A Not-So-Great Night Out

Surprisingly Famous

"EVIEEEEEE!!!!!! Wake up, wake up, wake upp!!" Her bedroom lights switched on.

Evie groaned and covered her head with her pillow. It had been two weeks since she had settled into her apartment with her flatmate, Sung Jung Mi. She hadn't gotten a decent night's sleep since. Her extremely hyper and loud new-found friend left the apartment only after noon and came back in the wee hours of the morning and Evie had no clue what she did during those hours. Evie usually woke up before the sun rose and was out the door an hour later to get to the location of the new Sweet On You to oversee the renovation and fittings. It was nearly done so things were hectic. She had to make sure everything was perfect for opening day.

She felt her bed bounced and a sharp poke in her back. "EEEVIEEEEE. Wake up! I've got great news!!"

Evie turned her head to squint at her bedside clock. 3am. She was supposed to get up in two hours and not now. She flipped onto her back and glared at Jung Mi.

"What??"

"Oooh. Somebody got up on the wrong side of bed this morning!"

"I shouldn't even be awake right now, so what's so great that you had to wake me up at 3 freakin' a.m?" Evie said sarcastically.

Something was shoved in her face and it was so close she got cross-eyed. Grabbing what Jung Mi was holding she stared at it and looked at Jung Mi, not understanding. She waved it in the air and asked what it was.

"They're passes!! and not just ANY sort of passes but passes to the most exclusive event of the entire year!" Jung Mi said excitedly.

"I mean really...Playboy? Jung Mi... are you lesbian? 'Cause you're excited over a Playboy event," Evie said incredulously.

"WHAT?! NO!! That's not playboy! Those are passes to GD&TOP's event at Rococo!" She was now bouncing up and down on the bed making Evie dizzy.

"Uh... so it's playgirl? What in the world is GD&TOP and Rococo??" Evie was blur. Not only was it 3 a.m and her brain wasn't working but she had completely no idea what Jung Mi was talking about.

"Oh. Mai. GAWD." That was said in English. "GD&TOP are not a what but WHO!!! They're like the coolest rappers ever in the music industry and GD's a genius and he writes most of Bigbang's songs but TOP also writes too but just not as much. I'm totally in love with G-Dragon. He. Is. So. HOT. Although Seungri the maknae is pretty cute too and so much more mature since Strong Baby. Ahhh!! I'm going crazyy! Bigbang is explosive and I can't wait for their comeba-"

Evie just stared at Jung Mi, tuning everything else out. She was usually pretty hyper already but now she was like a woman possessed. She didn't get half of what Jung Mi said although she heard something about a dragon and the cosmic explosion that created the world. Probably some Asian thing. *Yawn* She was just so tired she could barely keep her eyes open.

"Evie? Helloooo, earth to Evieee! Are you listening to me?" Jung Mi waved her hand in front of Evie's face.

Evie just nodded sleepily.

"So you'll go with me right? It's on Saturday. Everyone else is busy on that night, I don't know why and I want a friend to go with me and you absolutely just have to go! You'll LOVE GD&TOP! So you'll go? You're going? YES!!! I love you!! But of course not in a romantic way just as a friend. Ohmaigawd. I have to go tell Ki Joon! He'll be so jealous! Okay. You can go back to sleep now. See you tomorrow... or today since it's already morning." Jung Mi laughed and was out of her bedroom in a flash.

Through all that, Evie had just nodded her head to everything Jung Mi had said, just wanting to go back to sleep as soon as possible. Before the bedroom door had shut, she was already fast asleep.
 

Two Days Later

"Hey, Jung Mi. You're back early today." Evie said surprised. It was only 6 p.m. Evie was cooking a simple pasta meal for dinner.

"What? We have to get ready for tonight! Why are you cooking??" Jung Mi asked, confused.

"Huh? What's on tonight? Are we going somewhere?"

"I knew you'd forget! Tonight is the GD&TOP event at Rococo! We have to get ready. Look your best! We might even get to appear in their music video." Jung Mi said while pushing Evie towards her bedroom.

"GD&TOP? Huh? Wha-" The door was shut in her face before she could finish. She could hear Jung Mi's bedroom door slamming across the hall. Evie shrugged and just went to bathe.

After she was done, she came out of her room to find Jung Mi waiting for her.

"What the hell are you wearing? You can't wear jeans! We're going to a club for goodness' sake!" Jung Mi cried. "Come here. You can borrow one of my dresses since we're about the same size. Heels too." She chucked a dress at Evie and ordered her to change.

"I have my own-" Once again she was cut short by the door slamming in her face. Evie sighed and held up the dress in front of her. It was shorter and ier than she was used to but it wasn't like she didn't wear dresses. She had lived in Paris for crying out loud. She tried it on and unsurprisingly it fit. Evie was slim but wasn't thin so the dress fit her snugly. It was made of some sort of sparkly black material and the dress came down to mid-thigh. A high neckline in the front and long sleeves, contrasted with the of the dress and dropped down to her waist. It was understated at first glance that changed to classy iness when she turned her back. She liked it. She slipped on a pair of black strappy heels that Jung Mi had left for her and walked to the living room.

Jung Mi herself was wearing a red dress with coloured pumps. She nodded in approval when she saw Evie. "Damn. You look hotter than me, girl. Time to go~!!"

They were in the taxi when Evie spoke, breaking into Jung Mi's dreamland thoughts. "So... who are GD&TOP again?"

"Woman, I knew you weren't listening to me the other night! I can't believe you don't know who they are!" Jung Mi cried in disbelief. "Okay. They're only like the biggest idol stars in the Korean music scene. Tonight's event at Rococo is organized by YG, their company, so that they can film the music video for their latest single, High High. I got passes through my friend's friend who's the manager of the club, in case you're wondering."

"I wasn't but you can't really blame me for not knowing who they are. I lived in the US most of my life studying my off and then when I moved to Paris I was too busy to hear find out about Korean music when I'm even out of touch with the American ones!" She protested.

They both paid their taxi fare and exited the car. They had finally arrived at the club. It was jam packed with people and there was a long queue outside. Loud music beats could be heard from outside and there were two huge bouncers standing by the entrance. Jung Mi stood next to her in her five-inch heels and even then Evie was still taller by half a head. She heard Jung Mi take a deep breath and fished out the passes from her purse. Like a complete change had come over her, Jung Mi strutted right up to the bouncers in front swaying her hips seductively, catching their attention. Evie was right behind her receiving all the glares from the girls waiting in line. Jung Mi said something to them that Evie couldn't hear over the loud music and they let them in.

"JUNG MI!!" Evie yelled at her to slow down. The music was extremely loud and she could barely hear her own self.

"YAH. HOW DID WE GET IN SO FAST?" She yelled into Jung Mi's ear.

She thought she saw Jung Mi's mouth move forming the words 'VIP passes' but couldn't be sure. She grabbed Jung Mi's arm to get her attention once more.

"HEY. WHAT DO GD&TOP LOOK LIKE??" Evie screamed the words and right at the moment the song changed so there was a lull in the music. Obviously, everyone heard her. They all turned and glared at her with angry stares like she was crazy. Evie blushed red. Right. Here she was at a GD&TOP exclusive event and she didn't even know what they looked like. Finally, the music resumed and everyone turned away. Jung Mi grabbed her hand and dragged her to the bar.

"ARE YOU INSANE?? You're trying to get yourself killed, aren't you? If there are other fans here, they will kill you! Ohmaigawdd." There was that 'Ohmygod' thing in English again. Jung Mi did a face-palm and just looked worried. 

"I'm sorry, Jung Mi. You're probably so embarrassed by me right now. Leave me here. I'll be fine. I won't leave this seat." Evie hung her head. She felt terrible. Everyone had probably seen Evie talking to Jung Mi so now Jung Mi looked bad. 

"Are you sure? I could stay here with you..." Jung Mi offered reluctantly. Evie could hear it in her voice but didn't feel offended. She knew Jung Mi wanted to have fun and go all out tonight.

"Yeah. I'm sure. I'll just stay here and watch." Evie reassured her. Jung Mi nodded and went back to the dance floor. Soon Evie could see her dancing and busting her y moves attracting every guy's attention.

Sighing at the turn of events, Evie ordered a tequila and sat there sipping it. Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and saw three girls standing in front of her with hostile expressions on their face. They were all dolled up with thick makeup on and wearing low cut, ty skin tight dresses.

"Uh... can I help you?" Evie asked cautiously.

"Of course! You can help us by leaving the club. NOW." That was 1. Her dress' neckline dropped down to her belly button and it displayed half her s.

"I don't even know how you managed to get in here but you clearly don't belong and are not qualified to be a VIP. So do yourself a favor and leave." 2 had reached out her hand and shoved Evie's shoulder.

"I'm real sorry for the incident just now but I'm here accompanying my friend and I can't leave just yet." Evie gritted her teeth. She was trying to be real nice but they weren't helping.

"You ! After declaring to everyone in the club that you don't even know what our oppas look like, you don't deserve to even set foot in the same district as them! And now you dare go against us? You think just because you're foreign you can be all high and mighty and act like you're better than us??!" 3 practically screamed at Evie, so infuriated that she was almost spitting saliva.

"Just because I don't know your oppas doesn't make me a . Do your oppas even know you exist?" Evie countered back, having enough of all the name calling.

1 suddenly grabbed Evie's drink and splashed its contents in Evie's face. Evie gasped in shock and just sat there surprised, not knowing how to react. All three girls smirked at her.

"Now, you have to leave. Kah!" In unison, the three of them turned and walked away from her.

There were a few other people nearby who had watched the whole thing happen but none of them seemed like they cared what unfolded. Mightily pissed by now, Evie grabbed the napkin on the table and wiped her face as best as she could then walked to the washroom with as much dignity as she could, which was none, because the wet splash on her dress showed clearly even on the black and her hair was also dripping a little.

In the washroom, Evie washed her face, tried to clean her dress a little with no success and touched up on the little eyeliner that she had put on. She glared into the mirror refusing to give in to the tears threatening to spill. Thank God she was alone in the washroom. It was almost like high school all over again when she used to be teased mercilessly for wearing braces and being a nerd. Her boyfriend had dumped her for the school cheerleader captain after he had gotten back his grades from her tutoring. She had been humiliated every single day after that. When she had finally gotten out of high school, Evie had been ecstatic to be able to leave all that behind her. Her grandmother had never understood why she was so happy to go to a university that was so far away from home.

Sniffing a little, Evie wiped away a tear that had escaped. Taking a deep breath, she patted her cheeks to try to get a grip on herself. Now, she had to leave as one of the girls had said. Thinking of how to find Jung Mi in all that chaos on the dance floor without antagonizing anyone, she left the washroom looking down at her dress trying to cover the stain. Evie wasn't really paying attention to where she was walking so tt was inevitable that she bumped into someone.

"YAH! You should watch where you're going. Do you even know who I am?" Great. It was guy. An antagonistic one at that.

"Oh crap. I'm such a clutz. Joesonghaeyo." Evie bowed slightly without looking up and turned away. She didn't want him to recognize her from the earlier incident if he had been there. It would just add fuel to the fire.

Suddenly, she felt a hand grab her arm. "You're not going to apologize properly? You should at least know who you're talking to when you apologize!"

Getting angry for the second time that night, she snapped back. "I already apologized. If you don't want to accept it then it's your problem. I don't care who you-" Evie stopped in mid-sentence.

She had turned around and finally looked at who she was talking to... and got the shock of her life.