Something To Tell

Surprisingly Famous

Evie Langlen ran into the lecture hall and quickly took her seat after apologizing to the professor. She heaved a sigh after settling down. She was late. Again. She blamed her alarm clock. No matter how many times it rang, she always couldn't get up. Hmm... Maybe it wasn't loud enough. Nope! It was probably just her.

Evie took her books out of her bag and suddenly she felt something hit the back of her head. It was a ball of paper. She turned behind and it was Seunghyun. Her heart skipped a beat. She almost smiled before she whispered  "Are you, what?... five years old?"

He grinned at her. "Your hair's in a mess. Didn't have time to comb it? Yah. Your shirt's inside out too." He smirked.

Oh. Her heart. If she wasn't sitting down, she would be a puddle on the floor by now. That smile of his could charm her precious Pride and Prejudice novel away from her. Like her very own Mr. Darcy who could take care of her. Snapping back to reality, she realised what he just said. She quickly patted her hair into something presentable and her shirt... was not inside out. She rolled her eyes at him.

Then her boyfriend best friend / crush-since-they-met-3-years-ago, spoke again. "Meet me later after class, alright?"

Evie nodded her head and turned back to the front. Then she frowned. Why did Seunghyun ask her that? Without fail, they met up everyday after class anyway. It was as if he wanted to make sure that he could talk to her. She had a feeling something was up with him.

Evie was bored. It was halfway through the Psychology lecture and she kept yawning every five seconds. She had already studied this chapter by herself before today because she was such a geek. It was something she always did and that was why she always scored 2nd highest in pop quizzes and exams. She made a face to no one in particular. Seunghyun was always scored the highest no matter how hard she tried to beat him. *Yawn*  She didn't know how she was going to be able to stay awake for the next half an hour.

A piece of paper landed on her desk. Evie looked behind her and saw Seunghyun gesturing for her to open it.

'A fly is going to enter your mouth.'

She turned around and glared at him, then turned back front.

A minute later, there was another paper.

'Forget what I said just now. We'll just meet tomorrow. I have something to do later.'

Now Evie was just confused. First he wanted to meet, then he didn't? She shook her head and ran her fingers through her long hair. Later. She'll ask him later.

After a torturous 30 minutes, it was finally the end of the lecture. Evie was packing her stuff and was about to call out to Seunghyun when he walked past her and out of the lecture hall without even a word to her. This was odd and getting odder by the minute. She couldn't quite figure him out today. He looked normal though. Well, normal for him at least. He was dressed in the ultimate geek preppy look with jeans, a checkered shirt, a colourful sweater that didn't match and big glasses. He had left his head bare today and his black hair was flopping down over his eyes unstyled. That was Choi Seunghyun. Unfashionable, unfriendly and ultimate geek. The Three U's of Choi Seunghyun she called it. Well, to be fair he wasn't really unfriendly but was kind of a loner for some reason. Although ultimate geek was correct. Everyone knew he did even better than Evie in exams.

Since Psychology was her last class for the day, she left campus and went walking around the area of stores that was just nearby. It was about a 15 minute walk so Evie took her time to enjoy the scenery and fresh air. Being one of the most prestigious universities in America, everything around campus was really 'nice' and well kept. Although it was small town, everything a university student needed could be found. Evie wasn't rich and could not buy a lot of things but she had worked her brain to death to get into Chambourne University on a scholarship so that she could go places in life. That was where she met Seunghyun three years ago. Now they were at the end of their final year but they had been best friends since the first. She was worried though. Seunghyun was probably going back home to Korea when they finished but Evie was American and still didn't know what she was going to do. She studied Human Sciences in university but she wasn't sure that that was what she wanted to do in the future.

As Evie walked past the section of clothes stores, she saw something that caught her eye and went inside.

"Excuse me, how much for the black beanie on that mannequin?" There was nothing wrong in being prepared. It was a month till their finals but this was a perfect goodbye present for Seunghyun. That guy loved his beanies and the one he was currently wearing was already worn out. She would give this to him as something to remember her by.

"15 dollars, miss. Would you like a bag for it?"

Evie bit her lip and nodded her head. $15 was a lot for her and she was saving her money for a holiday but this was an exception, she told herself. It's for Seunghyun.

After paying for the black beanie, she went into a flower shop nearby to get something for her grandmother for when she visited.

The sun was setting by the time she picked out a pretty vase to bring back with her so she hurried and took the shortcut by way of passing the lake to get back to campus. She lived in one of the student apartments the university provided and it was quite deserted and lonely when it was dark. She couldn't help but get a little scared when she walked alone.

As she neared the lake she saw someone sitting on the grass watching the sunset. Her heart did the same thing it did every time she saw that figure. It flipped and flopped, rolled over and did gymnastics in her chest. With all that activity, she walked up to him.

"Hey you."

"Evie!" Seunghyun looked up in surprise. "Come, sit down," he patted the grass next to him.

She sat down close next to him but didn't say anything and neither did he. Seunghyun put his arm around her shoulders and they leaned into each other. He wasn't big on skinship but they were as close as that. Anyone who saw them would think they were an item but reality called for truth. Evie felt a kind of pain in her chest. She liked him enough to almost, just almost, love him, while he merely saw her as a close friend and confidant.

They watched the sunset in silence. The sky was beautiful with its yellows, oranges and purples. Words were not needed at that moment.

______________________

 

So here's the first chapter. I hope someone actually reads it and gives me feedback. Hope you all like it! ><