Routine

♥ Ontae Drabbles ♥

"Taemin-ah, I'm home," Jinki greeted, popping his head in their shared room. The five members shared one room with Jinki having the only single bed as the leader. 

"Oh, welcome back hyung," Taemin greeted, feet in the air while he kept a spread of sheets over his bed, writing in some of them and then referring to some others. 

"Need any help?" Jinki asked kindly, setting his bag down by the desk and then taking a seat next to Taemin. 

"Not at the moment," Taemin smiled gratefully and continued his homework. Jinki couldn't resist ruffling Taemin's soft head of hair before he stood up. 

"I'm going to work on some stuff then. When you're done, tell me and we'll go out for some ice cream," Jinki instructed. 

"Neh!" Taemin replied excitedly, seeming having cheered up from having to do all his schoolwork. 

Their normal routine always went like that. The other members liked to hang out with friends outside the dorms during their free time but Taemin was always tirelessly studying for the endless tests he had in school to cover for his absence in class, while Jinki had various paperwork to handle as a leader in order that schedules run on smoothly without problems. Sometimes, Taemin would run into problems and he would turn to Jinki for help, who seemed to know all the answers to his questions. Sometimes Jinki needed a second opinion and despite being younger, Taemin wasn't afraid to offer just that. Sometimes they simply sat in silence, working on their separate paperwork and Jinki would walk out at some point only to bring them both some hot chocolate. 

At the end of the day, if they completed all their assigned work, Jinki would bring the younger out for a walk, often rewarding themselves with some ice-cream or a snack of sort. Sometimes Taemin would draw out his own wallet and pay for their indulgence, other times Jinki would insist on paying as the eldest. But despite the between the two, they treated each other as equals. Taemin would worry about Jinki tripping over his own two feet, Jinki would worry about Taemin's lack of time to sleep; Taemin would help Jinki remember the dance steps, Jinki would guide Taemin along with singing; Taemin would bring Jinki sweets for energy during their schedules and Jinki would bring Taemin chocolate for studying. It was the simple things like these that made them closer than just members per say. Taemin didn't know when but he had started to treat his leader more like a family member than just a fellow member. 

"Hyu-" Taemin stopped himself when he saw the leader fast asleep on his own arms, the schedules ignored in front of him. Taemin couldn't help but smile. Jinki always seemed to work so hard for all of them and the stack of schedules was just proof of that. Taemin kept his now done work and pulled his own blanket off his bed. He covered the leader carefully while the elder went on sleeping. Taemin knows how tiring schedules can go. He has been let off on a huge bulk of practice to accommodate his school and also because he has so little lines. 

Taemin squat in front of the bed, watching with his palms supporting his chin. Jinki looked so adorable like this. His lips formed in a pout and his chubby cheeks just seemed more pinchable with the sheets pressing against it. Taemin turned off the lights and closed the door after him. He may not get his ice-cream, but maybe just letting Jinki rest was good enough for him. 

 

 


 

 

 

I thought of updating this later when I'm actually on my computer but heck, I decided it might be more fun to update when I'm all around the world (like I know I have updated in Hong Kong and China before). I'm now in Italy! I have been dreaming of coming here for years and now I'm finally here. But it's my last night here :( I'll be heading home tomorrow. I'll try to update one of my stories tomorrow when I transit in Turkey (just so I have another country in my record of where I have ever updated LOL) but only if I am able to get internet in the airport of course xD

I'm sorry if I have not been commenting on all of your stories and also all of your lovely comments. I have read them but it isn't very convinient to reply when I'm on phone with limited internet so I'll try and comment when I'm back in my own country.