Fighting Inner Demons (angst)

♥ Ontae Drabbles ♥

 

When Jinki cries, no one knows what to do. It's a different issue if they were tears of happiness or those he shed when he feels touched. But when those are tears of sadness and frustration, everyone freezes up with a sense of hopelessness. Jinki knows that and so he tries never to cry before the members; but holding back his emotions build a huge dam within himself that threatened to fall apart any moment. So when Taemin finds the leader shaking as he hides underneath his blanket, soft sounds of sniffing coming from beneath, Taemin feels his heart break. He almost feels angry for which ever person or thing that made his perpetually smiling hyung hit his breaking point.

 

Taemin doesn't say a word. He climbs into the bed beside the bundled figure and hugs the cocoon of blankets tightly in his embrace. He can feel Jinki pressing closer to his hold, the soft sobs getting even harsher. He lets Jinki cry, simply holding the leader tightly in his arms. He doesn't let go even when the room gets a little too cold for him, he doesn't let go even when he was pretty certain from the deep constant breathing that Jinki had fallen asleep.

 

When Jinki wakes up, he wakes up to the warmth and comfort of Taemin's arms. When Jinki wakes up, it is to the silent scream of Taemin showing him his worth. When Jinki wakes up in Taemin's tight embrace, he is reminded that with all the things he has done wrong, there were things he did right because Taemin is there. When Jinki wakes up, he realizes that if there was a reason to continue fighting, it would be the man before him because Jinki can't fathom what Taemin would do if Jinki just gave up. Jinki felt like he didn't deserve to be the one to take away the happiness in such a sincere person. Even if the reasons were wrong, Jinki continues to fight only because Taemin is there to battle the demons with him.

 


 




 

I guess by now you guys would know that I write angst when I'm feeling down so... Yea.