Commotion

Surprisingly Famous

 

After approaching one of the staff members for directions, Evie and Jung Mi arrived in the midst of the chaos that was backstage. There were people everywhere. People in costumes and make-up who could possibly be dancers or the idols themselves, huge, scary looking bodyguards, stylists, coordinators, managers, staff and every kind of person imaginable.

 

Evie and Jung Mi were allowed backstage freely as long as they didn’t enter any of the artists’ personal dressing rooms. Common areas were fine. As they slowly weaved their way through the crowd that seemed to be everywhere, Jung Mi would squeal every time she saw an idol member.

 

The one time that Gikwang from Beast passed by them, Jung Mi stopped him and begged for a photo and autograph, pen and paper ready. Naturally, Evie was the photographer. She rolled her eyes once the picture was taken and handed the camera back to Jung Mi. Jung Mi thanked Gikwang and before he walked off Evie thought that he glanced back at her.

 

Once he turned the corner, Jung Mi grabbed her arm and started jumping up and down in excitement.

 

“Oh mai gawdd! I can’t believe I have a picture with Gikwang-oppa!” she screamed into Evie’s ear.

 

Amused at her antics, Evie just laughed and dragged her along further. She was backstage for one reason only. To find Mr. Tee-Oh-Pee. She wasn’t sure what she would do once she found him but at the moment she was just going to go with the flow and ignore the fact that she hadn’t told Jung Mi that she knew TOP of Bigbang personally. That girl was so going to scream when she found out.

 

The crush was so bad Evie was just about to give up on trying to find their dressing room when she spotted a sign on the door that said ‘GD&TOP’. She gripped harder on Jung Mi’s arm.

 

“Jung Mi, look!” Jung Mi turned in the direction of her finger and gasped.

 

“But we’re not allowed to go in!” She whispered into Evie’s ear.

 

“I’m gonna try something. Just trust me on this. Only promise me that you won’t freak out or kill me.” Evie hoped Jung Mi wasn’t going to go on fan-girl freak mode.

 

“What?! What are you going to do??” Jung Mi asked, not a little panicked. “You’re going to get us kicked out of here!”

 

“Just trust me.” She replied before letting go of Jung Mi’s arm and walking towards the door.

 

Hand up, she was about to knock on the door and she heard Jung Mi squeak behind her. Evie turned and saw that one of the security guys was approaching.

 

“Miss, you’re not allowed to go in there.” He spoke directly to Jung Mi, immediately assuming that Evie couldn’t speak Korean. He grabbed hold of Jung Mi’s arm and tried to reach for Evie but she jumped out of reach. Realizing that he couldn’t drag two girls out by himself, he held on to Jung Mi before speaking into his walkie-talkie presumably for help.

 

Having only one option left, Evie muttered a quick sorry to Jung Mi before reaching for the door handle. Thankfully unlocked, she rushed in and slammed the door behind her before locking it. She closed her eyes for a quick second and breathed a sigh of relief. Then she realized where she was.

 

Looking up, she noticed that almost everyone in the room was looking at her strangely and had paused what they were in the midst of doing.

 

“Uh… Hi?” Evie said nervously with a small wave.

 

They all gaped at her until someone came forward, then they went back to what they were doing.

 

“Yah. You’re not allowed in here. Please leave at once.” A manager of some sort she assumed.

 

“Um… I just want to see Seunghyun.” She answered him with a staying motion.

 

The manager rolled his eyes. “I’m sure you do. But you have to leave. Now.” He gripped her arm with one hand while the other reached to open the door. He started to drag her out when she heard a voice coming from inside the room.

 

“Can I have more hairspray here, please?”

 

Evie gasped and turned, almost twisting her arm in the process. There! She caught a glimpse of him being all diva gesturing to his hair. There was only one thing she could do. She shouted.

 

“SEUNGHYUN!” Everyone turned and stared at her again.

 

Someone nudged him and he finally turned from the mirror and saw her just as the manager had almost gotten her out the door. Completely surprised, he merely stared at her with his mouth slightly gaping open. That blur-case. Was he going to help her or not?

 

“YAHHH! CHOI SEUNGHYUN!” she shouted again.

 

That spurred him into action, nearly tripping over his own feet to get to her before the manager could throw her out.

 

“Manager-hyung! Hyung!! Wait!”

 

The manager now confused, stopped in his tracks but still wouldn’t let go of Evie. Evie guessed she should be thankful that Seunghyun had good security. Sort of.

 

“Evie! How did you get in here?” he asked in English, astounded. He turned to the manager in Korean. “Hyung, you can let go of her. She’s a friend.”

 

“Neh. Next time let us know instead of causing such a commotion.” The manager released Evie’s arm and walked off.

“Ah. Ahjussi! Wait!” Evie remembered something. “My friend…”

 

The manager sighed. “I’ll go talk to security and bring her in.”

 

“Kamsahamida!” She bowed a 90.

 

After the manager walked off in search of Jung Mi, Seunghyun pulled her back into the room and closed the door.

 

“Yah. How did you get in here? Security is supposed to be tight!” he questioned her.

 

Evie merely lifted up the backstage pass hanging around her neck and waved it in his face. He looked at his and raised an eyebrow in surprise.

 

Damn. He looked so hot doing that, she thought. Clearing , she looked up at him.

 

“Aren’t you going to say hi?” she smiled.

 

Laughing, he moved to hug her tightly. Hugging him back, she treasured the feel of his arms around her and breathed in the wonderful smell of him. He had cologne on but she could still smell that Seunghyun-smell of soap and sandalwood. Separating, he pulled her further into the room and she realized that a few of the staff members were staring at them but he didn’t seem to care or was just oblivious.

 

Seunghyun came to a stop and called out to guy whose back was facing them. The guy had frizzy brown hair that was gelled into a similar style as Seunghyun’s. Also like Seunghyun, he was wearing a penguin formal suit.

 

“Jiyong-ah, this is my friend Evie from America.” He introduced them.

 

The guy turned and after bowing a little, held out his hand. He had a nice firm grip. Evie’s first thought when she took in his face was that he was pretty. A second glance told her that he had boyish features but a strong jawline. Stubborn, she thought.

 

“I’m Jiyong.” He politely smiled, tight-lipped. “You can call me GD if it is easier for you.” He spoke in perfect but slightly accented English.

 

“I’m Evie. But you already know that.” She replied with a nervous laugh. “Jiyong is fine for me.” Evie smiled back at him.

 

He nodded and turned to Seunghyun. “Hyung, I’m going to leave first. I’ll see you tomorrow. And try not to cause a commotion next time. Pretty or not, she doesn’t belong.” He said with a hard tone. He bowed slightly to Evie and left.

 

Polite but distant.

 

Evie stared after him as he left until Seunghyun nudged her. She looked up at him and saw that he had one eyebrow raised. Crap, had he said something?

“What?” she asked defensively.

 

“I said, I’m sorry about what he said about you. He wouldn’t have said that if he’d known you could speak Korean.” He explained for his band-mate.

 

“No. It’s my fault really. I should probably have called you beforehand and not just have barged in and shouted for you.” Evie winced. She glanced at the closed door again. Seunghyun shot her a suspicious glance.

 

“Were you actually nervous speaking to him?” he accused her.

 

“What? No! Well… maybe a little. I mean, he IS G-Dragon after all.” She reasoned.

 

“So you do know who he is! I can’t believe you were actually nervous.” Seunghyun said incredulously. “You were fidgeting, I could tell.”

 

“Yeah, I was. So what? He’s only like the youngest music genius in Korea after all.” She said sarcastically.

 

“You like him.” He said in wonder. “And you finally looked us up.”

 

“No, I don’t!” she denied. “And stop it with that smirk. Yeah, I researched a little. Not faces though. You know I’m not good with them. I only knew who he was because he mentioned ‘GD’.” She tried to shrug it off.

 

“You looked us up. Finally.” He said proudly. “So what do you think?”

 

“About what?” She pretended like she didn’t know what he was talking about.

 

“Don’t act all clueless. You know what.”

 

Now it was her turn to smirk. “I have no idea what you are talking about.” She let out a short laugh.

 

He had just playfully shoved her shoulder when Evie heard her name being called out. She turned and saw Jung Mi standing at the door, wide-eyed. Evie grinned and beckoned her over.

 

“Don’t scare her.” She said to Seunghyun. It was something she never would have said to him back in the US but the way he looked right now, he was very capable of intimidation. “She’s a fan.”

 

“Oh great.” He muttered before pasting a smile on his face.

 

“E-Evie?” Jung Mi stuttered when she reached them.

 

“Seunghyun, I want you to meet my friend and housemate, Jung Mi.” Evie switched to Korean and formally introduced them.

 

“A-annyeonghaseyo.” Jung Mi replied bowing low and Seunghyun did the same although with a slight smirk at her friend’s nervousness.

 

“Jung Mi-ah, remember how I told you I had a friend from the US who moved back to Korea?” Evie reminded her.

 

“Uh… y-yeah. I think.” Jung Mi stared incredulously from Evie to Seunghyun and back.

 

“Well… I met him. Guess who?” Evie said cheekily.

 

“No. Way.” She breathed.

 

“Yes. Way.” Evie grinned while Seunghyun looked on, amused.

 

Seunghyun gave a small wave and did his y smirk again.

 

“Oh. Mai. Gawd.”

 

_____________________

subscribe and comment guys! :)