Chapter 1

In Love With My Childhood Friend (Story Ver.)

1 year later (where the story really starts)

A/N: I know BTS trained for 3 years, but for the story's sake, let’s just make it one ok? :)

 

 

Jin

“Ack, seriously, did you have to step that hard?” I glared at Jungkook and Jimin after we took a break from practicing our routine. My back... TT_TT

“Sorry hyung, but I can’t really control how hard I step…” Jimin apologizes.

“Do you want ice hyung?” Jungkook asks, but I shake my head in reply.

“It’s fine Kookie but Jimin, make sure you don’t step so hard next time.”

“Hey guys, did you hear about the new duo that just debuted?” Taehyung suddenly interrupts our conversation.

“Which new duo are you talking about? There’s like a lot of people who debuted recently,” Suga says.

“Erm, I forget which company… I think it was… TS?”

“Man, TS is working the kids hard huh?” Namjoon remarks, earning nods from everyone.

 

After piling into the van to towards the Arirang building for our practice performance, Namjoon turns on the radio which blares out an unfamiliar tune.

~I’m hot hot hot hot fire
dwijib-eojigi jeon-e
jebal nuga nal jom mallyeo

osjang-eul yeol-eo gajang
sangkeumhan os-eul geolchigo
geoul-e bichin nae eolgul-eul
kkomkkomhi salpigo
jigeum-eun yeodeolb si
yagsogsigan-eun yeodeolb si ban
dodohan geol-eum-eulo naseon i bam

Nega jeil jal naga

Nega jeil jal naga

Nega jeil jal naga

Nega jeil jal naga

Nega jeil jal naga

Je je jeil jal naga~

 

“We’re here Simply K-Pop!” Jungkook suddenly announces as the car comes to a full stop, but my mind is in another world as I continue to listen to the song.

Who’s that girl singing?

Just then, Taehyung shakes me out of my trance. “Hyung, didn’t you hear Kook-ah? We’re at the building already.”

“Ah, sorry,” I immediately got out of the car and quickly walked into the building with a flushed face.

 

“Hey hyung, it’s almost our turn, stop staring off into space!” Namjoon scolds me. I apologized to him and got off the chair, walking over to the guys.

“1, 2, 3, Bangtan, Bangtan, FIGHTING!” we all cheered and got onto the stage.

 

“Yah, Seokjin! Introduce yourself!” J-Hope nudges me. I quickly shake my head, lifting one hand in the air and did a short introduction of myself.

“Ok, please standby!” the director cried. Soon, our first song ‘We Are Bulletproof Pt.2” filled up the stage and we started dancing to the beat.

 

~Ireumeun jung kook seukeireun jeonguk
Hakgyo daesin yeonseupsireseo
Bamsae chumeul chugo norae bulleonne
Neohuiga nol ttae nan kkumeul
Jipdohamyeo jameul chamagamyeo
Maeil bamsae bolpeneul jamne
Achim haega tteun dwie na nuneul gamne
Ijungjatdaewa sumanheun bandae
Sogeseo kkaebuswobeorin naui hangye
Geue banhae jaesu joke hoesae keontaekdoen sokching
Norae mot hae raeppeoreul danghan
Neohuiege raeppeoraneun taiteureun sachi~

 

 

“Ya, hyung, what’s wrong? You’re so out of it today,” Suga says after our rehersal stage. I shrug and continue to walk forward but the rest of the members all scurry ahead to stop me.

“Seriously, what’s wrong Jin-ah,” Namjoon puts his arm around my shoulder.

“I feel like… I’m forgetting something,” I reply with hesitation. "Something from the past."

“I sometimes feel like that too hyung! Don’t worry, you probably didn’t forget anything,” Jimin cries.

"Yeah, besides, the past is the past." Jungkook says. We laugh it off and continued walking down the hall.

 

Haneul

“Come on unnie! We’re almost there!” Kira shouts as she drags me down the halls of Simply K-Pop. A few idol groups look at us weirdly as we dash down the hall at full speed. Gosh this girl had a lot of sugar today!

Suddenly out of nowhere, a random group of guys appeared, causing us to crash into them.

“Kira I told you not to run so fast!” I yell, “I’m sorry!” I quickly apologized to the boys. But when I opened my eyes, the person I hated (yet loved) the most stood before of me. Jin…

“It’s fine. Just remember to tell your friend to slow down next time,” he laughs and helps Kira up.

“Hey, aren’t you Bangtan Boys?” Kira perks up. The boys nod and she lets out a squeal. Bangtan Boys huh…

“Noona, are you a fan?” the guy with shades asked.

“Yes I am Namjoon, but I’m not your noona, I’m your dongsaeng,” Namjoon? Is that his stage name?

“Seems like you know all the members.”

“Get in line and I’ll I can name off each member perfectly,”

“Maknae, stop it we have to go before our manager becomes the Tasmanian devil again,” I say and drag her along by the arm as she waves with the other.

To be honest, we still had an hour before it was our turn. I felt suffocated back there and needed leave. If I didn’t, I would of exploded at him and probably cause a huge scene.

“You’re so mean Sky! I really wanted to talk to them more!” Kira pouted.

“We could have been dead back there if manager-nim came to check on us,” I glared at her.

“Legacy, it’s your turn,” one of the staff came in and gestured us to come on stage.

“1, 2, 3, LEGACY FIGHTING!” we both chanted and quickly followed the staff member.

Looking around after we got onto the stage, I saw the seven boys from earlier, watching us at the sidelines.

“Tch, what are they still doing here?” I whisper to myself.

“Please introduce yourselves,” the director says. I look at Kira, sending her a ‘You go first’ look but she gives me one of those death glares in return.

“Hello! I am Sky, the leader and vocalist of Legacy. Please treat me well!” I say.

“Hello! I am Kira, the rapper and maknae of the duo! I will work hard!” Kira follows and we get into position.

“Please standby,” the director announces and soon, our song came on.

 

~Naega jeil jal naga
Naega jeil jal naga
Naega jeil jal naga
Naega jeil jal naga

Nuga nega naboda deo jal naga?
No no no no Na na na na
Nuga nega naboda deo jal naga?
No no no no Na na na na
Nuga nega naboda deo jal naga?
No no no no Na na na na
Nuga nega naboda deo jal naga?
No no no no Na na na na


Bam Ratatata Tatatatata
Bam Ratatata Tatatatata
Bam Ratatata Tatatatata
Bam Ratatata Tatatatata
Bam Ratatata Tatatatata
Oh my god~

 

“Thank you! Thank you!” the both of us say as we descend from the stage.  We were about to enter our rooms when the seven boys (I think they were called... Big Hit Boys…?) from earlier approach us.

“Good job! I liked the performance!” the Namjoon guy compliments.

“Thank you! I really enjoyed your performance too!” Kira exclaims. I knew she was trying to not fan girl in front of them.

My eyes trailed towards Jin who stared at me back with the same old look on his face. Only a few minutes later did the two of us notice that both groups left us alone.

“I never had that long of a staring contest with someone before,” he laughs. It's now or never...  He walked off in the opposite direction but I grabbed his arm. Looking up, he raises an eyebrow in curiosity.

“Do… You still remember me?” I ask him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He laughs before walking off.

“Sorry, but this is the first time we’ve met.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Word Count: 1,241

Published Date: 02/07/2013

Last Updated: 15/02/2015