to leave a stain. She simply left it as it was and got her file and papers together, threw away the coffee and as she heard the “ting” of the elevator she rushed to it, but to her great misfortune it was already closing.
 
“No! Wait! Someone! Please hold it!” she cried out as she tried to run with her heels. They clacked loudly, she was making a fool of herself as she ran frantically towards the elevator, but at the moment, under her circumstances she didn’t care. She was late. She needed to get into that elevator. She had to get to work.
 
To much of her surprise, just as she had almost given hope, a hand reached from between the metal elevator doors, causing them to retreat. “Ah, thank you sooooo much-” her words broke as her eyes took in just who had stopped the elevator, who stood before her and just as her poor heart tried to take in what was happening an image of how she looked came back to her. The poor thing had a file messily filled with papers, her shoulder bag hanging in an odd form due to her running, her stark white blouse now had a deep brown stain from the coffee and to worsen things she was panting heavily and some loose curls came down on her face, her bun falling apart, her life was definitely falling apart.
 
“Your welcome,” an angelic voice chuckled. 
 
 
 
 
*~NOTE~*
Thank you to my subscribers, babycole1619 and DongBang Suju! Thank you, DongBang Suju for your lovely comment, hope that this update was to your liking!
Oh and another thing, before I forget if you all know anyone who's willing to make me a poster for this fic. I'd much appreciate it! :D I'm sorta still new to this website so still don't know everything that there is to know so I'd really appreciate your help! Well, thank you once again!