Backstage Passes

Surprisingly Famous

 

“Helloooo! I’m back~” Evie called out as she entered their apartment.

“What has got you all cheery?” Jung Mi asked as she peaked her head out of her bedroom door to say hi.

“Something~” she replied smiling. “Lalalaa~” Singing, she walked to the kitchen to prepare dinner. They finally had all those groceries she wanted.

Jung Mi narrowed her eyes suspiciously at her and followed Evie. “You look like a cat that got the cream. Spill.”

“You are so going to love me but I’m not telling you until I eat. I’m starving.” Evie grinned at her friend as she started dice and slice food to cook.

“Yahhh. You can’t leave me hanging! Spill it! Come onnnn!” Jung Mi whined.

Evie laughed. “Nope! And dinner’s not too long away. I gotta sit down and see your face for this.”

“Oooh. Why you. That just makes me want to know even more now. Fine. I’ll help you prepare dinner.” Jung Mi was burning with anticipation.

Soon enough, dinner was ready and the two girls sat down to eat. Chopsticks in hand, Evie said a quick prayer before digging in.

“Soooooo?” Jung Mi said with full of food.

“Swallow and I’ll tell you. No way is all that going to land on my face.” She pointed at Jung Mi’s mouth.

“Okay. I’m done. Now tell me.”

“I have 2 passes.” Evie stated.

Confused, Jung Mi frowned. “2 passes to what?”

“A music show,” she said coolly.

“A… music show? What kind of music show?”

“The one that airs on SBS every Sunday,” Evie grinned at Jung Mi unable to stop her excitement from showing.

“NO. NO WAY. No no no no. YOU COULDN’T HAVE. Right? You’re bluffing. There’s no way! Is there?” Jung Mi spluttered unbelievingly.

“Yes way. Gurl, believe it. I have passes to…” Evie whipped them out from her bag and brandished them in the air.

“INKIGAYOOOOOOOO!!!!!” Jung Mi started screaming before she could finish. “Oh. My. Gawdd! I don’t believe it!! You have passes to Inkigayo!!”

She jumped up from her seat and ran round the table to Evie’s side and pulled her up into a hug. Jung Mi’s excitement was so infectious that Evie couldn’t help but get excited too. Both of them started jumping and screaming, dinners forgotten.

When they finally calmed and sat back down, Jung Mi started firing questions at her.

“How did you get them?”

“Where did you get them?”

“Who gave them to you?”

“Did you just get them today?”

“ARE WE GOING?!!” Jung Mi shrieked.

Laughing, Evie answered her. “Remember I told you about the ahjussi who gave me the idea to come to Korea? Well, I called him the other day as a courtesy call and he dropped by today as I was closing up. I have no idea how he got them but he gave them to me saying that this was another side to Korea that I needed to see and since I’m free on Sunday, yes, we’re going.” Even if she did have something on she would have postponed it for sure.

"YES. OH. MY. GAWD. I LOVE YOUUUU!!!"

"I love you too but I do have one condition." Evie said evilly.

"What? What? I'll do anything you say." Jung Mi agreed recklessly.

"Well, two actually. One, you have to protect me from crazed fangirls since you've got that ier vibe than me."

"HEY! That's not nice! But then again it's kinda true." she laughed and tossed her hair in true diva fashion. "What's the other condition?"

"You cannot go all ape- on me when we get there and start screaming and do whatever you do when you get excited, alright? Although, that might not be fair because I might be tempted to do the same. Whatever it is, we both cannot come across as simple fangirls and be grouped in the same category as those school girls. We're working women and should act it!"

"You're right. Of course you're right. This is exactly the way we should be acting when we go." Jung Mi nodded her head vigorously, agreeing with Evie.

____

On Sunday, when they reached the Inkigayo studio and lined up outside with everyone else, they were exactly as they planned to be. 

When all of them were allowed in the studio to the fan area... not. so. much.

When music started, they were as any of you would be or predicted.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! OPPAAAAAAAAA~" 

Well, Jung Mi said 'oppa'. Evie just screamed till she was hoarse.