Prologue

In Love With My Childhood Friend (Story Ver.)

Elementary

So here I was, standing in front of his house with my hands on my hips, puffed cheeks and most definitely an angry expression plastered on my face. He lied to me; again.

“I said I was sorry!” Jin cried in his 8 year old voice.

“You promised me that you’d take me out for icecream!” I pouted.

“Mom wanted me to practice the piano though. She’d have my head if I didn’t come home right away!” We both slightly shivered, picturing his mom in angry mode.

“I'll forgive you this time, but tomorrow you’re taking me out for icecream!” I pointed my finger at him. He only laughed and nodded, letting me in the house where his sister Nana came running towards me.

“Hi unnie!”

 

Middle School

“How could you?!” I screamed. That little joker will never learn will he?

“Haha, sorry Haneul! Gotta go!” he shouted back, as he ran past me with a crowd of girls right behind him.

“Boys will never learn, especially my stupid brother,” remarked Nana as she helped me regain my sanity.

“I can’t believe he would do that! Oh gosh my life is over!”

 

High School

“Alright, I’m going to do it!” I said to myself. Walking towards him, I could see another figure in front of him. I hid behind a corner with my letter close to me.

“I’ll pick you up at 8 alright?” he said as he kissed the figure. I’m not sure where, but it looked like it was on the lips. Crash! My heart just broke into a thousand pieces.

“See you tonight oppa!” the figure laughed. The high pitched female voice giggled as the two parted ways.

 

A month later, he left.

“KIM SEOKJIN, HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME?!” I shouted at the sky as my knees gave in and I fell onto the concrete sidewalk. He left me without saying a word. He left to become the biggest star in all of Korea, without saying goodbye, without saying goodbye to his best friend. To the one who knows and cares for him the most.

 

I ran all the way to Jin’s house and banged on the front door until it swung open.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I cried as I forced myself into the house. Nana stood there, frozen and unable to speak. “Why huh?!”

She looked away with tears starting to form in her eyes.

“I thought I could trust you,” my voice was now almost a soft whisper, “I thought you were my best friend. Best friends are supposed to tell each other everything!”

She wanted to say something, but I didn’t let her and stormed out of the house.

 

Days went by, and soon those days turned into weeks, months, almost a whole year. He didn’t even bother to text me or call me, saying that he was sorry, saying that he would be gone. My whole world crashed down right onto me as I felt betrayed by my two best friends. They were practically my life, but now that they were gone, I felt alone.

 

I logged onto YouTube and saw that there was a video from BigHit entertainment. The little thumbnail looked sort of like Jin, so I clicked on it without hesitation. Then, the video started playing, with Jin and a few other boys singing and rapping. I was angry. I couldn’t watch it anymore and immediately turned off my computer.

 

 

Present

Here I am now, sitting in my chair as my mom pleads me to stop.

“Please Haneul! You don’t have to do this!” she says, trying to grab the pair of scissors from my hand.

“Mom, I have to. If I want to become a singer, I have to start by getting a haircut,” I replied. I was about to snip a part of my hair when she grabbed my hand.

“At least go to a hair salon,”  

So I walked over to a nearby hair salon and got my hair done. I was lucky enough that I had a few hours to spare before the auditions for TS Entertainment started so I took a stroll around a park.

“Haneul?” a familiar voice cried out to me. I turned around and saw her. Quickly running away, I bolt towards the other direction and into a crowd where she doesn’t see me. I thought she wouldn’t notice me! How could Nana recognize me!

I brushed off the thought and made it towards a building where the auditions were being held.

I gave the receptionist my information, my ID card and soon enough, I got my number. Just only 100 more people to go… I sighed at the thought and slouched in my chair, watching the nervous people disappear into another room.

“Is this seat taken?” someone asks me. I look up to see a super pretty girl.

“Nope,” I simply say and continue watching the people around me.

“You’re here to audition too huh?” she looks around the room.

“Yeah, from the looks of it, the judges are super harsh,”

“TS judges are probably easier than SM and YG…”

I whipped my head towards her with big eyes, “You tried out there?” she simply nodded with a pained expression.

“They’re very harsh, and very picky with looks and stuff. Not only that, but when they’re critiquing your singing or rapping, they tell you all the negative things and never the positive.”

(A/N: I love SM and YG Ent, but I had to make them sound harsh so it would fit the story… Please don’t kill me! TT_TT)

“Wow…” was all I could say.

“By the way, I’m Yang Kirin, but please call me Kira.”

“I’m Haneul or Sky if you’re really good at English,” I laugh.

“Number 1693!” a lady shouted, “Lee Haneul?”

I quickly stood up, bid my farewells and followed the lady into a small room where there was a stage and a long table with three people sitting behind it.

After all the questions, I finally got to sing.

 

~jigeum naega haneun yaegi
neol apeuge halji molla
ama nal jukdorok miwohage doel kkeoya

 

naega yejeon gatji antadeon ne mal
modu teullin mareun aniya
nado byeonhaebeorin naega nat seolgimanhae

 

neomu chakhan neonde neon geudaeroinde Oh

 

I don’t know I don’t know
naega wae ireoneunji

 

geutorok saranghaenneunde neon yeogi inneunde Oh

 

I don’t know
ije nal chatgo sipeo

 

Baby I’m sorry neowa isseodo nan lonely
saranghagin naega bujokhanga bwa
ireon motnan nal yongseohae

 

I’m sorry ige neowa naui story
sarangiran naegen gwabunhanga bwa
ne gyeote isseodo

 

Baby I’m so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely
Baby I’m so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely
Baby I’m so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely
Baby I’m so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely~

 

 

 

 

 

I had my head on my desk, a bored expression on my face as I waited for the time to fly by. Soon enough, the bell rang and I quickly got up and out of the classroom.

Running home and opening my mailbox, my lips curved into a bright smile as I finally received my letter that I’ve been waiting for such a long time. Throwing the rest of the mail onto the counter, I ran into my room and sliced open the letter.

 

Congratulations! You have been selected to be a trainee at TS Entertainment. Please contact your teachers (if you are in school that is), that you will be a trainee at TS Entertainment and won’t be attending most classes for the next couple of years. Your first day will start this week on Friday. Please look over your schedule that we have sent along with this letter so you can plan ahead.

Thank you,

TS Staff.

 

I screamed with joy and started jumping up and down. I was so overjoyed, that I immediately ran back to school to tell my teachers. 

 

As I walked down the halls, I smirked to myself.

Kim Seokjin, I’m coming for you!

 

 


Chapter 1 is now up! Thank you for those who have subscribed before this chapter was out! ^0^ I feel so overjoyed to have many people interested in my story~! Official poster will be coming soon! ^^