Stupid Fluff

♥ Ontae Drabbles ♥

I posted this on tumblr a few days back because mobile AFF was being an on formatting, and I finally got the chance to post it up here. 


Taemin never thought that he would be the jealous one. He was fine with his boyfriend doing fan service with the other members. In fact, he was glad that Jinki was so happy with the strong friendship bonds the elder had. But when he stared at the leader peacefully sleeping in his bed with a sheepish grin, muscular arms and shapely thighs wrapped tightly around a body pillow with only a pair of boxers to separate them, Taemin felt a… jolt in his heart. It was hard to explain. It wasn’t something he was used to experiencing. But wait, he experienced this before years ago… When was it again? Ah! It was when Jinki was playing with that bubble gun, shooting it at Luna continuously. What was this feeling? Whatever it was, Taemin didn’t like it one bit.

 


 

Like every healthy relationship, Taemin decided to breach the topic with his lover. He told Jinki how he didn’t like the way Jinki hugged the body pillow. “You have a boyfriend, me. You should be hugging me instead of that inanimate object,” Taemin teased, hoping that Jinki would accept his statement despite his joking tone.

 

"No offense, Taem," Jinki laughed. "I love you and everything, and I love every curve of your body but you’re not exactly the softest thing to hug to sleep. Plus, I don’t want to squeeze you too tight or stifle you in your sleep," Jinki explained, picking up the body pillow and putting it on his lap and fluffing it up for emphasis.

 

"You wouldn’t stifle me or squeeze me too tight. I like it when you hold me too," Taemin protested with a pout. "I don’t like seeing you hug that thing to sleep when you could be hugging me."

 

Jinki roared in laughter, putting away the body pillow. He pat his lap, indicating for Taemin to settle there. Taemin obeyed, resting upon Jinki’s muscular thighs in a comfortable cradle. Jinki only pinched Taemin’s nose teasingly. “Is my Taem jealous of my body pillow?” The laughter was held back from Jinki’s statement but it could still be heard clearly in his tone.

 

"Of course not!" Taemin nearly shouted. "I- it’s just- it’s just that I- I sleep better in your arms!" Taemin blurted, his face a bright red in color.

 

"You’re adorable," Jinki chuckled with a knowing grin.

 

"You know what?" Taemin huffed, hopping off of Jinki’s lap. "You can sleep with that-that thing for all I care! I’m not jealous of a stupid fluff!" Taemin shouted and stomped out of the room. Jinki had to stifle giggles at his boyfriend’s adorable and obvious emotions.

 

That night, Taemin returned back to the dorms later than the other members due to a solo schedule. When he entered the leader’s room only to see the elder fast asleep while still hugging his body pillow despite their earlier discussion, Taemin huffed with a pout quickly forming on his lips. Letting out a sigh and shaking his head softly, he resigned to climbing in bed with the stupid body pillow creating a barrier between them.

 

"Stupid Jinki," Taemin mumbled somewhat disappointed. For a moment, it was almost like Jinki smirked in his sleep. As Taemin stared at Jinki’s peaceful sleeping face, his eyes adjusted to the darkness that the leader loved to sleep in. Slowly, he began to realize that the body pillow that Jinki was hugging, wasn’t the usual one he had. The previous one had just been a plain single colored design. This one had intricate drawings on it. Squinting his eyes against the darkness to get a better look what his boyfriend was hugging, he started to make out a figure printed on the body pillow.

 

Taemin propped himself up on his elbow as he made out the shapes and lines printed on the cloth before he finally let out a snort. The image of Jinki smiling in his sleep as he hugged a body pillow with Taemin’s half picture printed on it was just about the most pleasing sight Taemin has seen in awhile. Taemin grinned to himself as he laid back down, the stinging in his heart finally gone. Brushing his finger lightly on the tip of the leader’s nose, he sighed happily. “Maybe I was jealous of that stupid fluff after all.”