chapter 3

Destiny

 

(Next Day)

            My alarm woke me just on time. It was 9am. I decided that I wanted to be early to school so I took a quick shower and went downstairs. I packed my bag the night before so I was ready for Uni. The Chef prepared a bowl of cereal for and toast. I ate my cereal in peace while watching the news. The maid told me earlier that my parents were in Japan attending meetings. My brothers were at the company doing some work. After I finished eating, I walked outside and was greeted by the driver, Mr. Park.

            ‘ Good morning Ms. Da Eun, are you ready to go?’ he asked.

            ‘ Ne.’ I said as he opened the car door.

I went inside and told him to go to Yonsei Uni. When we arrived, I saw that the place was quite big… it was a private Uni. too.  The car door opened and I got out. I thanked the driver and headed my way towards the administration office. On my way there, I bumped into someone.

            ‘ mianhe.’ I said.

            ‘ watch it!’ she said.

that voice is familiar. I looked up and saw the devil Hyomin. She didn’t look back and just kept walking. Phew.. why is she here??! How did she even get in?!? oh right… money.

When I arrived in the administration office, the desk lady gave me my schedule and building map. Since I was studying medicine, my classes were on the other building. I said thank you and went towards my lessons. When I arrived in the room, the class has already started. I took a deep breath and walked inside the room. The students were busy so only the professor saw me.

            ‘ Anyeong Haseo’ I said as I did a 90 degree bow.

            ‘ ah anyeong haseo… are you Yang Da Eun?’ he asked.

            ‘ Ne.. I’m the new transfer student from John Hopkins.’ I said.

            ‘ ah yes… wait a minute.’ He said.

I stayed standing beside him.

            ‘ Attention class, we have a new student. She’s a transfer student from John Hopkins.’ The teacher said and all eyes were on me.

the teacher signaled me to introduce my self.

            ‘ oh, anyeong haseo Yang Da Eun imnida. Please take care of me.’ I said and bowed.

            ‘ I hope you guys get along well with her and treat her nicely. Oh, Da Eun-shi, you may sit at the back beside that gentleman.’ He said.

I nodded and bowed.

            As I was walking towards my seat, I felt nervous for I have no idea what reason. I looked around the classroom and saw how the students got along well with each other. When I arrived at my seat, I quickly sat down and pulled out the books I needed. I looked at the board to see what we have to do.

            “read chapter 1-3 then answer questions on the board.”

As I started to read my book, I couldn’t get my mind of Hyomin and the earlier accident… so she’s here? I’m never in the mood of meeting her cuz I know that she’ll try to do something to me again… I hope she doesn’t recognize me since I changed my hairstyle… and nobody else other than my family knows that I’m back… right?

                  ‘ Attention class… if you’re not finish with reading chapters 1-3, do that for homework. Now, since it’s your first week here, I want you guys to get to know one another. The person beside you will be your lab partner for the rest of the year. So, introduce yourselves until the bell rings in 25 minutes.’ The professor said.

I looked to the person sitting next to me and I could see that he was asleep the whole time… this kid will be tough to work with. I shook him and he finally woke up.

                  ‘ w-what h-huh?’ he said confused.

                  ‘ hi there… I’m Yang Da Eun.’ I said giving him my hand.

‘ oh, anyeong. I’m Lee Chun Hee.’ He said and shook my hand.

‘ I guess you didn’t hear what the teacher said..’ I said.

‘ urm.. not really. You could see that I was asleep.. hehe.’ He said.

‘ well, professor said that we should know each other better because we’ll be lab partners for the rest of the year.’ I said

‘ oh really? Well then, let’s talk!’ he said cheerfully.

Chunhee and I managed to tell about ourselves for 25 minutes. We talked about why we entered the university, future jobs, and random things. It turns out that he has a great sense of humor. Finally the bell tang which signaled us to go to our next lecture. I arrived there quite early and took a seat at the edge. After an hour, class was done and it was time for lunch. After lunch there was only one class left so I was extremely happy for short schedules.

                  As I walked towards the cafeteria, I saw Hyomin with 2 girls again… jeez, when can’t I see her. Suddenly, someone poked me on my shoulder.

                  ‘ anyeeooong~’ Chunhee greeted.

                  ‘ oh anyeong. So what’s up?’ I asked.

                  ‘ nothing… just saw you standing here.. are you going to the cafeteria?’ he asked.

                  ‘ yeah…’ I replied.

                  ‘ mind if I join you?’ he asked.

                  ‘ sure, let’s go.’ I said. 

 

Updating quickly cause i'm half done with this fic.. typing more in word~