An Invitation

Surprisingly Famous

They sat there in silence for awhile even after the sun had gone down and the sky was dark. Finally, Seunghyun took his arm from around Evie's shoulders and stood up.

"Are we going back already?" Evie asked. Crap. She shouldn't have said that. Now she just sounded desperate like she wanted to spend more time with him.

"Yeah. It's getting late. We'll walk back together," he answered. He offered his hand to help her up so she took it.

Evie was half upright already when she suddenly slipped on the wet grass. "Aah!"

"Evie!"

For a split second while falling, Evie had this tiny hope, cliche as it may be, that Seunghyun would catch her in his arms. That was not to be however. Evie, instead of falling backwards, had somehow managed to fall forwards which made her movement a sort of lunge. She grabbed his waist expecting his body weight to hold both of them up but come on. Who was she kidding? This was Seunghyun she was talking about; clumsy, dorky Seunghyun.

"Oof!"

"Owwww." Seunghyun groaned. He had fallen backwards and his was definitely going to bruise. Evie was on top of him so she was probably alright. He groaned again.

"Oh my god! Seungie! Are you alright?" she clambered off him and in the process almost crushed his lungs by putting her hand on his chest while getting up and  accidentally kneed him in the you-know-where.

"AH. Ow ow ow owww," he howled and rolled onto his side. God, it felt like his whole body just exploded with pain.

"I'm sorry. So sorry. Sorryyy," Evie kept apologizing and tried to comfort him but Seunghyun waved her away.

"I'll be fine. Just... stay where you are. Don't. Move."

Evie watched on wide eyed while Seunghyun slowly recovered and he finally sat up.

"Are you blushing?? Come on. Let's go. I'll be fine," Seunghyun laughed and got up.

Evie turned away to hide her red face. Oh god. He's never going to like me now. She got up on her own and picked up her stuff on the ground and stood next to Seunghyun. She wasn't going to risk anything happening again.

They were walking back, both of them quiet, when Seunghyun suddenly spoke. "Seungie huh?"

"What?"

"You called me that just now," he smirked.

"D-did I? Uh... Must have been a slip of my tongue." Secretly, Evie knew it wasn't. It was what she called Seunghyun in her head. Her pet name for him so to speak.

"Hmm... I like it though. It's new. You can call me that if you want," he replied and quickly walked ahead of her.

"Really? Okay! By the way, you're not really good at the whole cliche drama thing are you? You know, back there, the falling and stuff," Evie jokingly said.

"Yah. I'll have you know I'm quite good when it comes to acting. I actually..." he trailed off and clicked his mouth shut.

"Actually what?"

"Uh. Nothing. Never mind. Don't forget to meet me tomorrow. I've got something to tell you," he quickly changed the subject no so subtly. Ah, that thing he was keeping from her that was making him nervous.

"Why not tonight?"

"It's Thursday," he said simply.

"Oh. I forgot," Thursday and Friday nights were the nights he shut himself in his room for hours. She wouldn't have known what he it was he did except she had gone into his apartment on one of those nights to collect something she had left by accident.


Flashback:

1 year ago

She knocked on door to Seunghyun's apartment.

"Seunghyun! I left my phone in there!" she called.

Odd. He wasn't answering. She tried the door handle and surprisingly it opened. Maybe he was out, she thought to herself. She walked in and saw her phone on the table. She quickly grabbed it and was about to exit when she her loud music beats coming from his room. Weird. He never listened to music when they were together. Out of the curiosity that killed the cat, she crept to his bedroom door. The music stopped and then started again. The door was ajar and she had never seen inside his room so she took a peek and what she saw fueled her curiosity even more.

Seunghyun was sitting at a huge desk with a pair of expensive looking headphones around his neck. Every time the music stopped, he put on his headphones then took them off. While the music played he scribbled something on the paper in front of him. It was then Evie noticed that everything in Seunghyun's room was all techie. There were two huge speakers on his huge desk, maybe table was more appropriate, which was where the music was coming from. There was also some sort of board with lots of buttons and dials and slide thingies, a microphone that didn't look normal, a massive iMac, there was also an electric keyboard and many other stuff. Yeap. She was technologically backward. A handphone and a computer were her limit.

She never knew Seunghyun owned such stuff and not to mention so many of them! She was shocked. It was like she didn't know Seunghyun at all. What did he do with all these things? Suddenly, Evie heard a voice come from the computer and she saw that his Skype was connected and was video conferencing. The guy said something in rapid Korean that made Seunghyun turn around to see her standing there. Yikes. The webcam! The guy must have seen her!

"Evie! W-w-what are you doing here?" Seunghyun asked, shocked. He got up and quickly ushered her out of his room.

"I came to get my phone when I heard music from your room. I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have come in without your permission but I needed my phone," Evie apologized.

"I-it's alright. Next time just wait for me to open the door for you, okay? I'm busy at the moment so I'll see you tomorrow," he was already opening the apartment door for her.

"Um. Okay. I'll talk to you la-" Before Evie could even finish the door was shut and he was gone.

The next day Seunghyun acted like nothing happened and every time Evie tried to ask him about it he would distract her or change the subject. In the end, Evie gave up and decided to take the hint that Seunghyun wasn't going to tell her.


Present Day:

They had reached their apartment building so they started walking up. Evie's was on the 2nd floor while Seunghyun's was on the 3rd. Since that day, she had never gone back to his apartment. They always met up either in her apartment or just went elsewhere. Evie reached her apartment and fumbled for her keys while Seunghyun waited for her to open her door.

"Hey... do you want to skip class tomorrow and spend the day with me? We could go to that new restaurant for lunch," Seunghyun suggested.

It wasn't the first time they had done this so Evie agreed easily. Both of them were always ahead of their professors in class so it was nothing to them. As Evie turned away to enter her apartment, Seunghyun reached out and gripped her arm. She turned to him in question and before she could say anything, Seunghyun leaned forward and kissed her cheek.

"Bye," he whispered and just as quickly he was up the stairs and gone.

Evie was stunned. She entered her apartment and locked it. Leaning against the door, she raised her hand to touch her cheek. Her mind was in chaos. That was the first time Seunghyun has ever done something like that. What had changed? It was going to be a long night trying to fall asleep. Now she had absolutely no clue what he wanted to tell her tomorrow.

______________________

Second chapter! It took me really long to finish this one for some reason. After all that, I still think it's quite a pointless chapter.

Read and tell me what you think! :)