Too obvious

♥ Ontae Drabbles ♥

Taemin stepped into the backstage grumpily. It was his birthday but nothing was going right. The microphones were too soft and not sensitive enough, and worse still, he doesn't get to sit next to Onew hyung because the members implemented a seating arrangement just for his birthday because the two of them were being "too obvious". Jonghyun's words. And they knew that Taemin would do whatever he liked on his birthday which meant... Being even more obvious. In his defense, he only wanted to be happy on his birthday; and Onew hyung is what makes him happy. Being "obvious" was only a side effect. 
 
Taemin glared at Onew who seemed as oblivious as ever before. They didn't even get to share the vehicle on the way here. Instead, he was stuck with Minho. The Minho who is now making the leader laugh dorkily. Some kind of birthday this is. Taemin fired imaginary lasers at Minho. Onew's laugh belong to me. 
 
"Hyung!" Taemin called out, diverting his boyfriend's attention. Onew turned back with the smile still there, and it pulled out wider at the sight of his lover. Taemin jogged up quickly to the leader, his irritation lessening simply at the smile of his boyfriend. 
 
"Minnie!" Onew beamed, before letting out a string of giggles. "Minho said our suits look like some icecream. And when he said that, I thought of you." 
 
"Give me your jacket," Taemin demanded. Shrugging his own off his shoulders. 
 
"What?" Onew cocked his head to the side cutely in confusion. "What for?" 
 
"I want to feel you near me. Give me your jacket," Taemin demanded childishly. 
 
"I am near you," Onew chuckled, blushing just slightly. Minho laughed aloud, clutching his abdomen. 
 
"He's jealous, hyung," Minho announced, resting his arm over Onew's shoulder tauntingly. Taemin gritted his teeth together in a snarl. 
 
"Am not," he denied. "I just like his jacket's color better, can I not?" he growled lowly. Onew quickly shrugged off his jacket and placed it on Taemin's shoulder. 
 
"Now, now, don't make my birthday boy unhappy," Onew whined. "But Minnie, the noonas matched our colors to our pants. The colors don't really match." Still, he put on Taemin's jacket obediently. 
 
"I don't see it," Taemin huffed in denial. Onew rubbed his shoulder comfortingly, a pleasant grin fixed on his face from happiness of knowing his lover was jealous. 
 
"Kibum will make him change it," Minho mocked. "Just you see." 
 
When they went back to sit in the potential winners crowd, Taemin kept a straight face, forcing himself not to pout too much because his hyung was not sitting next to him. His hyung, on the other hand, was talking to everyone animatedly. Jonghyun. Minho. Taemin folded his arms unhappily, hoping that Onew would learn to stop pissing him off on his own. Taemin felt like there was no one to talk to him because his Onew hyung was not next to him. That was until Kibum tapped on his shoulder. 
 
"You changed your jacket," he commented disapprovingly. 
 
"What about it?" Taemin tilted his chin forward, daring Kibum to make him change. 
 
"It doesn't fit, you idiot. The poor noonas will be crying behind because of you."
 
"Make me change," Taemin answered back defiantly. He could already see Minho smirking in the corner. 
 
"Onew hyung!" Kibum called out. Jinki turned back curiously while Minho pulled a straight face. 
 
"Taemin says he wants to challenge you to a fanservice striptease." Jinki pointed to himself in slight confusion. "And for the sake of fashion, please change your jackets while you're at it." 
 
Minho burst out laughing and so did Jinki. Taemin just blushed faintly. A striptease sounded tempting. He locked his eyes with Jinki's halfcrescents and in synchronization, they started to pull off their jackets all the while staring at each other's chest, just like how Key wanted them to. Taemin smirked suggestively but it quickly became a bright wide grin from watching his lover's body covered in that thin layer of white which was slightly see through because of the lighting, and because of their close proximity. 
 
"I don't get your jacket now, but I'll get your body tonight," Taemin announced not too softly when he leaned over to place the jacket on Jinki's chair. 
 
"Looks like I've got myself some tonight," he raised his eyebrow up and down at Minho, bringing another wave of laughter and a victorious hi-5. 
 
"What are you all laughing about?" Jonghyun called over from the end of the line. Taemin leaned over behind Kibum with a smirk to reply his hyung's question. 
 
"You'd better get out of the dorm tonight if you don't want us to be too obvious." 
 

 

 
Here's my take on all the changing of jackets because everyone's so curious. And also because I don't like the focus on Onho's hi5 xP because to me that is a Ontae moment; and no one can steal that xD