Chapter 9

In Love With My Childhood Friend (Story Ver.)

 

Jin ran. He ran, and ran until he finally arrived at the dance studio, where Haneul and Jungkook were. Not bothering to knock, he swung open the door and pulled her out of the room, taking off again.
 
"W-What's going on?" She stuttered as she tried to keep up with Jin's speed. The older slammed the elevator button but was too impatient to wait and quickly walked down the stairs with Haneul following. 
 
"Jin, what's going on?!" She repeated, raising her voice even louder. She tripped a few times but managed to keep up with the serious Jin.
 
They entered the parking lot, still running. The scenery changed too fast for Haneul's liking so she stopped running, causing Jin to pull her forward, making the two fall.
 
"What the hell?!" He screamed and got up.
 
"I should be saying that idiot! What's. Going. On?!" The girl shouted at the older. He rubbed his temples before grabbing the girl. 
 
"I've got no time to explain. Just tell me where you freaking live." He demanded.
 
"Why? So you can stalk me?" She furrowed her eyebrows.
 
"Just tell me where you live!" Jin shouted. His expression told Haneul that he was angry, but even with his sudden attitude, she was still confused.
 
"My dorm or-"
 
"Where you lived before the dormitory," he sighed. While she was telling him her address, he pulled her by the wrist and walked towards his manager's car,  jamming the keys in the keyhole and unlocking the door. 
 
"Get in," he demanded. The girl obliged and entered the car, immediately putting on the seatbelt, whereas Jin didn't care and the engine.
 
As they pulled out of the parking lot, Jin fished out Haneul's phone from his pocket. The younger's eyes widened and immediately snatched the phone from his hand.
 
"Why do you have my phone?" She angrily asked. 
 
"Read the latest text message," Jin said, focusing on the road ahead. He braced himself of what would happen next.
 
Stopping at a red light, he looked over at the girl, who was now silently bawling her eyes out. She re-read it a few times before she could finally take in what was written on the screen. 
 
"Now you know why I suddenly pulled you out," he spoke, taking his right hand and gently rubbing her back as she cried. 
 
Jin's heart broke as he heard her silent cries. All he could do for the poor girl was getting her to her destination, before the worse would come. 
 
 
 
 
And the worse came indeed. 
 
Haneul's phone suddenly rang. The girl immediately answered it, carefully listening to the person on the other end. 
 
"Go to Seoul Hospital, now!" She yelled at Jin. He took a u-turn and sped off, carefully  listening to the girl.
 
When they arrived, the two entered the building with a big boom, causing people near them to look but they didn't care. Haneul ran to the receptionist and asked about her mother's condition. The two was then led to the ER room where a familiar face caught the attention of Jin.
 
"M-Mr. Lee?!" He asked in shock. 
 
"Appa!" Haneul cried and ran towards her father. The two cried together in each other's arms as they waited for their loved one to come out.
 
"Oppa..." A soft voice spoke, making Jin turn around.
 
"Nana..." He whispered, "What are you doing here?" 
 
"I figured everything out."
 
"What do you mean?" 
 
"Your dilemma with the 'Haneuls, I figured everything out."
 
The two looked over at the crying pair, sadness written all over their faces.
 
"That Haneul over there," his sister stated, "is your childhood friend. She is also the leader of the duo group Legacy, the girl you currently have a crush on," 
 
Jin looked at her in shock, trying to process what he was just told. "W-What...?" Was all that left from his mouth.
 
"Your feelings for your childhood friend have not gone away. That girl, is our best friend, Lee Haneul. The one you have a crush on. The one that you stupidly rejected because you thought there were two Haneuls in your life." Nana finished, frowning. 
 
Everything started to make sense for Jin. He looked at Haneul who was now wiping away her tears with her sleeve. He finally understood why his heart was beating so fast when he was with her and why it broke as he saw her cry. 
 
"Go to her," his younger sister whispered. Jin immediately took off. Within seconds, he embraced the small, fragile girl in his arms, running his hands through her hair as she broke into tears once again. He had so much to say, but all he could do, was comfort the girl, hoping for the best. 
 
Then, the ER room light went off and two doctors came out. Everyone held their breaths.
 
"I'm sorry..." 
 
Those two words hit everyone in the face, hard. Haneul could not believe it, she couldn't. Ripping herself from Jin's embrace she ran towards the ER room but was stopped by the doctors. She screamed her mother's name as she cried, struggling from the doctors' grasp. She didn't want to accept it. She still wanted to believe that her mother was still alive on this planet.
 
Then, Jin came up to her and wrapped his arms around her. The doctors could only walk away with apologetic eyes as they went to their next patient. 
 
"You monsters!" She screamed at the two figures. Jin hugged her tighter. She punched his chest, clawed on his back, even bit his arms but he kept holding onto her. 
 
"Haneul, just let it out." He quietly told her as he felt her punches getting stronger and stronger. She suddenly dropped to the ground, her arms wrapped around her legs as she cried. This sight made Jin's heart tear even more. 
 
"Why...?" She whispered before blacking out. 
 
 
 
 
It was raining when they came to say their goodbyes. Even though they were inside, mourning her death, they could still feel nothing but sadness and apologetic. Friends of the woman walked past the girl, whispering how sorry they were for her and her father. 
 
Haneul gripped onto her dress with her head hanging down. She didn't want to see their faces. Then, ten figures entered the room. They looked at the girl, worried about her state. After they said goodbye to Haneul's mother, Jin walked up to Haneul and held her hand. She looked up.  Her swollen eyes told him that she had been crying for most of the night. Behind Jin stood Bangtan, Kira and their managers who all looked at her with worried eyes. 
 
"She's in a better place now," Jin whispered. Haneul gazed back at him. Looking back at her mother's photograph, she replayed all the memories of her, both good and bad. 
 
Jin sat beside her, wrapping his arms around her like he did the other day. "Let it out."
 
 
And with that, the room was filled with cries. 
 
 

The story is coming to an end!! T0T

Last Updated: Aug 20/2013