chapter 13

Destiny

 

‘ w-what do you m-mean?’ I asked.

They sighed.

                  ‘ I heard from his parents that they found someone for him and that he agreed.’ Seungho said.

He agreed?

                  ‘ wanna know her name?’ Cheondung asked.

I didn’t reply.. and why should I know her name?!?!

                  ‘ Da Eun~?’ they called.

He’s seriously marrying someone? I thought he wanted me back… I thought…

                  ‘ YAH!’ Seungho said.

                  ‘ w-what?’ I stuttered.

                  ‘ we called you like 5 times already.’ They said.

                  ‘ oh.. btw, I’m not really hungry.’ I said as I stood up.

I walked away and ignored them calling me…

When I reached my room, I couldn’t hold it in any longer… My tears started to fall and never ended.

                  I thought he loved me… he said he would win my heart back… was it all a lie? Did he really want to see me suffer again? I thought that after tomorrow, I would be in his arms feeling happier than ever… but I was wrong, once again. Was I stupid to not say yes in the beginning? Or was I stupid to fall in love with him again?

                  I kept crying till midnight, and decided to just sleep.. since tomorrow is a school day. Instead of sleeping, I kept crying. My heart just hurt more. after 10 minutes, I fell asleep, face still damped from tears.

 

(Next Day)

                  I woke up to the sound of my alarm buzzing… I looked at the clock and it was 10am…

To hell with it… I don’t care if I’m late anyways. As I walk towards the bathroom, I remembered what happen last night. The news about Khun and me crying myself to sleep… I thought I promised myself to not cry over a guy again.. When I saw my face in the mirror, my eyes were still puffy and red. How am I going to explain this to my brothers… hope they’re gone.

                  After taking a shower, I head down. I grabbed my school bag and put on my shoes… I didn’t bother to eat breakfast and just went outside towards my car.

                  ‘ Good morning Ms. Da Eun..’ my driver said.

I just nodded and got in the car. I’m not in the mood to talk to anyone.

When I arrived to school, I saw that it was 10:40am right now.. I’m 10 minutes late. When I arrived in my first class, the teacher wasn’t there yet so no punishment for me. I walked to any empty seat at the very back… away from people.

                  ‘ hey~’ someone said from behind.

Oh crap.. is it Khun?

I looked back and only saw Chunhee.

                  ‘ hey.’ I said.

                  ‘ why the long face and gloomy attitude gurl? Oh, and you were late.’  he asked.

I shrugged.

                  ‘ you’re supposed to be happy right??’ he asked.

                  ‘ how am I supposed to be happy when the love of my life is marrying some one else.’ I said.

Chunhee was surprised.

                  ‘ what do you mean? Khun’s getting married??’ he asked.

This guy is too loud.

                  ‘ keep it down pabo… and yes, he’s marrying someone… the sad thing is, is that he agreed to the marriage. I had to learn all this from my brothers.’ I said.

I didn’t know tears were already falling.

                  ‘ oh my poor Da Eunnie~’ Chunhee said and wiped my tears away.

                  ‘ I thought he loved me oppa…’ I said teary.

Chunhee hugged me and told me everything’s going to be fine.

                  ‘ let’s talk more at lunch alright… the professor’s here.’ he said.

I nodded.

Little did I know, someone was watching the whole scene from behind.

 

                  After 2 lectures, it was time for lunch. I didn’t see Khun around, so he must’ve not come today.

                  ‘ Oppa, let’s eat.’ I said tugging Chunhee towards our usual spot.

He nodded and carried the food.

When we finally sat down, Chunhee begged me to tell him everything.

                  ‘ well, short version or long version?’ asked.

                  ‘ short.’ He answered.

I took a deep breath.                 

                  ‘ brothers told me he was getting married, I cried. Done.’ I said.

he gave me a WTF face.

                  ‘ I’m serious oppa..’ I pouted.

                  ‘ how’d you feel?’ he asked.

                  ‘ of course dad pabo.’ I answered.

He faced palm.

                  ‘ details~ gurl.’ He said.

Fine..

                  ‘ well at first I couldn’t believe it. I held my tears until I reached my bedroom. I kept asking myself if it was just a lie that he said he would win my heart back… I keep asking myself if I was stupid to reject him, or if I was stupid to fall in love with him again…’ I explained.

Chunhee just nodded.

                  ‘ I’m confused oppa… I don’t know what to do anymore.’ I said.

he looked at me worriedly.

Suddenly, someone interrupted us.

                  ‘ Sorry to interrupt, but may I talk to her?’ Khun said.

I looked up and looked down again.. so he’s here…

                  ‘ we’re busy talking and you interrupted’ I said not wanting to talk to him.

He looked at me with his puppy dog eyes.

                  ‘ please.. can I just talk to you for 5 minutes?’ he asked.

I gave Chunhee a “ help me for God sakes.” Look.

                  ‘ I’m sorry Khun, but we’re reaaaallly busy.’ He said.

Thanks Chunhee.

                  ‘ come on hyung… please.’ He begged.

Suddenly, someone called him.

                  ‘ Excuse me Mr. Horvejkul, may I speak to you about the paper you handed me this morning?’ a professor asked.

Of course no one can say no to a professor.

                  ‘ uh, sure professor Park.. I’ll talk to you later Da Eun..’ he said as he left.

Chunhee looked at me..

                  ‘ what??’ I asked.

                  ‘ will you talk to him later?’ he asked.

                  ‘ hell no..’ I answered.

                  ‘ why?’ he asked.

                  ‘ Well because I just don’t have the heart to… and I don’t want to know the truth!’ I exclaimed.

He was silent…

                  ‘ how bout if your brothers lied about the marriage thing?’ he asked.

                  ‘ trust me, the didn’t.. they both had a serious face when they told me.’ I answered.

                  ‘ won’t you give him a chance to explain?’ he asked.

                  ‘ w-what?? NO.’ I said.

                  ‘ Oh come on… just please let him talk to you..’ he pleaded.

                  ‘ why should  I even talk to him?’ I asked.

                  ‘ there might be a chance..’ he said.

A chance… for me and him? No way.

                  ‘ please~’ he begged.

He really wants be to be with Khun..

                  ‘ you really want us to be together?’ I asked.

                  ‘ Hell yeah… you guys look so damn cute together… just like what the game ahjusshi said.’ he said.

                  ‘ you followed us that day?’ I asked.

He nodded and smiled.

                  ‘ just give him a chance..’ he said.

                  ‘ I’ll try..’ I replied.

But I’m not promising you or myself anything. 

 

2 more chappies~~~