chapter 11

Destiny

 

‘ Chunhee oppa!!’ I shout.

Chunhee looked back and saw me. he walked towards us with a girl… I think it’s his girlfriend.

                  ‘ Hey Da Eun, hey Khun.’ He said.

the girl smiled at us.

                  ‘ so what’re you doing here?’ I asked.

                  ‘ as you can see, we’re on a date.’ He said as he looked at the girl.

They looked SO sweet.

                  ‘ what are YOU both doing here?’ he smirked.

                  ‘ oh we’re just walking around… hanging out.’ I answered.

We started talking for a while and forgot about Khun and his girl. We laughed and enjoyed ourselves.

Finally, the girl coughed.

                  ‘ oppa, let’s go. I’m hungry.’ She pouted.

He chuckled.

‘ oh okay… guys gotta go~ bye.’ He said and waved at us.

I waved back.

                  ‘ kaja~’  I said to Khun who was frowning.

We’ve been walking for 10 minutes and was close to the parking area. When we got in the car, no one talked. I didn’t feel like starting up a conversation because I think that he’s kind of in a bad mood, judging by his face.

When we arrived.. he parked his car near the Han river area. I got out of the car and took a deep breath in.

The air was so fresh. I kept walking and realized that Khun wasn’t beside me. I looked back and saw that he was just standing there.

                  ‘ Yah~ why aren’t you walking?’ I asked.

He didn’t reply.

I walked back towards him.

                  ‘ hello… earth to Nichkhun.’ I said.

still no reply.

                  ‘ hey.. don’t be a sour puss. Let’s enjoy this time.’ I said.

Suddenly, he said.

                  ‘ Do you like him?’ he asked.

                  ‘ w-what?’ I was lost.

                  ‘ Chunhee hyung… you like him right?’ he asked.

No way in hell…

                  ‘ of course not Khun..’ I answered.

                  ‘ are you sure?’ he asked.

                  ‘ yeah.. he’s just a friend that I have lots of things in common with.’ I said.

He looked at me with pained eyes.

                  ‘ then, why are you always happy with him? Call him oppa? Joke with him like you used to joke with me?’ he asked.

Ah… this guy is jealous~

                  ‘ because, he’s a nice person and  I trust him… I get along with him well.’ I said.

no response…

                  ‘ why.. you jelly?’ I teased.

He blushed.

                  ‘ don’t be jelly Khunnie~’ I cooed.

                  ‘ don’t you trust me to? Don’t we get along well? Aren’t I nice?’ he asked.

Argh…

                  ‘ I do trust you.. we do get along well.. but you’re only sometimes nice.’ I teased.

He looked at me and pouted.

                  ‘ why don’t you call me oppa?’ he asked.

Ah… this again.

                  ‘ because I don’t want to.’ I joked.

He pouted some more.

                  ‘ if I call you oppa, will you promise me that you’ll be happy again and we’ll continue our walk?’ I asked.

He thought about it first, but nodded.

                  ‘ fine… o-oppa l-let’s g-g-go!’ I stuttered.

I’m not comfortable calling him oppa… I’m kind of shy actually.

                  ‘ so not sincere.’ He said.

This guy is…@$#@%

                  ‘ Nichkhun oppa~ let’s go before I murder you here.’ I said.

he chuckled.

                  ‘ fine.. ‘ he said and held my hand.

Eh…

                  I know I’m blushing and my heart is pounding right now… but I’m enjoying it. His hands are warm… I miss his warmth.

For the next 4 hours or so, we walked around the Han river area and talked a lot. He kept holding my hands, which I did not object to. We laughed a lot and enjoyed our time. It was 6pm and I was yet again hungry.

                  ‘ you wanna eat? It’s 6 already.’ I asked.

                  ‘ sure… where do you want to eat?’ he asked.

                  ‘ I don’t know.. your choice.’ I said.

we walked towards the grassy area and he told me to sit.

                  ‘ wait here okay..’ he said.

I nodded.

For a second, I thought that he left me here all alone…

                  ‘ Yah~’ he shout from behind me.

I saw him bringing a picnic basket… we’re having a picnic?

                  ‘ help me set this up.’ he said and handed the picnic mat for me to lay out.

Then he took all of the food inside the picnic basket and set them nicely. After that, we sat down and relaxed.

                  ‘ w-what’s this?’ I asked pointing at the whole picnic.

                  ‘ urm, it’s a picnic… I didn’t feel like eating dinner in a restaurant so I brought this along.’ He said.

wow…

                  ‘ your brothers actually helped me cook this earlier…’ he said pointing at the pasta.

My brothers? They were in it too?

                  ‘ oh really?’ I asked.

He nodded.

                  ‘ you put a lot of effort in this..’ I said.

                  ‘ that’s because I want to impress you Da Eun… remember when I said I’ll get you back? Well, I’m trying very hard here~’ he said.

I blushed… he did this all for me?...

I chuckled.

                  ‘ let’s eat.’ He said and started to eat the meal.

We ate a lot and I was impressed by his cooking… it taste wonderful. We fed each other and joked around. After the meal, I laid my head on his lap and looked at the stars… I was so full.

                  He looked down at me.

                  ‘ full?’ he asked.

I nodded.

We kept looking at the stars and critiquing each one… this all seemed so much like a date.. a date I enjoyed. Maybe he’ll succeed getting my heart back…

                  After a while of laying down, it was already 9pm and I was sleepy.

                  ‘ Khunnie, let’s go home.’ I said.

He didn’t respond.

                  ‘ oppa~’ I pouted. I knew he wanted me to call him that.

he was happy that I called him oppa. 

                  He then stood up and helped me stand u too. We cleaned up the area and went back to his car.

As we drove back to my house, he kept smiling and holding my hands. I also felt happy and just let him hold my hand. When we reached my house, he opened the door for me and walked me inside. When we were in front of the door, he looked at me and smiled.

                  ‘ I had a great time today, Da Eunnie.’ He said.

                  ‘ me too Khun.’ I said.

Before opening the door, he kissed my cheek and smiled.

                  ‘ thanks for today~’ he said.

I blushed but smiled.

                  ‘ you’re welcome… anyeong oppa~.’ I said.

he chuckled and waved at me.