Research

Surprisingly Famous

Suddenly, an electronic sounding song started to play out of nowhere. Evie lifted her head from Seunghyun's shoulder and looked at him questioningly.

"What?" he asked.

"I'm pretty sure that's not coming from my phone..."

"What? Oh. Aishh." He's so blur it was adorable. He took his arm from around her shoulder in order to pull his phone out from his coat pocket. Looking at the caller ID, he sighed. He glanced at Evie apologetically before retrieving the call.

"Yeobuseyo?" Evie could just hear the voice coming from the other side because she was just next to Seunghyun.

"Hyung! You were supposed to be at the studio by 8. Where the hell are you?" The person calling him was clearly agitated and not pleased.

"What?" Seunghyun glanced at his watch. ". It's so late already." It was slightly past 8:30.

"Are you still at home? You better get your here in 5 minutes."

"Ani, I'm out now, Ji. I'll be there in 15. I have to drop someone off first."

There was a short pause. "WHAT?! You're not late because you just woke up but because you went out to meet a girl?? Aishh. Hyung, get here now." Click.

Seunghyun took his phone away from his ear and sighed. Running his fingers through his hair, he looked at Evie. She had a weird look on her face. He frowned and stared at her.

Evie burst out laughing. She couldn't hold it in anymore. "HAHAHA. I can't believe that just happened."

"Huh? What just happened?"

"That just happened. You just got scolded by your dongsaeng! HAHAHA. Not a very good hyung, are we? Tsk tsk."

"Yah! I take care of them, okay? It's just that I'm late sometimes," he defended himself. "How did you even know what we were saying?"

"Hmm? Oh. I can speak a little Korean. I took classes before I got here," she explained. "Shouldn't you get going? Your friend sounds angry."

"Oh. And yes. I should. I can drop you off to wherever you're going to...?"

"Nah, it's okay. I'm not working today so I'll just be heading home. It's nearby," she declined his offer.

"You... won't get lost?" Seunghyun asked hesitantly. He knew her too well.

Evie laughed. "I won't. I've been here awhile so i've memorized the roads nearby at least."

"Okay. I'll talk to you soon, Evie. I better go."

"Mmm. I'll go back too."

It just so happened that at that moment, the both of them pushed off from the top to slide down the slides together. They looked slightly ridiculous as they were both adults doing something 5 year olds did. After standing up, they looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"Right. I'll see you. Bye, Evie. Get home safely." Seunghyun had a goofy grin on his face as he waved and walked away.

Evie waved back but he suddenly stopped and walked back to her.

"I forgot something," he said. "I just realized, if I don't have your phone number, how am I going to contact you?" he asked while smiling.

Evie smiled back and they both exchanged numbers. At least he had remembered. She had been too dazzled by his walking away to have any coherent thought.

After he left, Evie received a text while she was walking back home.

"Sorry I had to rush off like that but I want you to know that I'm really sorry, Evie. Hope you're home safe. I'll call you later ^^,"

Evie smiled with her heart fluttering. How sweet of him, she thought and pocketed her phone.

 

Back at home, the first thing Evie did was jump in the shower. She thanked God that Seunghyun hadn't seen what she wearing under her long coat. When she was fresh and clean, she walked into the kitchen with her hair still wet, to see what she could eat for breakfast. Nada. I really need to get the kitchen stocked up. She debated whether to go out to buy something but she was feeling lazy as she had just gotten back. Wondering what to do with her time until she got really hungry, a thought struck her.

Hurrying to her room, she flipped open her laptop and switched it on. Typing the Google URL in the bar, she pressed enter. First things first. What were they called again? Argh. Can't remember. If only Jung Mi was awake. Hmm...Top! They called him Top. With only that word in the search bar, she pressed enter. Obviously, nothing related showed. "Top 20 stars of 2010, Top 10 ways to..." Yada yada yada... Damn. What could she put in. She tried again by putting the full stops in between the letter T-O-P. There!

"T.O.P (entertainer) - Wikipedia..."

She clicked on that and began reading. One link led to another and soon she knew a whole lot more than she did *she glanced at the clock on her laptop screen* TWO HOURS AGO?! Wow. She had really spent that long researching about Bigbang? And that was on Wikipedia alone, not including other K-Pop news websites and YouTube. There weren't a lot of pictures on Wiki so Evie hadn't gotten the other members' faces memorized yet. There had been only one tiny individual photo for each and a group photo on the Bigbang Wiki page. Even Seunghyun didn't look like Seunghyun. She was still having a hard time reconciling the two different images of him that she had.

She now knew GD&TOP were a sub-unit of Bigbang and they were the ones who had performed at that party in club Rococo. Although, there wasn't much information about them and their album was yet to be released. Evie also figured out that this G-Dragon guy was pretty much a genius, having written and produced most of their songs either alone or with other people. It was a wowing moment for Evie because everyone knew that a lot of the uber popular American artists didn't even write or produce their own music. It was pretty astounding and her respect for this guy whom she couldn't even put a face to, went up by a whole scale.

Thinking about it, she realised Seunghyun hadn't really told her anything about Bigbang or anything about being a celebrity when they had met this morning. He had apologized though and she guessed that he would have told her if their meeting hadn't been cut short.

Evie's stomach growled loudly. Clutching her tummy, she grimaced. She was torn between satisfying her curiosity by going onto YouTube or to satisfy her angry tummy with some food. Then, her stomach growled again, louder this time.

Time to get brunch. 

 

____________________

Hey all! Just a little note, I really really can't recall the exact dates of when the songs and MVs were released so this is me apologizing in advance for any inaccuracies. After all, this is a fic.