Phone Call

Surprisingly Famous

Hey all! I've decided to give this fic another try. I was thinking maybe I was just lazy and didn't try writing this hard enough. I can't promise that I will update regularly or even at all, so please bear with me. ><
___________________________________________

It's been two weeks since Sweet On You Too opened. Yes, she had made a last minute change to the name because... well, because it just made sense like that. Business was slow but steady, promising for the long term. She didn't want her little shop to be a phase that just came and went. She knew that happened to many other bakeries and sooner or later, they were had to close, forced out by other competitors. She got along well with her staff and they got along well with her so every day or so she rewarded them with a slice of cake here or a pastry there. Jung Mi spent a lot of time in the bakery too when she was not sleeping or doing whatever is was that she did. She claimed that the 'wonderful smell of bread and cakes baking in that gigantic sized oven' cured her hangovers. Evie had just shrugged and let her stay however long she wanted to as long as she ordered something. Even a glass of water. See, she was a good friend.

It's also been two weeks since she saw Seunghyun. It's also been two weeks since she last heard anything from him. Meaning, in those two weeks, she hadn't gotten a. single. text. message. The gall of that guy!

Evie frowned. Wait. She had right to be mad at him didn't she? It's not like she didn't text because he didn't, it was because she didn't want to seem stalker-ish. After all, she did sort of come to Korea with him as a deciding factor. Also, she couldn't blame him for not texting if he was busy with his work and all that. Snapping out of her reverie, Evie called out in greeting to the customers who had just entered.

As they were deciding what cakes to order, she overheard the man speaking to the lady with him.

"Yeobo, what would you like to eat?"

"Hmm, we could get a cheese cake and a chocolate one for our daughter," she replied.

"Ah yes, she likes chocolate, doesn't she?" he smiled.

When they walked to the counter to order and pay, Evie thought of that Ahjussi she had met in Paris whom had spurred her decision to come to Korea. Wondering whether she still had his business card, she walked to the back room where the staff kept their belongings in separate lockers. She pulled out her Gucci purse that Rachelle had given to her as a going away present and dug through it. There! Found it! It was a little crumpled but nonetheless still readable. She pondered on whether to actually give the guy a call but thought, Ah, why not? He did say he expected a call from her if she ever came to Korea. 

She put the phone to her ear and waited for the call to get picked up. Soon she heard a man's voice.

"Anyeonghaseyo, Yang Hyun Suk here. May I know who is calling?" he queried politely.

"Anyeonghaseyo, Ahjussi!!! This is Evie!" She was so excited she was practically forgetting her Korean manners.

"I'm sorry, I think you got the wrong number. However, if you wish to audition please look on our website for more information."

Evie frowned now. Did she enter the wrong number? Audition? ?!! She quickly glanced at the business card, nope, it was the right name and she doubted it really was what it sounded like.

"Wait! Ahjussi, don't put down the phone!"

Toooot. Tooooot. Tooooot....

He actually put down the call! Pfftt! Growling under her breath, she re-dialed the number.

"Anyeonghaseyo, Yang Hyun Suk here. May I know who is calling?" Gosh. Did he say that every single time he answered the phone?

"Anyeonghaseyo, Yang Hyun Suk-sshi. I just called just now and you thought it was a wrong number but-"

"You again! I don't have time for prank callers. If you call again, I will report you to the police!" Click.

Evie gaped in astonishment, hanging open. Did he really hang up on her again?? What was wrong with this guy! Deciding she couldn't be bothered anymore she opened her locker to put the business card back in her purse when she hesitated. She felt like she owed him a call because he was the one who had put the idea in her head about opening in Korea. Sighing, she clicked redial on her phone once more.

"Anyeonghaseyo, Yang Hyun Suk here. May I know who is calling?" Ugh. She was getting tired of hearing that line.

"Anyeonghaseyo, Yang Hyun Suk-sshi. I'm calling from Sweet On You Bakery. My name is Evie. We met when you were in Paris and asked me to call you by this number if I ever opened in Korea," Evie let out a breath in relief when he didn't interrupt her or put down the call this time.

"De? Paris? Oh! You're that girl from the bakery! I remember now. Was that you calling the two times before this? I'm so sorry. I get a lot of prank calls and have been having a hectic day. How are you? Are you in Korea now?"

"Ne, the bakery! And yes, that was be but it's okay now. I'm doing fine. I just recently opened Sweet On You Too in Seoul. I just remembered that you gave me your business card so I thought that I'd call you."

"Ah, so you just opened? Thank you for calling me. So how is business? Good I'm sure. You are famous in Paris," he praised her.

Evie laughed. "No, not really famous, Ahjussi but business is slowly picking up. After all, I only just opened," she modestly replied.

"Ani, I'm sure you're doing well. You are in Seoul you said? I would like to drop by. When are you open?"

"Ne, I'm in Seoul. I can give you the address but I'm bad at directions," she laughed. "We're open from 10am-5pm every day except Monday."

"Alright, just text the address to me. I might come today or tomorrow."

"Ne, I will. I'll be expecting you, Ahjussi and I just wanted to say thank you for giving me this idea of coming to Korea."

"It's nothing, I really didn't do anything. I have to go now but I will see you soon. I'll bring my wife and daughter," he promised.

"Oh you got married! Congratulations!" she said sincerely.

"Thank you! Bye!"

Evie put down the call and walked back out to the front of the shop. Well, one thing done. Now, to just wait for that call he promised. Really! Even a text message would do.

 

Two days later, Evie was locking up the bakery as the time hit 5:30 in the evening as she was the one with the keys. Everyone else had gone home after a tiring day. Oddly enough, for the past two days, her bakery had become really popular and there were three times as many customers coming her bakery than before. After cleaning up a little bit and making sure everything was switched off except her fridge - God forbid the fridge be switched off and everything meltable melted and turned bad - she finally decided the brave the cold to make her way home. It was already dark outside and her fingers were freezing from the cold. They were stiff and numb and she had to fumble with the keys before she got the right one.

Suddenly, the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end and she felt like someone was watching her. Fearing the worst of scenarios, she tried to quickly insert the key into the padlock but found it wasn't the right one. Fumbling once more, she let out a curse when she accidentally dropped the bunch of keys. Bending to pick it up, she heard footsteps coming nearer and could see a pair of black shoes heading in her direction.

When she straightened she dipped her hand into her massive handbag to search for her trusty peper spray that had saved her zero times - only because she'd never had to use it. Found it! She had just clutched it in her hand when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She jumped a little in surprise and whirled around with her pepper spray up at eye level with the most terrible of horror movie scenes coming to mind.

________________________________

Sorry for the boring chappie. >< I just somehow can't seem to skip this part.

Comments and subscriptions from my lovely readers are much appreciated.

and...

and......

OMG. BIGBANG IS HAVING A WORLD TOUR. I CANNOT WAIT. IT'S LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE. YG DON'T TROLL ANYMORE. GIVE iVIPs WHAT WE WANT. ADSFJK;ALSDJFL;AKSDJL