What a small world. - Mummy

A Halloweenish Story

“Introducing Mr. Sungmin Lee and Ms. Sunny Lee.” The announcer said. Pictures were taken and people clapped.

“Where are your brothers?” Mr. Lee asked.
“They should be here soon.” Sungmin said.

“You should be proud, Donghae is bringing someone this year.” Sunny said.

“Really, this is surprising.” Mr.Lee said.

“Yea, it really is surprising.” Sungmin said.

“So when are you two going to get married?” Mr. Lee asked. Sungmin froze and Sunny giggled.

“Mr. Lee, we aren’t even in that kind of relationship.” Sunny said.

“Come on, Sungmin, don’t make a girl wait or she is going to find someone else.” Mr. Lee said. Sunny just giggled.

“Dad…” Sungmin said.

“Introducing Mr. Donghae Lee and Ms. Jessica Jung.” The announcer said. Again, pictures were taken and people clapped.

“Ah, your brother has arrived.” Mr. Lee said. Mr.Lee, Sungmin, and Sunny went over to Donghae and Jessica.

 

“Hey guys.” Donghae said, waving his dad down. Jessica held on to Donghae tightly. She wasn’t comfortable being around so many people.

“Jessica, this is my dad, my brother Sungmin, and his date, Sunny Lee.” Donghae said. Jessica smiled and bowed to everyone.

“You are a beautiful girl.” Mr. Lee said, patting Donghae in the back. Jessica wore a royal blue, strapless, dress that flowed down to her feet. Her hair was in a bun.

“Thanks.” Jessica said.

“Sunny looks nice too.” Donghae said. Sunny was wearing a bloody red dress that flowed down to her feet. She was wearing a fox cardigan with her hair flowing down.

“Thank you Donghae.” Sunny said.

 “Should we sit down?” Sungmin said.

“Yes, yes, where is Eunhyuk?” Mr. Lee asked. Donghae and Sungmin looked at each other.

“He wasn’t at the house earlier.” Sungmin said.

“I was in and out, I didn’t see him.” Donghae said.

“Introducing Mr. Eunhyuk Lee and Ms. Hyoyeon Kim.” The announcer said. Claps and pictures can be heard.

“Eww, he brought her?” Sunny whispered.

“Don’t be mean.” Sungmin said.

“You guys know they are dating right.” Donghae said.

“Really?” Sunny  said.

“Since when?” Sungmin said. It was the first time he heard this.

“I don’t know.”Donghae said.

“Who’s that?” Jessica asked.

“She is Kim Hyoyeon, she is good at sports and she has pretty descent grades a little better than me. But her personality is the crappiest.” Donghae said.

 “Hey guys.” Eunhyuk said.

“Eunhyuk, you are late.” Mr. Lee said.

“Just by 20 minutes.” Eunhyuk said.

“Dad this is Hyoyeon, my girlfriend.” Eunhyuk said. Hyoyeon smiled at Mr. Lee.

“Hello, hello, you two need to introduce me to your girlfriends.” Mr. Lee said, pointing to Sunny and Jessica. Donghae laughed, Sungmin slapped his head, Sunny giggled, and Jessica was confused. Mr. Lee left to meet some other people.

“Is that Jessica Jung?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Hi.”Jessica said.

“Why are you here?” Hyoyeon said.

“She is my date for tonight.” Donghae said.

“But why?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Does there need to be a reason?” Sunny asked.

“I’m Eunhyuk’s girlfriend. What about you?” Hyoyeon asked. Sunny gave a disgusted face.

“Sunny is here because she is my date.” Sungmin said.

“Oh, but Jessica Jung, when did you become friends with Donghae?” Hyoyeon asked.

“We met today.” Donghae responded for Jessica.

“I wasn’t asking you, Donghae.” Hyoyeon said.

“Hyoyeon can you stop being so rude to Jessica.” Sunny said.

“What, I just want to know a person like Jessica is here for.” Hyoyeon said.

“What’s wrong with Jessica being here?” Donghae said.

“This is a party for the upper class, you can’t just being a nobody to a party like this?” Hyoyeon said.

“You don’t even know Jessica, her dad…” Donghae said. Jessica held on to Donghae’s arm and shook her head.

“Never mind.” Donghae said.

“Her dad is what?” Hyoyeon asked.

“None of your business.” Donghae said.

“Come on guys, let’s just sit down.” Eunhyuk said, trying to salvage the situation.

 

 “Seriously, I don’t like her, I don’t care if her father owns the hospital.” Sunny said.

“Where is your dad anyways?” Sungmin asked, looking around.

“My dad and mom are on vacation right now.” Sunny said. They all sat down on a small table.  Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon sat at another table for good reasons.

“So Jessica what does your dad do?” Sunny asked.

“He’s at this party too.” Jessica said, looking around.

“Oh really?” Sunny asked.

“Jung… Jung… Oh, your dad works for the military, international affairs.” Sungmin said.

“Yep! I couldn’t believe it either.” Donghae said. Jessica just smiled.

“Can you get us deals to go on trips?” Sunny said. Jessica nodded.

“Come on, we all have enough money to go wherever we want.” Donghae said.

“That’s true.” Sunny said.

“Were you at this party last year?” Sungmin asked.

“I didn’t come.” Jessica said.