Love Me A Little More

♥ Ontae Drabbles ♥

 


When Jinki awakes, the first thing he sees as he opens his eyes is his boyfriend still asleep topless before him. The younger looked peaceful in his sleep, letting out huffs of breaths as he snoozed. Jinki felt his stomach tighten. What has he done to deserve this beautiful man? 

 

His partner may be younger, but he was still way more ambitious than Jinki could ever imagine himself being. There were days when Jinki felt lost of direction, as if he was still chasing a childhood dream of being a singer. He felt like he was following this path only because he was already on it rather than it being his true callings. There was something more he wanted to do, and yet he didn't know what that something was. Taemin, on the other hand, knew exactly what he wanted. First, he aimed to become, from a dancer, to a singer - and he made it. Then he aimed for the group to get a Daesung - and true enough, they did. Next, he aimed for a solo, and the company saw his efforts and granted him that wish. Taemin aimed to be a lyricist and managed to get the permission to perform one of his written songs amongst the many before the fans. Taemin always had an aim he was working towards, and sometimes Jinki envied that. Jinki feels like he has forgotten how that passionate determination feels like. 

 

Despite being older, Jinki could never fathom himself being as hardworking as the other was. Taemin was always practicing till the wee hours of the night. He was always pursuing new knowledge through different means. He soughted out choreographers to ask how his own choreography could be improved. He would sit next to Jonghyun as he composes to understand even a little of how to piece the notes together. He would train his vocals till his range widened, and Jinki watches as Taemin work so hard, so passionately, and he feels his heart pinch. How could such a small figure hold so much perfection? 

 

Even though he was younger, the sleeping figure was possibly the best lover Jinki could have ever wished for. Taemin was beautiful from inside and out. His pure heart of just wanting to be a good person, always never failed Jinki. Taemin never laughed at him when he did something wrong. He never misunderstood when Jinki was frustrated rather than fooling around. Taemin was always there when Jinki was dazed and out of it. He was there to hold Jinki together when the elder was falling apart from the seams. There were plenty of times Taemin simply looked at Jinki as if Jinki was everything, but Jinki doesn't let himself believe. Jinki can't believe that such a perfect soul could love someone as broken as him. 

 

Jinki leans over to place a chaste fluttering kiss upon Taemin's closed eyelid. How could it be that this little angel is mine? Taemin squirms against the pillow, muttering incoherently until a mumbled "hyung..." leaves his lips. Jinki smiles down gently at the younger and he wonders if there could be anyone else who could look as gorgeous as Taemin did then with all his messy bed hair and sleep-laced voice. Taemin's clumsy arm reaches out for Jinki to pull the elder closer, and Jinki simply glides along. 

 

"Morning, hyung," Taemin mumbled again, leaving a swift peck on Jinki's unguarded lips. 

 

"Morning, Taem," Jinki answers, pressing another small peck on Taemin's forehead. How can he be all mine? "Can you..." 

 

"Hmm?" Taemin prompts when Jinki trails off in hesitance. 

 

"... Love me a little more today, will you?" Jinki whispers shyly. Taemin squeezes against Jinki a little tighter at the request, arms going around to hold Jinki's shoulder blades. 

 

"Always," Taemin affirms. 

 

Jinki appreciates how Taemin never asks him the awkward 'what's wrong?' that he can't answer to, or the 'are you okay's that he'll probably lie to. Jinki appreciates how Taemin understands what he means without having spell it all out. 

 

Taemin spends the rest of the day practically glued to Jinki's side, blatantly displaying their skinship and showering Jinki with sweet nothings even before the other members. Jinki basks in the love Taemin offers him. Taemin would love Jinki in every way possible, complimenting the leader on shows, beaming smiles his way, and always having some sort of touch between them. When the day draws to an end, Jinki's arms circles Taemin's waist as the water rushes down on their hair and gradually drains away. He leans his chin on Taemin's shoulder, returning the love that Taemin has given him; but before he could open his mouth to thank Taemin for fulfilling his wish, Taemin does it first. 

 

"Thanks, hyung," the younger squeezed Jinki's hands that were placed upon his firm abdomen. "Thanks for telling me instead of making me play the guessing game." 

 

Jinki wonders how anyone could be more perfect than his partner, Lee Taemin.

 

 


 

It's been a while since I posted in this huh? Well, this one came out on an impulse but I'm actually trying out a new thing where I try to write something to all the songs of SHINee. So far I have 3, but I'm trying to write more. Idk how long it would take since they have so many songs but we'll see how that goes.