Comfort

♥ Ontae Drabbles ♥

Taemin watch the leader cry softly in the corner of the room, while he just sat there silently accompanying the elder. The tears were just falling almost without reason, and Jinki had long learned to keep them silent. Taemin was on his knees in front of him, just quietly patting his knee and drumming fingers against his skin.

 

"Come here, hyung," Taemin demanded opening his arms wide in welcome. Jinki wiped at his tears, his lips in a faked grin to hide his emotions.

 

"No, no, I'm fine," the leader insisted.

 

"Come here, I want a hug from you," Taemin ushered, tingling his fingers in anticipation. Jinki slowly circled his arms around Taemin's slender waist, burying his embarrassed face into the younger's chest. Taemin wrapped his arms protectively over Jinki's back and pat his palm in a rhythmic action. "You know you'll end up telling me about it," Taemin cooed without any other opening. Jinki shook his head against Taemin's chest, wrinkling the shirt in the process. Taemin rubbed Jinki's back in a soothing manner, holding back a sigh.

 

"Hyung, I'm here to listen. You know I wouldn't speak a word of it to anyone else," Taemin assured. Jinki sniffed softly digging his head down further, nuzzling against Taemin's chest.

 

"I know," he murmured almost inaudibly. "It's nothing much, really. I'm just... overreacting."

 

"Whatever it is, I'm here for you hyung. I'm always here for you. If it makes you upset, it's something worth listening to."

 

"It was just a prank," Jinki countered, his fake smile plastered back on his face even though there was no one to see it.

 

"A bad prank," Taemin corrected. "It made you upset."

 

"They didn't mean it," Jinki answered, protecting the other party.

 

"But they still did it," Taemin replied sharply.

 

"They apologized," Jinki whimpered.

 

"So why did you still come back crying?" Taemin asked softly.

 

"I don't fit in," Jinki answered. "I don't know when they're joking and when they're serious. I... I'm just a party pooper."

 

"Hyung," Taemin finally let out a sigh; clasping his palms on either side of Jinki's cheeks, bringing his face out of its hiding. "No matter what happens, remember that there are people who loves you. Your parents love you, the fans love you, the sunbaenims love you, the hoobaes loves you, the members love you; and I, I love you more than anything in the world. So whenever you feel down, remind yourself that there are still so many people on this world that loves you for who you are. So please. Please stay the same Jinki hyung that we all know and love. You don't have to change for people who doesn't understand you for who you are; do you understand me?"

 

"Really?" Jinki looked up at Taemin with pleading puppy dog eyes. Taemin smiled warmly at the elder and nodded.

 

"Yes, really." Jinki let out a weak chuckle and cuddled against Taemin once more.

 

"Thank you, Tae-ah." Taemin pat the elder's soft hair softly in a comforting manner. He waited till the leader was finally soundly asleep before smiling sadly to himself.

 

"You don't seem to get it, hyung; I just told you that I loved you more than anything else in the world," Taemin whispered softly to himself. “And I really mean it.”