A Surprise and an Envelope

Surprisingly Famous

Btw, has anyone seen the fancams of them arriving at JFK in NY? If not, this is the best cam so far (by paparazzi in NY i think. same ppl as the SNSD ones): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARDzvpDGlGI You can see everyone clearly but the poor maknae isn't feeling well apparently :(  #getwellsoonSeungri!

Anyway! I'm so excited! I took forever to finish this chappie cuz I couldn't concentrate from all the awesomeness that was Dae's Blonde hair and TOP's Blue Hair and GD and Taeyang smiling. Aaah. And the maknae's new ear piercing. Right. I'll shut up now :)

_____________________________________

Found it! She had just clutched it in her hand when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She jumped a little in surprise and whirled around with her pepper spray up at eye level with the most terrible of horror movie scenes coming to mind.

"Evie-sshi?"

"A-AHJUSSI?!" She let out a loud breath of relief, leaning against the door. She wiped a hand across her forehead, brushing her bangs to the side. It was no serial killer come to kill and cut her up into 8 different pieces. It was the Paris Ahjussi, Yang Hyun Suk.

"Evie-sshi? Are you alright?" he asked concerned.

Still clutching what she realised was not her pepper spray but her eye-drops bottle, Evie put out a hand in front of her, indicating for him to wait while she caught her breathe and recovered from the loss of 10 years off her life. When she was calm, she ran her hand through her hair and straightened, looking at Hyun Suk Ahjussi, glaring at him, adrenalin making her forget to be polite.

"Yah! Ahjussi! Why would you scare me like that??" she asked him.

"Y-yah?? Young girl, you shou-" He got cut off.

"You scared the daylights out of me! Not that it's daylight anymore but I thought you were some killer come to kidnap me and bring me to some warehouse to do weird things to me and then torture me and then call my parents - if I had any - for ransom before chopping me up into different pieces to keep in the fridge before eating me slowly, ONE LIMB AT A TIME!!" Right. Definitely not calm. Did she ever mention that she got hysterical when scared? No? Oops, her bad.

Hyun Suk Ahjussi just stared at her, confounded. For the first time in his life, he was unsure of what to do, more specifically, about a white girl who was apparently crazy.

"Uhh... Evie-sshi? Did I do something?" he said cautiously.

Evie blew out a breath upwards making her fringe move away from her eyes.** Steam let out, she was back to normal.

"I'm sorry for that outburst, Ahjussi. It's just that you scared me just now. I didn't know it was you coming up behind me," she said sheepishly.

"Ohh. Is that it? I'm sorry for that then," he laughed as he apologized.

"It's alright now. So, how come you're here, Ahjussi?" she asked curiously.

"Ah, that's right. I was coming to your bakery, but it looks like I'm too late," he replied.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I just closed for the day as you can see," she gestured with the keys in her hand.

"Ani, gwenchana. I'll just come another day. Although, I'm a little disappointed because I won't be free until Monday, and you're closed then."

"Actually, Ahjussi, I have a goods delivery coming in on Monday so I will be coming in with my friend. If you want, I can personally deliver to you if you order what you want now."

"Chincha? Are you sure? I don't want to trouble you."

"Trust me, it's no trouble at all. Think of it as me saying thank you for asking me to come to Korea. You gave me a reason to come, not only for Sweet On You Too but to also meet someone I treasure very much," Evie said while thinking of that certain someone. She saw Hyun Suk Ahjussi's eyes flicker with curiosity and expected him to ask her but surprisingly he made no mention of it.

"Alright then. I'll text you my office's address since that name card I gave you doesn't have it." His name card was literally just that with a phone number printed on it. "Also, I don't mind anything so just bring what's good from your menu but make sure it's enough for 15 people to snack on. Don't worry, I'll pay however much it comes to."

"Ne, I'll do that then. I hope you will like what I pick. What time should I come on Monday?"

"Hmm... I will be in the office the whole day so anytime that is convenient for you. Oh, and also, I wanted to give you these. Thought you might like them," he said as he took out a fat envelope from his bag. "Korea has a lot more to share than just rich history and old buildings. I won't be there to guide you around but those allow you to get backstage after the show. Since there are two, you can invite a friend to go with you. I better get going. Get home safe, Evie-sshi. Bye!"

She waved back at him as he turned around and walked back to the car waiting for him across the street. She glanced at the unopened envelope. Tickets to a Korean musical or play perhaps? Lifting the flap and reaching into the envelope, she took out whatever it was that was wrapped in a layer of bubble-wrap. Removing it, she stuffed it into her bag to save it for later - to pop - and looked at what she had in her hand.

It was two tags attached to a couple of purple lanyards. Frowning at it, she tried to decipher the Korean characters smattered with alphabets here and there.

SBS Inkigayo
Backstage Passes
Sunday 1:00 PM

One backstage pass per person

Oh. My. GAWD. It was that weekly 'Popular Music Show' where all the idols performed their latest hits. She'd get her first taste of live K-Pop!

Yes. She had read all about it already. Listened to a lot of the songs (not really), and addicted mostly (only) to BIGBANG's music. It was a purely unbiased love of their songs. Okay, fine. She first listened to BIGBANG because of Seunghyun anyway. Well, mostly unbiased. Anyway, ignoring all things Choi Seunghyun, she could critically say that their music was phenomenal. More so than horrible sounding, mainstream music ie. American mainstream. Maybe should could even see Seunghyun's duo unit perform! Fan girl much?

Coming back to reality, Evie put the passes into her bag and headed for her usual early dinner as she had worked through lunch again. She took out a small bun that she had kept in a container because she was starving. As she took her first bite and started to walk, her next thought was,

Sung Jung Mi was going to freak. BIG TIME.

____________________________________

** A/N: I fail at words here. Think Secret Garden here if you can't picture it. The thing Gil Raim does, blowing at her fringe.

Thank you once again dear readers!

Comments and subscriptions are much appreciated! 

Hello to my new subscribers! I hope you will be patient with me.

And special shout out to these few commentors who made me want to update and write the previous chapter and this one:
@hano_21
@Kaelz_
@nuramy
@CreeDmgERROR
@Maii210

and all my other commentors who have commented before!