chapter 1

Destiny

 

Da Eun POV

                  I’m finally back… We meet again Seoul.

It’s been 3 years since I came to Seoul. In those 3 years, I was busy attending university in John Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland. I decided to move back to Seoul and continue my studies here. The university I will be attending here is called Yonsei University. I researched about this University and decided it was a good place to continue my studies. I’m currently studying about medicine in hopes of becoming a pediatrician. I’m sure that I came back to Seoul only to see my parents and spend time with them, even after all the drama we faced before I left. Oh, by the way, I’m Yang Da Eun. I have 2 brothers named Yang Seungho and Yang Cheondung. I’m the youngest in my family and I’m 23 years old.

                  Right now, I’m waiting for my brothers to pick me up from the airport. They said that they’ll be a little late so I should just sit tight for a moment.

‘I’m just listening to the clock go ticking I am waiting

As the time goes by. I think of you with every breath I

Take I need to feel your heartbeat next to mine…’ my phone ringed.

           

Hello?’  

            ‘ Hey dongsaeng, where are you?’ Cheondung oppa asked.

                  ‘ oh, anyeong oppa. I’m waiting in Starbucks right now. Where are you?’ I asked.

                  ‘ I’m almost there with Seungho hyung. Oh, he wants to talk to you.’ Cheondung oppa replied.

                  ‘ okay’ I said.

                  ‘ What’s up lil sis!?’ Seungho oppa yelled.

                  ‘ hey~ I’m fine.’ I replied.

                  ‘ We’re sorry that we’re late… a certain someone took a very long time in the game store.’ He said.

                  ‘ it’s okay oppa… just come quick. I want to see umma and appa.’ I said.

                  ‘ okay. oh by the way, Khun came by the other day asking about you.’ he said.

Khun… why did he ask about me again? I don’t wanna meet him. Not now, not ever.

                  ‘ Urm, okay. what did you say?’ I asked curiously.

                  ‘ I told him you’re in Baltimore and that you’re not going back anytime soon.’ He said.

                  ‘ really? Well gomawo oppa…’ I said.

                  ‘ I know how you don’t want to meet him so… yeah.’ He said.

                  ‘ saranghaeee~’ I cooed.

                  ‘ haha, okay. we’ll arrive in 5 minutes. Cheondung will text you when we’re here.’ He said.

                  ‘ okay, bye.’ I said.

                  ‘ bye’ he said.

As I wait for my brothers, I can’t help think about Khun. I can’t see him. I’m never going to be ready to see him. He was kind of the reason why I left Seoul. Here’s a little summary of my life before I left:

                  Khun and I have been friends since we were little. He was my charming Thai prince and I was his beautiful princess. We went through everything together. He helped me whenever older kids bullied me. He was beside me when I cried because of a movie. He was always supportive when he looses in playing a video game with me. I’ve never called him oppa. Because I thought it was too cheesy. He was with me through thick and thin. Not long after we were in high school, I kind of fell in love with him and I believe he felt the same way to me too. He confessed to me in 10th grade. His confession was so sweet and innocent. We dated for 3 years until the bad happened. In those 3 years, people told us that we looked destined to be with each other. My mother and father wanted me to marry Khun, but their eyes landed on another guy named Minho. His parent’s company wanted to invest in my parent’s company, but he had to marry me first. My father didn’t like the guy or his parents, but he only thought about the money… instead of my happiness. My mother also wanted me to marry Minho because of the company. They both forgot about my happiness. My brothers tried to talk my parents out of it, but nothing worked. Nichkhun’s family is also rich, but they’ve never talked to my parents about investing… even though they’ve been friends for a long time. I told Khun about it, and he was very upset. He tried to talk my parents out of it, but Minho ruined everything. Minho started to act close with me, which I hated very much. Every time Khun wanted to stop him, his parents were always there. On the other hand, Khun also had his problems. A girl named Hyomin from school loved him to death. She would always take any opportunity to get close with him. She hated me so much that she tried to kill me once. Whenever Khun wasn’t around, she would bully me constantly with her girls. I never told Khun since it would just make a burden to him. Since I had a 3rd degree black belt in Taekwondo, I was able to protect myself. One day, Minho and I were alone and he had bad things in his mind. He almost kissed me, but I stopped him. When that happened, I didn’t know that Khun was there. He only saw the almost kiss part… not the me stopping him part. I found out later on that both Hyomin and Minho planned it together. Khun wouldn’t believe me, so we broke up. I hated him for not believing in me. The trust we’ve built on each other fell down just like that. From then on, I closed myself. I told my parents that I don’t want to marry Minho and that if I ever see his face again, I would not hesitate to kill him. Hyomin convinced Khun to date her, which was bull. I hated him for doing that too. Since school was ending, I decided to pick a college far from Korea. I found out about John Hopkins a week before my graduation and applied. I got a scholarship and needed to go to Baltimore as fast as possible. I did not tell anyone about it. I told my parents about it after I got in. they were happy for me… they apologized for the force marriage and promised to support me in whatever I want to do in the future. I told my brothers and they were psyched. I didn’t tell Khun about it though… when I left, my life was finally at peace. A year later, Khun found out that I was gone… what took him so long? My brothers told him about it. He was shocked. My brothers also told him about how Minho and Hyomin planned the kissing scene that made us fall apart. Fortunately, Hyomin was there so Khun interrogated her till she spilled everything. My brothers told me that he was so sorry and that he became very depressed. I wanted to forgive him really, but I just couldn’t. My head said yes, but my heart said no. I never got in touch with him from then on.