Final

In Love With My Childhood Friend (Story Ver.)

 

Jin
 
It's been a week since her mother passed away. A week since we've last had an actual conversation. I wanted to give her space since her mother's death shocked her a lot, but I wanted to give myself some time to think as well. 
 
The members suddenly blurted out questions when we left the funeral place, asking things like 'do you like her?' or 'Why are you suddenly so close?'. It was annoying, but I had to tell them the truth, otherwise, they would continue yapping away. Their expressions were priceless, especially Jungkook's!
 
 
 
Our collaboration song came out yesterday as well as the photos. I have to admit, we did a pretty good job considering all the events that happened to us lately. 
 
We wanted to celebrate our success last night, but for some reason Haneul didn't want to come. She just said there was a lot of stuff to take care of and what nots and left early. Was it because I was being nice to her like the old times that made her leave early or was it because of her mother's death? 
 
I decided to shrug it off until today, when Kira called me at 10pm, saying that Haneul needed help. 
 
I didn't get it until I arrived, when I found out that she locked herself in her room since this morning. 
 
"Why did you call me and not your manager?" I asked Kira.
 
She frowned before saying "You're her best friend aren't you? You should know why she's like this." 
 
I copied her expression. "Just because i'm her best friend doesn't mean I know everything." 
 
She led me to Haneul's room and left me to get something. 
 
"Please, at least make her eat." She said as she brought back a bowl of congee (Chinese rice porridge). I took the bowl and knocked on the door.
 
"Haneul-ah! It's me, Jin. I'm coming in!" I tried go sound cheerful, but in this atmosphere, my voice turned out to be weird. I tried opening the door but found that it was locked. 
 
"Here," Kira took out a key and inserted it into the keyhole. Click.
 
I turned the knob and stepped inside the dark room, where the only source of light was from the moon that shone through the window. A dark figure sat in the farthest corner of the room. 
 
"Haneul, here, I brought some congee." I softly said as I slowly approached her. I set the bowl down on the nightstand and sat beside her. Her face was buried in her knees with her dark hair falling over her knees. 
 
"Haneul-ah..." She didn't move. 
 
I called for her again. "Haneul..." 
 
"It's all my fault..." I heard her suddenly say. 
 
"What.. Do you mean?" I asked. 
 
"It's all my fault that she's dead." 
 
I stiffened before relaxing and patted her back. "It's not your fault, don't say that." 
 
"It is!" She shouted as she faced me with those pain-filled eyes, the ones that I don't ever want to see. 
 
"My dad... He left on a business trip for three years. He trusted me to take care of mom. But I was stupid... I got in at TS Ent. and completely forgot about her. She was sick while I was away, but I never knew about it and continued to train.
 
If only... If only I was there then this wouldn't have happened!" 
 
She broke down and cried. I took her head and leaned it against my shoulder. "Just cry, but Haneul, mo matter what, this was never your fault. Even if you blame yourself, your mother will always forgive you. Like the time when you stole her necklace and told her that someone robbed the house. She forgave you that time." 
 
"You..?"
 
I smiled at her and nodded. "Yeah, I remember. I'm sorry for being a jerk. You've grown up the past years that I didn't even recognize you and mistaked you for another person."
 
Her sobs seemed to have died down... 
 
"Jin... I don't care what you've done to me. I'm just glad that you still remember me. 
 
I was afraid that you would have forgotten me when you got into the idol world. I held a grudge on you for leaving and for not saying goodbye.
 
Now that I look back at it, it was pretty stupid of me to do that." She laughed.
 
"You laughed..." 
 
She stopped at stared at me. "I guess I did..." She whispered. I got up and grabbed the congee. Sitting on her bed, I patted a spot next to me and she gladly sat down. 
 
"Say 'ahhhh'!" 
 
"I can feed myself!" She scolded but I put the spoon in before it could close. She stared at me for a moment before taking out the spoon and turning away. 
 
"Are you mad Neul-ah?" I pouted, giving my best ageyo. 
 
"Stop that Jinnie!" She turned around and I stuffed another spoonful in . "Yah!!! I'm going to take your princess fan if you don't stop it!"
 
"No! Not my fan!!!" I immediately took out the spoon and placed it back into the bowl, handing it to her in defeat. I could see a smirk on her face. She slowly picked up the spoon and forcefully shoved it into my mouth.
 
"Yah!" I shouted, but suddenly felt my cheeks getting warmer. 
 
Indirect kiss...
 
I could see her eyes growing wide. She immediately placed the bowl back on the nightstand and turned her back towards me. "S-Sorry..." 
 
"Nah, it's fine." I whispered and backed hugged her, "it would be nice if you did that to me every day." 
 
I could tell that her cheeks were getting even more red than before. 
 
I needed to tell her..
 
 
 
"Haneul-ah."
 
"Y-Yes...?" 
 
 
 
"사랑해요"
 
Subconsciously, I kissed her. I could feel her tense up, but then, she kissed me back.
 
 
"나도 사랑해"

 


Last updated: Aug 31/2013

Completed: Aug 31/2013

 

Hello! Author-nim here! Thank you for reading ILWMCHF! ^0^ It's finally done! I want to thank you everyone for reading, subscribing, commenting and upvoting! You guys are the best!!! I'll be continuing my other stories now~! 

 

Sorry for the ending... Is it ok? 

 

-bigbangxnuest