Chapter 7

In Love With My Childhood Friend (Story Ver.)

He hesitated before clicking on her name. A chat box immediately opened, revealing their past conversation which was exactly two years ago. 

 
Dugun Dugun Dugun
 
His heart started accelerating as nervousness replaced his confident self. His fingers shaking while his mind was asking several questions all at the same time. Unconsciously, he started typing.
 
I'm sorry...
 
 
Ding Ding~
 
A minute after Haneul got comfortable in her warm bed, her phone, which was on the nightstand, went off. She muttered a few curses before lazily reaching towards her phone and turning it on.  To her surprise, the notification was for her Facebook account.
 
'Kim Seokjin has sent you a message' it read. Haneul fumbled to get into the application as her stomach started doing flips. 
 
I'm sorry...
 
She wanted to reply, but she couldn't think of what to type. Her fingers floated above the keypad as she kept stating at the message on the screen. Seconds after another message came in.
 
'You have every right to be mad at me and to hate me.'
 
'Pabo'  she typed as rage started to build up on her.
 
'I know I am.'  
 
 
Jin stared at his screen. She replied. She actually replied! They texted for a while, most of the messages were Jin apologizing.
 
Until...
 
'Jin, did you sister tell you yet?'
 
A new message came in.
 
Tell me what?
 
He immediately got a reply after he typed it out.
 
 
Haneul took a deep breath as her screen read 'Tell me what?'. She knew it was now or never, so she poured all her feelings into once sentence.
 
'That... I like you.' 
 
 
Jin stared at his screen. He knew this would happen.  
 
Should I tell her that I like her back...? Or...
 
All he could think about was Haneul. Not the Haneul that he was talking to right now, but the one that he went shopping with, the one that shared a kiss with him. 
 
Jin knew that his childhood friend had a crush on him. He knew ever since ninth grade, but was stubborn enough to ignore her feelings. Was stubborn enough to like her back but stupidly left before he could say 'I love you' to her. Was stupid enough to fall for another girl. 
 
He closed his eyes before sending a reply.
 
 
 
Haneul never realized that one sentence could crush her forever. That one sentence that would leave a colossal scar on her heart forever. Trying to be strong, she replied back saying that she had to sleep and quickly turned off her phone before he could reply.
 
The tears kept flowing as the world came crashing down. She was sure that he liked her back because of all the rumors at school and from his family members. 
 
She her lips broke into a weak smile. Who knew someone's heart could change so fast. 
 
Now she was even more determined than ever.
 
 
Starting tomorrow, I'm going to find out who you like Kim Seokjin! No matter what!
 
 
 
 
A/N: These two are such pabos... 
Jin: You're the author here!
Haneul: Yeah! >.< 
A/N: are you saying that I'm the pabo?!
Both: yes :)
 
 
A/N: So far, does the story make sense to you? Is it good? To be honest, I'm just typing whatever comes to mind... I dont want to dissapoint all my readers...

Last Updated: Aug 6/2013

Word Count: 529