Chapter 3

In Love With My Childhood Friend (Story Ver.)

Haneul

Right when we arrived at the TS building, our manager’s phone went off. We couldn’t really tell what he and the person on the other end were talking about, but when he hung up, he stared at us before shooing us back into the van. What’s going on?

“Oppa, where are we going?” Kira asked.

“Big Hit building, apparently one of the managers wants you two to collaborate with a group,” he replies while focusing on the road.

“I wonder which group! I hope it’s the 2AM sunbaes!”

Rolling my eyes, I look out the window and watch the scenery change until we reached the building.

Following a staff member, we entered the elevator and exited on the 12th floor. I wonder who we’re going to be collaborating with…

As we arrived to a dance studio, we could see several boys dancing. They look familiar. I glanced at Kira who had her hands over . Entering the dance studio, I realise who the people were and mentally face palmed myself. Crap….

The seven boys immediately bowed to us. The guy with shades went over to the stereo and turned it off, before he was reunited with his group.

“Bang~ Tan! Hello we are Bangtan Boys!” they all chanted and did a 90 degrees bow.

“Hello! We are…LEGACY, nice to meet you!” Kira and I politely bowed.

“As you know,” Bangtan’s manager started, “Bangtan and Legacy will be collaborating to make a song as well as the choreography to go with it.”

“We’ve picked the members individually based on their skills to undergo each task.” Our manager passed out a sheet of paper to everyone who had our names on it and with tasks.

“Since there are only two girls and seven boys, we’ve decided that the two girls will be doing multiple tasks, just to make it far for everyone.”

“This will be a group project, so that means that there will be no trainers or dancers to help you. All nine of you will have to work together in order to help make this work,” All of our jaws dropped when my manager said that.

“You’ve got to be kidding me…” Kira gasped.

“Hyung are you crazy? Do you really think we’ll be able to do this?” Jin shouted, earning nods from s.

“Have some faith guys! Anyways, good luck!” and with that our managers LEFT us.

Name

Task

Kim Namjoon

Lyrics/Rap Trainer/Producer

Min Yoongi

Lyrics/Rap Trainer/Producer

Kim Taehyung

Vocalist Trainer

Park Jimin

Vocalist Trainer

Kim Seokjin

Vocalist Trainer

Jung Hoseok

Dance Trainer

Jeon Jeongguk

Dance Trainer/Rap Trainer

Lee Haneul

Dance Trainer/Vocalist Trainer

Yang Kirin

Lyrics/Rap Trainer

 

DUE DATE OF LYRICS: 2nd Week of July

DUE DATE OF CHOREOGRAPHY: 3rd Week of July

DUE DATE OF PRODUCED SONG: End of July

DUE DATE OF COVER: End of July

 

 

“Do they really think that we’ll be able to do this?” The really pale guy said.

“Hyungs, can you really produce the song when it’s done?” The boy with the black fringe asked his the older boys.

“I’m sure we can make it work,” the guy with shades replied with a smile.

As I read the paper, I couldn’t tell who was who except for Jin.

“Kira, come here,” I motioned her to come.

“What’s up?”

“Who’s who?” I asked her, pointing to the names and then to the boys. She laughed, then went over to the guy with shades and told him my dilemma.

“Of course we should! If we’re going to work together, we at least have know each other’s names right?” he smiled and called over s. “Ok boys, we have to know each other’s names so we’re going to individually introduce ourselves.”

One by one, they all introduced themselves.  I learned that the pale guy’s stage name was Suga. I secretly laughed because the name fit so well with his pale complexion.

 

After a few chit chats, we decided to nominate two leaders if we wanted to get stuff done properly and quickly before our due date.

“Well, I think Namjoon hyung is a good leader,” J-Hope spoke. Using the whiteboard that was conveniently stored in this room, Jimin wrote Rap Monster’s name.

“I agree, hyung is a really great leader,” Jungkook agreed. A check mark was written beside RM’s name.

“Two, wait… Three votes for Namjoon hyung!” Jimin exclaimed as he wrote an extra check mark beside RM’s name (an extra since he voted too).

“I was thinking of having one of the girls being a leader,” Taehyung spoke up, earning a few nods here and there.

“Which one do you have in mind?” Jin asked.

“Erm, well…”

“I think we should have a leader for each section, not just two leaders in general.”  Kira piped up.

“What do you mean?” I asked her.

“Well, there are five groups, Vocalist Trainers, Rap Trainers, Lyricists, Dance Trainers and Producers. Each should have about one or two leaders for each section, that way all sections won’t fall apart.”

“That’s pretty cool,” “I like that idea” we talked among ourselves until the leaders were finally chosen.

 

Section Leader

Section

Namjoon

Lyricists

Yoongi

Producer

Jimin, Hoseok, Haneul

Dance Trainer

Jin, Jimin

Vocalist Trainer

Kirin, Jeongguk

Rap Trainer

 

“Ok, I think we should work on the lyrics first since they’re the hardest,” RM spoke.

“Good idea, why don’t we pitch in a few ideas to get you started so then we can work on our vocals,” I said, “All of us should have at least one or two ideas of any subject.”

With our thinking caps on, we managed to come up with these topics:

Love

Party/Fun

Dreams

 

“Namjoon, Yoongi, you two can pick the topic since you’re the lyricists,” V spoke. The two waved goodbye before exiting the dance studio.

“So what should we work on now?” I asked, “We don’t have the lyrics so we can’t practice our parts.”

“Why don’t we practice our dancing? I’m sure since all of us have different styles, our synchronization will be off so we should practice that now,” J-Hope explained as he walked over to the stereo, “What genres do you girls listen to?”

“Rap, hip-hop, dance-“

“Don’t forget rock and pop!” Kira interrupted with excitement.

“Basically all genres except country and heavy metal,” I replied. J-Hope busily scrolled through the lists of songs that they had. “What about this song?”

 

~Poppin bottles in the ice, like a blizzard

When we drink we do it right gettin slizzard

Sippin sizzurp in my ride, in my ride, like Three 6

Now I'm feelin so fly like a G6Like a G6, Like a G6

Now now now now now now I'm feelin so fly like a G6

Like a G6, Like a G6

Now now now now now now I'm feelin so fly like a G6~

 

“Oh! I love this song!” we both shouted. J-Hope chuckled and told the boys to find a spot on the floor. Once everyone was ready, he pressed rewind and the song replayed again. All of the boys started free styling except for Kira and I. We danced to our choreography that we came up with when we danced to this song last week. We kept dancing, but then noticed that the dance floor had more space. Looking around, we noticed the boys all crowded in the back, watching us dance.

“Hey! We’re supposed to train together!” Kira pouted.

“You guys created your own choreography for this song?” Jimin asked in shock. We hesitantly nodded before we were suddenly crowded.

“Teach us! Teach us! It looks cool!” Jungkook begged.

 

And so, our babysitting adventure started…

 

 

Suga

Entering the ‘Bangtan Room’, Namjoon and I sat down and started to discuss the lyrics. Within a few hours, we finally got the song together.

“Wow! I didn’t think we’d manage to do this!” I shouted in happiness.

“Says the one who I Like It under 40 minutes.”

“Whatever,” I stuck out my tongue and proceeded to the dance studio to tell everyone the good news.

 

Jin

It was already 3pm and all of us were starving. Sprawled across the floor, I got up and offered to go get snacks.

“Haneul-shi, can you go with Jin?” Suga whined.

“Why me?” Haneul complained, but Jungkook and Kira each shot her a glare. She groaned and got up, following me out the door.

“Why didn’t you want to come?” I asked her.

“Too much work, besides, if I walk more I’ll get hungrier,” I laughed at her response.

“But we get to eat first,” I smiled.

 

Haneul

Don’t. Smile. Please! Omg… I was seriously going crazy when he smiled at me. Something tells me that Suga wanted me to go with Jin so I could die…

 

Jin

As we arrived to the convenient store, the lady at the counter eyed us as if we were a couple. She giggled a bit before continuing on with her business.

“What was that all about?” Haneul whispered. I shrugged and walked towards the snack aisle. I grabbed a bunch of random snacks before turning around to get some more on the other shelves.

“Oh! Take these too!” she dropped a few sour key packets into the basket and continued looking around. These are the one that she likes… Come to think of it, both of them have the exact same personality and likes… Even their names!

“Can you stop staring at me?” a female voice asked. I suddenly realised that I was staring at Haneul.

“Sorry,” I barely mumbled a response. She rolled her eyes, grabbed the basket and walked up to the cashier to pay. I immediately ran over and took out my wallet.

“I’m paying,”

“No, it’s fine Jin, I’ll be paying,”

“No, no it’s fine, I’ll pay.” I sent her a glare, earning a glare back.

“Such a cute couple,” we heard the lady say. Both of us swung our heads towards her.

“WHAT?!”

“Aigoo, I’ll give you a discount since you two are so cute together!”

As we exited the store and walked back to the studio in embarrassment, J-Hope and Jimin instantly took the bags from our hands and chucked a few snacks to the other members.

“What took you so long?” Namjoon asked.

“You do not want to know,”

 

 

 

 

Word Count: 1712

Last Updated: July 26/2013


A/N: Thank you for reading! ^^ What will happen in chapter 4? :3