chapter 4

Destiny

 

When we arrived in the cafeteria, we decided to eat outside in the garden. Chunhee decided that he wanted to buy me food. I told him to buy me something light and water. He told me to sit under a tree and wait for him. As I sat down under a nice tree, I could see some students also eating here while studying. It was actually very comfortable.

                  ‘ yah~ Da eun-shi, think fast!’ Chunhee said as he threw bread at me.

I caught it easily and glared at him.

                  ‘ this is food paboo~’ I said.

                  ‘ haha, sorry…’ he pouted.

As we ate, we talked about more random things. He offered to give me a tour around the campus and I agreed. Suddenly, we heard a scream.

                  ‘ Kyaaaaa’

                  ‘ move out of my way .’ A familiar voice said.

I looked towards the cafeteria and saw a familiar figure…

                  ‘ Chunhee-shi, who’s that?’ I asked.

                  ‘ oh her… Park Hyomin, of the year.’ he teased.

                  ‘ wkwkwk… good one dude.’ I said.

                  ‘ She moved here a week ago and look ho she treats people… she’s not even that smart. Her IQ is the same as a banana!’ He said.

I chuckled.

                  ‘ so basically, she rules this place?’ I asked.

                  ‘ yup, but only the medicine department.’ He said.

                  ‘ I know her..’ I said.

                  ‘ w-what? You do??’ he  asked.

                  ‘ yeah, from my old school. She used to bully me a lot, but since I’m awesome at Taekwondo, there’s nothing she can do.’ I said remembering the past again…

                  ‘ that’s a good thing.’ He said.

                  ‘ Chunhee-shi, when does lunch end?’ I asked.

                  ‘ around 20 more minutes… and please call me oppa.’ He teased.

                  ‘ ehhh?? No way~’ I said.

                  ‘ come on~~~’ he pouted.

                  ‘ you don’t even know if I’m older or not.’ I told him.

                  ‘ your ID card says that you were born on September 14th 1990. I’m born on March 20th 1990.’ He said.

                  ‘ you stole my ID card??!’ I asked jokingly.

                  ‘ saw it, not stole it.’ He said.

                  ‘ fine.. Chunhee o-p-p-a’ I teased.

For 20 minutes, we talked about Hyomin and anime. After the bell rang, Chunhee and I had different classes so we bid our goodbyes and went to our next class. The lecture lasted for about 2 hours and ended with assignments that were due next month. The assignment was to write a 25 page essay about our goal in life, which will be graded. When I walked out of the room, I saw Chunhee sitting on a bench. I walked to him and slapped his back.

                  ‘ hi there’ I said.

                  ‘ what’s up~ how was class?’ he asked.

                  ‘ fine.’ I replied.

He stood up.

                  ‘ are you ready for the tour?’ he asked.

                  ‘ sure, kaja~’ I said and grabbed his arm.

He showed me the whole campus in and out. We went all over the medicine department. He told me about the history and about the international students here. We arrived at a quieter location called the toilet area, he joked about the place and I laughed. He started to say random things about the toilet that made me laugh even more. we were both already tearing up from the jokes and laughs. Suddenly, we heard a cough.

                  ‘ well hello there. I believe you’re standing in our territory.’ A familiar voice said.

we both looked to who said it and saw 3 girls and 2 guys. I was shocked to see Hyomin standing in front of me with an evil smirk.

                  ‘ Chunhee-shi, why are you here with your new ugly friend?’ she asked.

UGLY?!??! Did she call me ugly?!? HEY! I am average looking !!

                  ‘ I was just showing her around… calm down medusa.’ He said.

Hyomin was pissed.

                  ‘ nobody dares to insult me!?’ she yelled.

                  ‘ but I just did… so on you!’ he said and grabbed my hand. He looked at me and his eyes tell me to… RUN!